“Comfortable hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 57 Hotels in Little Rock
“Comfortable hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was only here for one night. Located right besides the highway and downtown (walking area). I still had to walk a few blocks to find a coffee shop or commercial area but the hotel was fine. I felt comfortable and safe.

The room was of a normal size for two full size beds. I would have like for the room to be updated with contemporary furnishings but it wasn't a bid deal. It had a desk, flat tv, comfortable beds and a decent bathroom counter. The door was very close to the toilet so I had to be careful when closing/ opening. But it was ok.

Next time I will try the restaurant which ice heard they had a nice breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

There were some lovely moments to this hotel, and some serious disappointments. The shuttle was great to get you all over. The people at the front desk were overwhelmed and were sure to let me know they were. The restaurant - ummm ... well, the people who work there are wonderful. The food is less than wonderful. Holiday Inn pillows everywhere are horrible --- so yep, here too. It was convenient, clean - and the people are nice and helpful - mostly. So - it's sort of a mixed review -- but I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

There were a lot of really nice features to this 3 star hotel that impressed me. The hotel is very new and clean. The room was very clean. The bathroom did have the "flush frequently" sign, which I guess is cheaper than putting in extractor fans.

A nice touch on the restaurant was that there is a glass wall into the kitchen which reassures me of its cleanliness and that the chef won't be dropping my steak on the ground.

Pool was fine for our kids. It's not luxurious. It's small and cramped.

Location is a little dodgy, but convenient to the Clinton library and a short drive to downtown.

It's called the Presidential, but it's really an homage to Larry Carpenter, the owner, who has his name plastered everywhere around the hotel, including a big plaque outside the front door and a newspaper article just inside the front door. Fish his family caught are mounted on the walls in the restaurant with more plaques. We met Larry as we arrived and he is every bit the car salesman. A picture in the elevator of him sitting on his mustang is accompanied by a picture of a leggy blonde seated on a piano which I can only assume is his trophy wife because there's no explanation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a conference he attended the conference and I had time in my hand. They have a shuttle service that takes you anywhere you want to go within 3 miles. It was excellent the drove you downtown when you were ready they picked you up the wait was maybe5 minutes. The drivers were at tentative, professional and great tour guides, this service was free. The rooms were nice and clean with a crisp look to them, the gym was small but had everything you needed well equipped with waters and towels. the foof was good and the bar made nice drinks with a friendle service. The service was awesome all the way around. I'm glad I came for the ride because they made it special.

Room Tip: Laundry is on the 3 floor!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Adjacent to a residential neighborhood this hotel is visible from I-30 and easy to find. The staff was very pleasant and the lobby as well as grounds are nice. The front desk personnel were professional and knowledgeable about the best restaurants in town for dining. We couldn’t complain about the room either. It was comfortable and cool even with the temperature hovering above 100 during our stay. The lobby and some hallways are adorned with bipartisan Presidential memorabilia items as well as photos. “Well done.” It may be an isolated incident but a stranger (man in the lobby after 10:00 pm) attempted to blend into our group then engaged in aggressive panhandling. “Not good, not safe,” as he had access to the elevators. We did not give him any money and he left but continued to loiter about in the parking lot. I don’t know how this can be addressed but guest should not fear being accosted on hotel grounds.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Waco, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The hotel was located right off of I-30, close to the river market. We didn’t feel comfortable enough with the area (some derelicts hanging around) to walk downtown, but the hotel offered shuttle service. Location: B

We stayed in a room with two double beds. The room itself was a nice size and very clean. The only downside was the old analog TV that was older than the hotel itself. What’s up with that? Room: B+

The front desk folks were very friendly and helpful. Service: A

Parking was free and there were spaces available. Parking: A

The complimentary wi-fi was decent. Speeds were fairly slow but I was still able to do what I needed. Connectivity: C

Overall we had a pleasant stay at the Holiday Inn and we got exactly what we were expecting: A decent hotel room at a decent price with friendly, helpful staff.

Hotel Rating: B

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I only stayed at this hotel because I had a conference to attend in one of the conference rooms. I decided to sign up for their rewards program, booked the room, and got surprised. I was treated like royalty, they upgraded my room to a suite and slept in an amazingly comfortable bed! I would definitely come back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Presidential? Share your experiences!