“Good Downtown Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
Berryville, Arkansas
“Good Downtown Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed 2 days in hot July and you could feel the heat inside the hotel. The air conditioners did not work well anywhere but is was over 100 outside. That being said, the hotel did a good job with room, cleanliness, and service. The room was quiet and so once we got the room cooled we slept well. The pool and the fitness center are good bit small. The wifi is really good even on the 8th floor. Price is good for location. In hotel restaurant is ok and less expensive than other hotels.

Room Tip: Don't stay on top floor or corner rooms during hot weather. Check in early, turn the air conditi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
RIO RANCHO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Glad we could use our points & location was great. Front desk folks were all very helpful & friendly. Not all people are crooks & I assure you I wasn't going to steal your towels. If you stay there make sure you count the towels & add in the plunger so you don't get charged for anything. We didn't but the sign that says "if anything is missing they will assume that you authorize a charge on your account", really bothered me. Perhaps they should fix their plumbing rather than put that nasty plunger in the bathroom.
The displays in the lobby were awesome & we loved looking at all the items. Restaurant was OK, but short staffed.

Room Tip: Upper level, end of hallway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here two nights on business. I'm a loyal Priority Club member, so I thought I would give this place a try, even though my meetings were across the river in North Little Rock. The location is not great - not really near anything, including dining or shopping. It is right on the freeway, but I didn't notice any noise.

Everything was clean, though it is an older, dated hotel. One nice thing - no charge for parking. Don't try to take an SUV into the garage, I'm pretty sure my rental would have scraped the ceiling. I didn't eat any meals here, so can't comment on the restaurant.

If you really want to collect or use points here, give it a try, but don't expect anything outstanding.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Presidential, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear toomuchtravel,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards member and for leaving us a feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. We are pleased to note that you liked the overall cleanliness of the property. However, we are sorry that we fell below your expectations in a few areas. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Powell, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

The lobby is an outstanding display of presidential memoriablia. I felt as is if I was in Washington, D.C. The man at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was lovely. The stay was nice. The only disappoinent was the pool was a bit dirty.

• Stayed June 2013
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

but everything else was so-so. The only room they had for us was a disability suite not what we booked, but whatever. There were no towel racks by the sink which is awkward when you are doing sink type activities. There were no towel racks in the commode, shower area-unless the thought was to use the handicap bars for towel bars. Then the towels hang over the toilet. Yuck. There were no hooks for robes in the bathroom. But there was a sign reminding us to flush frequently, I guess they think we might forget. Our room while not on the freeway side, a plus, looked right out onto the hotel ac units. Breakfast in the restaurant was ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Presidential, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear mhancock007,

Thank you for your feedback. It is lovely to read you liked our location, however, we regret falling below your expectations. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were picked up by the hotel van at the airport. We did not have to wait as our driver knew when our flight was arriving, he was friendly, the van was cool and ride to the hotel was not long as we were entertained by his Little Rock Trivia and local news. He is a real treat and I wish I could remember his name.
The front desk staff had our keys out in no time and were able to offer rides to various area attractions. Two of our group were given a ride to an off-property restaurant (which had great seafood) and were picked up later in the evening. Service is very important to the employees in the Little Rock Presidential and it shows.
Their lobby has an interesting collection of Presidential items and lots of guest seating.
The rooms are a nice size, internet is fast and the bed was so comfortable with plenty of pillows.
This hotel is very clean, quiet and the staff is exceptional. I left some personal items in my room when I checked out and when I called the next day the staff were already aware I left some things and Matt the Manager had them shipped to me that afternoon. I will be back again. And soon.

Room Tip: I like light in the morning so I chose an east facing room. Perfect sunrise opportunity.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, Mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here on a bus tour and everything was fine. Wasn't expecting much, but was surprised. Room was large (even if the bathroom was small). Lots of clean linen. Can't say much about the location (other than close to the River Walk) because we were off & on the bus at all times. Didn't have the opportunity to walk around the area. Seemed safe enough, though. Our breakfast was included in our bus tour, and it was very good--lots of fresh fruit and a variety of hot items. Room was quiet but air conditioner was noisy. Slow elevator service one morning so I walked down 6 flights. Would consider staying here again on a personal trip to Little Rock.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Presidential? Share your experiences!