“Convenient!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Convenient!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel is very convenient to downtown attractions. We visited the Clinton Presidential Library while we were in Little Rock, and it is a short drive from the hotel. The hotel offers a shuttle but we chose to drive so we could also visit the Statehouse. The rooms are nice and modern, and we enjoyed browsing the presidential memorabilia throughout the hotel. The problem I had with this hotel is the laundry availability. There is only one washer and dryer for the entire hotel!! That makes for a long evening of doing laundry. Also, the hotel restaurant is just average, nothing special. We would definitely stay here again for the convenience and the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hot Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

There is no smoking in the rooms but there is a wonderful courtyard with excellent landscaping and a fire pit where you will be comfortable at any time, even at 4am, with a cozy fire and excellent seating.

Rooms are clean, service is great, location is ideal, price is high.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
North Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our experience with the Presidential has been consistently good. Our company is in technical industrial sales and we travel a lot. Over the past few years we have found ourselves staying at the Presidential at least once a month and often with multiple rooms. Staying that often you have the law of averages have a chance for problems to occur. Rarely does that happen here. The staff is super nice. The rooms are consistently good and clean. The ambience is good and something we have not tired of. On occasions when a small glitch has occurred, they have promptly addressed it to our satisfaction. Having the River Market district close by and all the restaurants and nightlife handy is really nice. The hotel staff is knowledgeable about the area and makes sure you know how to get there and is interested in getting you home safe. We have spend many a lunch and dinner at the Camp David hotel restaurant and bar too. For a hotel, this restaurant is a cut above and being able to see into a spotless kitchen through the windows as they cook gives you a good feeling when your plate comes out fresh and hot. Stay there a lot and have a choice not to, but go back anyway. We like it and would recommend you check them out. Greg S.

Room Tip: Most guests don't know they have a safe garage - free - under the building. Park there out of t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed here twice and both visits were very different. The first time I had a good experience with a nice room. The second visit was not as successful. Though the hotel is well located and easy access to downtown Little Rock, the location wasn't worth the hotel experience. The room I had was noisy, lacked a closet and had an very inadequate air conditioning system. The parking was difficult and due to multiple events at the hotel, check-in was lengthy and there were so many people checking in that I waited 10 minutes to get in an elevator.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Larry C, Owner at Holiday Inn Presidential, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Business Traveler Serena_CA ,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We strive to uphold the highest level of customer satisfaction at the Holiday Inn Presidential. I apologize that your experience was not reflective of this standard. We realize how valuable your time is and apologize for the delay in checking into your guest room, as well as, waiting for the elevator. We were sold out – full house the night before and the complete turn with all “the attention to details” is a big job. Again, I’m sorry. Additionally, we would like to be notified immediately if ever there is a concern with the conditions of your guest room, as we would promptly resolve the issue or move you to an alternate room. We would love the opportunity to be given a second chance to provide you with a more consistent representation of our hotel. Please contact Heather Hertel directly if ever we can be given the privilege: 501-235-5618.

Respectfully Yours,

Larry R. Carpenter
President and CEO
larry@hipresidential.com
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for the Little Rock Marathon weekend and it was in a good location (walking distance to expo and race start/finish). The front desk staff wasn't too friendly when I arrived. There was also a problem with my reservation: I registered for one room for one night but they had me down with two different confirmation numbers. I just hope I don't get charged for more than one room! Abou (sp?) the shuttle driver was really friendly and helpful, and having the shuttle service was great. The pool is outdoors and was unfortunately closed when I was there. The shower pressure was nice and the room was clean. You need to walk to get to any kind of shopping/dining but it's a short walk. I notice that others have complained about the area being "sketchy" but I'm a woman and I walked alone at 5:15am to get to the race start and I felt safe. I never saw any safety issues while I was there. The hotel kindly gave us a 2pm checkout for after the marathon and I appreciated that (though as a Priority Club member a late checkout is pretty standard). Overall it was a decent stay and the price was good. I wouldn't rave about it but I'd consider staying there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear rtsb22,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Presidential. It is our goal to provide the utmost in customer service. We apologize if you were not greeted in this manner and we’ve addressed this concern with our front desk staff. Additionally, there should not be a duplicate issue with your bill, however, if there is please contact Christina Lyons, Assistant GM, directly at 501-235-5622 and she will personally resolve this immediately. Again, we appreciate you sharing your feedback. We are thankful you’re experience over the marathon weekend was positive and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Likewise, we hope the complimentary fruit and granola bars offered that weekend supported your healthy lifestyle. I love ‘em and like you, I run everyday! Again, we love the marathon runners and thank you for participating!

Respectfully Yours,

Larry R. Carpenter
President and CEO
Indian Trail, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I walked in to hear two complaints. Not a good start. One was an older gentleman saying he thought the breakfast was included. It is not, but should be. The other was a lady saying how her husband could not get onto their internet. My Husband could not get on either.
Positives: clean, quiet, the hot water was good and hot and arrived quickly, shower pressure good.
Negatives: CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS THE WORST out of all the 7 hotels we stayed at. My husband called to let them know the ice machine was not working on our floor. The girl at the front desk response was, "I think there is another ice machine on the 2nd floor." The sign on the machine states their is an ice machine on all even floors. We were staying on the sixth floor.
This was after I saw both front desk clerks roll their eyes at the older gentleman mentioned above. We asked for a double room. We got a king w/out even the offer of a rollaway. My daughter had to sleep on the floor. Thank goodness we brought blankets and pillows from home
The tub did not drain. We asked for shaving cream, which the little sign said they had. The front desk said, they did not. The fitness center needs to be up dated.
The thing that bothered me the most was all their little notes saying how they cared for the enviroment and please reuse your sheets and towels. As a person who is an enviromentalist saw what it truly was. It was a nice way of asking you to save them money. If they truly cared about the enviroment, they would have had recycle bins. They did not. They would not have delivered newspapers to every door. The majority of people do not read newspapers. These all ended up in the garbage, because they do not recycle. I brought this all to the owners attention. I knew from his response, that none of my issues, would be taken seriously.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Presidential, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Jolene F,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was only here for one night. Located right besides the highway and downtown (walking area). I still had to walk a few blocks to find a coffee shop or commercial area but the hotel was fine. I felt comfortable and safe.

The room was of a normal size for two full size beds. I would have like for the room to be updated with contemporary furnishings but it wasn't a bid deal. It had a desk, flat tv, comfortable beds and a decent bathroom counter. The door was very close to the toilet so I had to be careful when closing/ opening. But it was ok.

Next time I will try the restaurant which ice heard they had a nice breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Presidential? Share your experiences!