“Above and Beyond” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Empress of Little Rock

Save Saved
You added The Empress of Little Rock to your Saves list
The Empress of Little Rock
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2120 Louisiana Street, Little Rock, AR 72206   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Little Rock B&B and Inns
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had a fantastic time at The Empress of Little Rock. The host and hostess were some of the most accommodating and helpful that I have ever met at a Bed and Breakfast, even at a caliber of Bed and Breakfast that The Empress was at. The rooms are all much bigger than the pictures lead on, and the home is absolutely gorgeous. If you don’t mind walking a bit over a mile, the downtown river district is in perfect walking distance. I have not had such a fantastic and relaxing time as I had this last weekend in a long time, and it would not have been nearly as fantastic had I stayed in a hotel chain. The host and hostess and staff went above and beyond in all aspects, and especially when my car was not working when I was leaving right after check out. Even though I was checked out and no longer a guest, they still treated me as though I was one. They called the tow-truck company for me, and then they even helped further by waiting for the mechanic for me when I had plans to go horseback riding about the time that the tow truck was supposed to arrive. I will definitely be returning and making sure that I recommend The Empress of Little Rock to all of my family and friends. I would love to stay in each one of the rooms at The Empress- so I will definitely return as soon as I can. I cannot speak highly enough of my experience.

Room Tip: The Miss Eliza room is directly next to the complimentary coffee maker- and you can hear people maki...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3mpress, Owner at The Empress of Little Rock, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Deborah told me about all the trails you had on Sunday. Thanks for taking the time to bragg on her and us. She represents our secret weapon to the world, Empress hospitality. We all try hard, but she certainly exhibits the spirit we see as our birth right here in the South. We hope you had a safe trip home and get to come back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our first stay at this bed-and-breakfast but it won't be the last. The Victorian mansion will take your breath away outside and in. We stayed in the Majestic suite which had a jacuzzi whirlpool and a steam shower with water massage. It was fantastic! The furnishings are luxurious and the period antiques were beautiful. The owner and staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast served was the best gourmet breakfast I've ever had.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Springdale, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Many times in your life as you travel you look something up on the internet and you choose to stay there and it is not as good as the internet makes it look. In this case, I wanted a special place and the pictures and descriptions of The Empress made it look amazing. Well guess what, it was amazing!! The property is incredibly well kept and there is amazing attention to every detail. The staff provides customer service that you will not experience at another property. The breakfast the next morning provided a plate of food that would challenge the finest of brunches anywhere in the United States. Overall, we loved the Empress and look forward to our next stay there.

Room Tip: If there was a pool and fitness center, I overlooked it because I was too relaxed and too happy to c...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your lovely review. Our staff will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. We work hard every day to deserve such high praise. You don't always know when you hit the mark. Thanks for taking the time to share.
Newalla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We came to the Empress of Little Rock last year and loved it so much we came back this year. We stayed in the Victoria's Garden Suite both times because we loved the décor, the view from the balcony over the back yard garden and the peacefulness. This suite has a steam shower as well as a jetted tub that are heavenly. The staff at the Empress are the best we have ever dealt with. It's no wonder they have won awards and have a top notch bed and breakfast! See you next year...

Room Tip: The Victoria's Garden Suite is on the second floor of the carriage A little more secluded...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is our second stay. We chose the "Hornibrook Suite", beautiful room, jetted tub, fireplace, comfortable bed, impeccable service, wonderful breakfast, A 1 plus! The home is magnificent, incredibly restored and maintained. My wife and I have stayed at a lot of B & B's across the country and this one rates at the top! We will return!

Room Tip: Stay in the main house. All of the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

What a great experience!! We loved our over night stay at the Empress. Service was outstanding, and our room was perfect. The candlelight breakfast was very elegantly presented and the food was delicious. We do plan on returning.

Room Tip: If you want quant and historical, choose a room in the main house. If you want a large suite with...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you get a chance to stay here do so!!! And choose the Hornibrook Suite. Tub and Fireplace. Amazing getaway for your and your spouse. Food was excellent as well!! Sheets were so comfortable. We had comfy robes to wear around the room. TV and DVD player in the room, but you won't need it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Empress of Little Rock? Share your experiences!