“Mixed review” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 56 hotels in Little Rock
Boston, MA
“Mixed review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for the Little Rock Marathon weekend and it was in a good location (walking distance to expo and race start/finish). The front desk staff wasn't too friendly when I arrived. There was also a problem with my reservation: I registered for one room for one night but they had me down with two different confirmation numbers. I just hope I don't get charged for more than one room! Abou (sp?) the shuttle driver was really friendly and helpful, and having the shuttle service was great. The pool is outdoors and was unfortunately closed when I was there. The shower pressure was nice and the room was clean. You need to walk to get to any kind of shopping/dining but it's a short walk. I notice that others have complained about the area being "sketchy" but I'm a woman and I walked alone at 5:15am to get to the race start and I felt safe. I never saw any safety issues while I was there. The hotel kindly gave us a 2pm checkout for after the marathon and I appreciated that (though as a Priority Club member a late checkout is pretty standard). Overall it was a decent stay and the price was good. I wouldn't rave about it but I'd consider staying there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Larry C, Owner at Holiday Inn Presidential, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear rtsb22,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Presidential. It is our goal to provide the utmost in customer service. We apologize if you were not greeted in this manner and we’ve addressed this concern with our front desk staff. Additionally, there should not be a duplicate issue with your bill, however, if there is please contact Christina Lyons, Assistant GM, directly at 501-235-5622 and she will personally resolve this immediately. Again, we appreciate you sharing your feedback. We are thankful you’re experience over the marathon weekend was positive and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Likewise, we hope the complimentary fruit and granola bars offered that weekend supported your healthy lifestyle. I love ‘em and like you, I run everyday! Again, we love the marathon runners and thank you for participating!

Respectfully Yours,

Larry R. Carpenter
President and CEO
Holiday Inn Presidential

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Indian Trail, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I walked in to hear two complaints. Not a good start. One was an older gentleman saying he thought the breakfast was included. It is not, but should be. The other was a lady saying how her husband could not get onto their internet. My Husband could not get on either.
Positives: clean, quiet, the hot water was good and hot and arrived quickly, shower pressure good.
Negatives: CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS THE WORST out of all the 7 hotels we stayed at. My husband called to let them know the ice machine was not working on our floor. The girl at the front desk response was, "I think there is another ice machine on the 2nd floor." The sign on the machine states their is an ice machine on all even floors. We were staying on the sixth floor.
This was after I saw both front desk clerks roll their eyes at the older gentleman mentioned above. We asked for a double room. We got a king w/out even the offer of a rollaway. My daughter had to sleep on the floor. Thank goodness we brought blankets and pillows from home
The tub did not drain. We asked for shaving cream, which the little sign said they had. The front desk said, they did not. The fitness center needs to be up dated.
The thing that bothered me the most was all their little notes saying how they cared for the enviroment and please reuse your sheets and towels. As a person who is an enviromentalist saw what it truly was. It was a nice way of asking you to save them money. If they truly cared about the enviroment, they would have had recycle bins. They did not. They would not have delivered newspapers to every door. The majority of people do not read newspapers. These all ended up in the garbage, because they do not recycle. I brought this all to the owners attention. I knew from his response, that none of my issues, would be taken seriously.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Presidential, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Jolene F,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was only here for one night. Located right besides the highway and downtown (walking area). I still had to walk a few blocks to find a coffee shop or commercial area but the hotel was fine. I felt comfortable and safe.

The room was of a normal size for two full size beds. I would have like for the room to be updated with contemporary furnishings but it wasn't a bid deal. It had a desk, flat tv, comfortable beds and a decent bathroom counter. The door was very close to the toilet so I had to be careful when closing/ opening. But it was ok.

Next time I will try the restaurant which ice heard they had a nice breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

There were some lovely moments to this hotel, and some serious disappointments. The shuttle was great to get you all over. The people at the front desk were overwhelmed and were sure to let me know they were. The restaurant - ummm ... well, the people who work there are wonderful. The food is less than wonderful. Holiday Inn pillows everywhere are horrible --- so yep, here too. It was convenient, clean - and the people are nice and helpful - mostly. So - it's sort of a mixed review -- but I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

There were a lot of really nice features to this 3 star hotel that impressed me. The hotel is very new and clean. The room was very clean. The bathroom did have the "flush frequently" sign, which I guess is cheaper than putting in extractor fans.

A nice touch on the restaurant was that there is a glass wall into the kitchen which reassures me of its cleanliness and that the chef won't be dropping my steak on the ground.

Pool was fine for our kids. It's not luxurious. It's small and cramped.

Location is a little dodgy, but convenient to the Clinton library and a short drive to downtown.

It's called the Presidential, but it's really an homage to Larry Carpenter, the owner, who has his name plastered everywhere around the hotel, including a big plaque outside the front door and a newspaper article just inside the front door. Fish his family caught are mounted on the walls in the restaurant with more plaques. We met Larry as we arrived and he is every bit the car salesman. A picture in the elevator of him sitting on his mustang is accompanied by a picture of a leggy blonde seated on a piano which I can only assume is his trophy wife because there's no explanation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a conference he attended the conference and I had time in my hand. They have a shuttle service that takes you anywhere you want to go within 3 miles. It was excellent the drove you downtown when you were ready they picked you up the wait was maybe5 minutes. The drivers were at tentative, professional and great tour guides, this service was free. The rooms were nice and clean with a crisp look to them, the gym was small but had everything you needed well equipped with waters and towels. the foof was good and the bar made nice drinks with a friendle service. The service was awesome all the way around. I'm glad I came for the ride because they made it special.

Room Tip: Laundry is on the 3 floor!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Adjacent to a residential neighborhood this hotel is visible from I-30 and easy to find. The staff was very pleasant and the lobby as well as grounds are nice. The front desk personnel were professional and knowledgeable about the best restaurants in town for dining. We couldn’t complain about the room either. It was comfortable and cool even with the temperature hovering above 100 during our stay. The lobby and some hallways are adorned with bipartisan Presidential memorabilia items as well as photos. “Well done.” It may be an isolated incident but a stranger (man in the lobby after 10:00 pm) attempted to blend into our group then engaged in aggressive panhandling. “Not good, not safe,” as he had access to the elevators. We did not give him any money and he left but continued to loiter about in the parking lot. I don’t know how this can be addressed but guest should not fear being accosted on hotel grounds.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Presidential? Share your experiences!