“Decent Hotel at a decent price” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
Waco, TX
“Decent Hotel at a decent price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The hotel was located right off of I-30, close to the river market. We didn’t feel comfortable enough with the area (some derelicts hanging around) to walk downtown, but the hotel offered shuttle service. Location: B

We stayed in a room with two double beds. The room itself was a nice size and very clean. The only downside was the old analog TV that was older than the hotel itself. What’s up with that? Room: B+

The front desk folks were very friendly and helpful. Service: A

Parking was free and there were spaces available. Parking: A

The complimentary wi-fi was decent. Speeds were fairly slow but I was still able to do what I needed. Connectivity: C

Overall we had a pleasant stay at the Holiday Inn and we got exactly what we were expecting: A decent hotel room at a decent price with friendly, helpful staff.

Hotel Rating: B

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I only stayed at this hotel because I had a conference to attend in one of the conference rooms. I decided to sign up for their rewards program, booked the room, and got surprised. I was treated like royalty, they upgraded my room to a suite and slept in an amazingly comfortable bed! I would definitely come back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I just spent two nights at this hotel while in town to visit the Clinton Presidential Center--and found it the perfect spot to stop! As one who is into all things presidential (that being the very nature of my trip), it was delightful to find a hotel beatifully decorated with presidential memorabilia and with a restaurant called "Camp David"--in which I enjoyed 3 delicious meals! ALL of the staff, without exception, were extremely gracious and helpful, accommodating in every way. The hotel's shuttle drivers (esp. Aaron) went out of their way to take me anywhere I needed to go--and were typically at my beck and call within 5 minutes or less, no matter where I was. I was privileged to meet the owner--who expressed that he was honored to have me as a guest and thanked me for staying there. A free continental breakfast would be a nice touch--but that's a small thing and I'm certainly not complaining. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in this hotel--and would happily book it again should I ever have occasion to return to Little Rock!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I was in Little Rock attending my niece's graduation on May 19, 2012 and stayed one night at the hotel. I booked two rooms at the Holiday Inn Little Rock-Presidential Dwntn for my sister and I and a friend. As is the case, I booked the rooms on line. After I booked the room, I read the reviews and became a little concern because of some of the negative reviews. I guess some individuals have to complain about something. I don't have any complaints. We three enjoyed our stay and would return.

I called the hotel around 8:30 p.m. Saturday evening to tell the desk clerk that we would arrive late as we were attending a graduation party. When we arrived around 10:00 p.m., the desk clerk was very polite and we checked in without any problem. My sister and I shared a room and my girlfried had a room. First, the rooms exceeded our expectations. They were clean, the most important quality for me when staying away from home. In addition, the decor was very nice. When I checked out the bathroom, I didn't notice mildew in the shower and hair on the floor as I have with a four star hotel in downtown Little Rock where I have stayed on several occasions on business. Although my sister and I did not eat breakfast, my girlfriend told me that she did and enjoyed it. She also commented that she needed a night away from home and got a chance to enjoy her stay in the room. Over the years, I have had a co-worker who always like staying at the Holiday Inn when she traveled to Little Rock. Now, I see why. it is close to the interstate no matter where one is traveling. It exceeded our expectations. I will return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

The hotel is convenient to the River District and Clinton Library. The restaurant food is very reasonable for a hotel and was very good. The room was comfortable and the wireless connection was perfect. The only issue was the air conditioning motor continually turned on and off and was loud. I am fine with the noise level as it helps to drown out other noises during sleep; however, I would have preferred a constant fan running to a constant on and off as it interupts your sleep.

Room Tip: Possibly choose a room that does not face the freeway to keep the traffice noise less.
Springdale, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

This property is not brand new, but I learned that the leadership team that owns it, is focused on their vision for success. I presented for a conference held here this week. From the moment I walked through the doors, I started to hear, "How can we serve you?" In my short 7 hours as a guest of this hotel, I met the owner, convention tech and setup teams, and restaurant manager. I did not stay the night , so I am NOT able to evaluate the rooms.

Positive Observations within the 1st floor lobby, convention area and restaurant:
1. The staff was accessible when we needed them to support us before and during the conference.
2. There is a floor to ceiling 8 ft wide window to see in to the kitchen. That is a great idea to increase accountability and quality of the product they are delivering.
3. Bathroom facilities were spotless. (Yes, I always check them for first impression.)
4. The owner's energy set the example for his staff members to do what it takes to serve the customer.
5. The U.S. Presidents decor was like a museum. First class.

I will provide one idea to do it better in the restaurant when a group of 100+ went through a two sided buffet line: when doing a taco nacho bar, make sure the meats come after the chips, shells and tortillas. Toppings are last. :o) I honestly think it slowed the line down because people had to stop and evaluate the buffet to figure out where the meat was.

If you have any questions about whether to hold a conference, meeting or just to stay at this hotel, call and talk with the management team. They are focused on customer service.

Fairview Heights IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed here three nights on business and found the location to be perfect for my needs. It is conveniently located adjacent to Little Rocks main highways. The lobby is large and clean and employees were prompt and helpful. I could tell my room had been updated, with newer curtains, bedding, wall and floor surfaces, accessories, and so on; the TV was still the older style. The bathrooms were small, but also well decorated with a wide assortment of toiletries. Overall the room was comfortable and gave a restful nights sleep. I did not eat in the hotel restaurant. The overall experience was cost effective and very pleasant. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The king rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Presidential? Share your experiences!