“Little Rock Downtown close to Children's Hospital” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   617 South Broadway, Little Rock, AR 72201   |
Ranked #30 of 57 hotels in Little Rock

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel staff lacks basic customer services skills. It’s not surprising when the management does not lead by example. I decided to stay at this hotel, because it was the only downtown hotel with vacancies (due to the Little Rock marathon). That should have been the first sign.

Nothing but problems:

- At 3PM on Saturday, I could not check in, because my room was not ready. There was a lobby full of guests waiting for their rooms. There was no apology given. The front desk staff advised they were doing the best they could.
- Came back a few hours later, assuming the room issues had been taken care of. I received a room to discover the bed sheets had questionable spots; I’ll leave it at that.
- I was moved to another room. After using the shower, the front desk called and informed that I need to come down and return the key, because the room had been (mistakenly) assigned to two guests. I informed the front desk the shower had been used, but they did not seem to care. Before leaving the room, the other guess (also with keys) shows up with his family.
- At 5AM, the toilet stops working. I called the front desk who attempts to hand me (the paying guest) the plunger??? She advised the maintenance doesn’t come in until 8AM.
- Around 1PM Sunday, prior to returning to the room, I stopped by the front desk to confirm the issue had been repaired. The building maintenance personnel confirmed he fixed the toilet. I make it to the room only to have the building maintenance arrive to now fix the problem (8 hours later). He completely lied.
- I had to have the room key reactivated at least 3 times. The front desk advised me it was not working, because I had it near a credit card. She finally discovered the problem was because the room was in the system as not registered.
- Lastly, this morning (Monday), I had to wake-up the front desk personnel to check out (same person who handed me the plunger). She was sitting behind the desk knocked out, real professional…
- My entire trip to Arkansas was completely ruined by choosing this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Checked in on Wednesday. Took 3 calls to the desk to get a trash can for my room. Meanwhile the housekeeping staff left the trash I had piled up (so as not to look like a slob and leave it all over the room) and didn't take it out. One would think they would have realized that there was no trash can when they didn't have to empty it.

Day two, discovered my refrigerator is not working and my sodas and water are hot and the foods I bought for lunch are who knows if they are good. Decide to cook them. There is no start button on the microwave. I check, double check, to no avail. I even crawled under the desk to unplug and plug in again to see if that was the problem. No start button? I can't believe that. It has now been 15 minutes since I requested help in getting the microwave and refrigerator to work.

It is now 1:30 on Friday and no one has come to make up the bed, or clean the room. I am not sure I want to keep my "returns" membership. Having been in other La Quinta in other towns I know this is not the norm.

I do know that a hotel is just a building, what makes or breaks a hotel is the staff. And the staff in this hotel are not even close to being professional, or caring people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Eureka Springs, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Convenient location, friendly staff, clean and up-to-date rooms, adequate hotel breakfast... all at a very reasonable price. For a short stay in downtown Little Rock, the La Quinta fills the bill.

Check-in was quick and accurate. Friends with whom I was traveling were located into an adjacent room. Elevator access to upper floors was always speedy and the room was clean, comfortable and well equipped with micro-wave, fridge, single cup coffee maker, wi-fi, and TV. Wi-fi easily accessed and satisfactory for my needs.

Breakfast was on time, satisfactory and filling. Check out was equally efficient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

The location is great. Walking distance to the river and all the bars and restaurants. We walked there early in the evening but a taxi back.

Staff is great and very helpful. It is a bit old and it's like stepping back in time with the decor of the rooms. Lol. But they are clean and the bed is comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012
Harrison, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn for two nights. The hotel was neat and clean. Our room was everything we expected and the free breakfast in the morning was a bonus. The hotel had a free shuttle for up to 2 miles so it was nice not to get our car out. There is also fast food places close by.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center

Address: 617 South Broadway, Little Rock, AR 72201
Location: United States > Arkansas > Little Rock
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #30 of 57 hotels in Little Rock
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, LaQuinta, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Little Rock Downtown Hotel Little Rock
La Quinta Inn And Suites Little Rock Downtown
La Quinta Little Rock
Little Rock La Quinta

If you own or manage La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.