“Enioyed My Stay and Would Return” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 56 hotels in Little Rock
Memphis, Tennessee
“Enioyed My Stay and Would Return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I was in Little Rock attending my niece's graduation on May 19, 2012 and stayed one night at the hotel. I booked two rooms at the Holiday Inn Little Rock-Presidential Dwntn for my sister and I and a friend. As is the case, I booked the rooms on line. After I booked the room, I read the reviews and became a little concern because of some of the negative reviews. I guess some individuals have to complain about something. I don't have any complaints. We three enjoyed our stay and would return.

I called the hotel around 8:30 p.m. Saturday evening to tell the desk clerk that we would arrive late as we were attending a graduation party. When we arrived around 10:00 p.m., the desk clerk was very polite and we checked in without any problem. My sister and I shared a room and my girlfried had a room. First, the rooms exceeded our expectations. They were clean, the most important quality for me when staying away from home. In addition, the decor was very nice. When I checked out the bathroom, I didn't notice mildew in the shower and hair on the floor as I have with a four star hotel in downtown Little Rock where I have stayed on several occasions on business. Although my sister and I did not eat breakfast, my girlfriend told me that she did and enjoyed it. She also commented that she needed a night away from home and got a chance to enjoy her stay in the room. Over the years, I have had a co-worker who always like staying at the Holiday Inn when she traveled to Little Rock. Now, I see why. it is close to the interstate no matter where one is traveling. It exceeded our expectations. I will return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

The hotel is convenient to the River District and Clinton Library. The restaurant food is very reasonable for a hotel and was very good. The room was comfortable and the wireless connection was perfect. The only issue was the air conditioning motor continually turned on and off and was loud. I am fine with the noise level as it helps to drown out other noises during sleep; however, I would have preferred a constant fan running to a constant on and off as it interupts your sleep.

Room Tip: Possibly choose a room that does not face the freeway to keep the traffice noise less.
Springdale, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

This property is not brand new, but I learned that the leadership team that owns it, is focused on their vision for success. I presented for a conference held here this week. From the moment I walked through the doors, I started to hear, "How can we serve you?" In my short 7 hours as a guest of this hotel, I met the owner, convention tech and setup teams, and restaurant manager. I did not stay the night , so I am NOT able to evaluate the rooms.

Positive Observations within the 1st floor lobby, convention area and restaurant:
1. The staff was accessible when we needed them to support us before and during the conference.
2. There is a floor to ceiling 8 ft wide window to see in to the kitchen. That is a great idea to increase accountability and quality of the product they are delivering.
3. Bathroom facilities were spotless. (Yes, I always check them for first impression.)
4. The owner's energy set the example for his staff members to do what it takes to serve the customer.
5. The U.S. Presidents decor was like a museum. First class.

I will provide one idea to do it better in the restaurant when a group of 100+ went through a two sided buffet line: when doing a taco nacho bar, make sure the meats come after the chips, shells and tortillas. Toppings are last. :o) I honestly think it slowed the line down because people had to stop and evaluate the buffet to figure out where the meat was.

If you have any questions about whether to hold a conference, meeting or just to stay at this hotel, call and talk with the management team. They are focused on customer service.

Fairview Heights IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed here three nights on business and found the location to be perfect for my needs. It is conveniently located adjacent to Little Rocks main highways. The lobby is large and clean and employees were prompt and helpful. I could tell my room had been updated, with newer curtains, bedding, wall and floor surfaces, accessories, and so on; the TV was still the older style. The bathrooms were small, but also well decorated with a wide assortment of toiletries. Overall the room was comfortable and gave a restful nights sleep. I did not eat in the hotel restaurant. The overall experience was cost effective and very pleasant. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The king rooms are spacious.
mountain home,ar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We travel a lot with my son for baseball in the summer. This place was great. Clean. Friendly staff. We will definitely return

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Four of us shared a double room while in town for a concert. The property is extremely clean and is very accessible off the interstate. We stayed on the 6th floor and it was relatively quiet. The rooms, however, are not well insulated as I could hear my neighbors talking when I was in the bathroom or by the joining door. Four of us fit very comfortably. The bathroom provided necessities and even included makeup remover towelettes, which I had never seen before- nice touch! The hotel provides a shuttle service for free...you simply tip the driver. The River Market is only a few blocks away, and Verizon Arena is within a 5 minute drive. The hotel has very safe parking directly in front of the hotel by the entrance.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Andover, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I do not stay at many Holiday Inns (prefer Hilton properties) but hotel was selected for business reasons. The property is relatively new, very clean, and functional. The rooms are nice, though my bathroom was tiny! The presidential memorabilia throughout the hotel is interesting and fun. The gym needs an update, very small and old equipment. The treadmills were unusable. The lack of coffee and tea in the lobby was a negative - other similar hotels always have that. The staff was by and large very helpful, especially the event staff as we were using function rooms for many days. The catering was not great - they were always there, but repeatedly asked for hot water for tea and received luke warm pitches of hot water that had clearly been used for coffee, so the water was not drinkable or warm enough for a tea bag. A lot of the food was prepackaged, what you'd get out of a vending machine.

The location is central if you have a car. Not suitable for walking, especially since it is right next to a highway, Occupy Little Rock, and a closed gas station.

The restaurant, Camp David, was the main detraction. Ate at the lunch buffets and while the service was good, the food was nearly inedible. Nothing was suitable for a vegetarian or vegan. The meat was poor quality and fried or swimming in sauce. The vegetables mostly had bacon (I know it is the south) or were over-seasoned and extremely salty. And the pasta on the buffet for the Italian buffet was swimming in butter - which is 100% NOT Italian and certainly not healthy. The kitchen did provide plain pasta upon request.

Breakfast is not provided. You have to pay for it. There is full room service. But my toast arrived cold and not toasted and the fruit was not ripe, so couldn't be eaten - it was that not ripe. And I asked for tea and the tea bag was put it the water so by the time it arrived it was very bitter.

Overall, for a night or two, just fine, just eat elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Presidential, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Explorer_from_Boston,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you liked your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received food from our restaurant which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Presidential? Share your experiences!