“Nice hotel, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
Atlanta Ga
“Nice hotel, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Very nice room layout and everything was clean and fresh. Kids loved the indoor pool and the adults loved the hotub. Standard simple breakfast buffet - fantastic as long as you have reasonable expectations for a "free continental breakfast". In other words, a typical but better than average Holiday Inn Express. The location was great for our needs. The hotel is located in an out-parcel across from a car dealership and farm supply store. The area is very quiet and felt safe and secure. There were plenty of good restaurants to choose from just one exit up the highway. My only complaint - the kids got water on the bathroom floor because the shower curtain was difficult to keep in the tub. That's digging pretty deep to find anything negative. If we come back to the area, we will definitely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We needed a place to stay as we were passing through from Dallas, heading east. I knew we had to stay in Little Rock, and so I began my search of hotels on the I-30, I-40 corridor in Little Rock. It seemed like none measured up. All reviews I read seemed to indicate problems. So, I branched out a bit, following a review on this HIE, located up I-430. This is the one that had good reviews, so I decided going a bit out of my way might be worth it.

Did I ever make a good call!! When we got there and checked it out, I really thought the place had probably been built in the last year or two, but the helpful young man behind the desk the next day said it was seven years old. Everything was spotless! Our room was great! Good bathroom, excellent bed. Room was almost suite-like! Breakfast the next morning was unbelievable. I travel for business frequently and I've seen a lot of HIE and other hotels' breakfast spreads, and I'd have to say this was probably the best I've seen (and partaken of!) ever!

The staff was wonderful as well, with the young woman at the desk making some recommendations for dinner for us when we checked in. Another good call. If you like pizza, check out American Pie, right across the street from the hotel.

If passing though Little Rock again, we'll definitely stay here!!

Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My daughters and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was spacious and clean. I really liked the scent of the lotion and soap. My daughters had a great time at the pool and were very pleased that the temperature was that of a heated pool. The staff was all very nice and the breakfast was amazing! We will definitely stay at this hotel again our next trip to the area.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I reserved a room online in December 2012 as I have done 5 previous times and have never had a problem. I selected my room and must have inadvertantly click a Advance Paymment box. I cancelled the room two weeks in advance of the schedueld check in. When i contacted the hotel I was told that my money was non-refundable. I explained that that box must have been checked inadvetantly I have stayed with Holiday at least 5 times in 2012 and have never used the advance payment feature. I am now being told that even though I cancelled two weeks in advance of scheduled check in and have no history of ever using an advance feature; I am going to have to forfeit the entire amount of the hotel stay. I may have made a mistake but I know they have the ability to refund my money. I will not stay at any Hoilday Inn because while I made a mistake they clearly are taking advantage of an inadvertant keystroke.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sean C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Little Rock West, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I spoke with this guest on the phone regarding their reservation and explained the following. As stated they made a Advance Purchase reservation personally on our website. For any person making an Advance Purchase reservation online, stated below is the information that you will see regarding the reservation you are making, which the guest MUST read and then click to agree with twice before making a reservation.

"Book Early & Save - Advance Purchase Looking to stretch your travel dollars? Lock in special savings just by booking early and purchasing your stay in advance. Reservation requires full prepayment for the entire stay at the time of booking, and is non-refundable. Payment is charged to your credit card between the time of booking and day of arrival."

This is open for any potential guest to go check for themselves to see that we are not trying to change the rules at all just for the sake of this case. When I spoke to the guest, I regretted that per our Holiday Inn Express Corporate Office policies, we are not permitted to reverse any Advance Purchase reservations but since they have been loyal to the brand I would be willing to go ahead and change the date of the reservation for them so that their deposit would not be totally lost and they could use it at a later date. The guest declined to do that.

There is little that "Guest Service" has to do with this issue, as we have done nothing wrong and everything 100% accordingly to the rules and terms that the guest personally agreed to when making the reservation. If anything, we extended a hand in trying to accommodate the guest, which they refused. Unfortunately, as much as we try, we can not rectify every situation to meet the demands of every party, every time.
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My family of 3 (myself my husband and our 5 yr old daughter) stayed here on a Thursday night, they were fairly close to Verizon Arena (we were in town for a Justin Bieber concert) and were very close to many nice family restaurants (we ate at Copelands! very reasonably priced and good portions - GREAT FLAVOR!) Upon walking in to the hotel (Brenden - I believe) gave our daughter a bag with a water bottle and a bag of Cheetos in it. They checked us in at 12. which was early, (we did call ahead) the lobby was spacious, inviting, clean, and looked fresh, not super outdated like a lot of hotel chains in this price range. Walking into our room we were very surprised, our 2 queen room had a beautiful bathroom with granite like counter tops and a tub/shower combo and a very nice vanity and mirror. the room itself had a flat screen television a sink/counter with microwave above and fridge below a fold out couch with a coffee table and chair a desk with a very comfortable chair (the wifi was fast and easy to connect to) and then the beds... very clean and comfortable. The blankets were great (not like the scratchy ones in most hotel chains. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool and the hottub downstairs, they were clean and not over chlorinated. Our 5 year old who used the bathroom in the pool area came out saying "mom this bathroom is beautiful" :) after swimming the kids (my husband and our 5 year old) enjoyed a quick nap while I got ready for the concert and found that they had an assortment of fresh cookies at the front desk for guests. Which they were very pleased to find when they woke up. Check out is noon, which was great for us, we slept in before going downstairs for breakfast, there were tons of options pancakes, yogurt, hardboiled eggs, milk, an assortment of cereals, toasts, and bagels, scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon, juice and all the fixens. Then we still had plenty of time to go for another swim and get ready and get out on time. We were very surprised and pleased with our stay and recommend this as a place to stay for anyone looking in the little rock area! If we come back through this will definitely be where we stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

ThisI hotel has recently been refurbished. It is clean, the rooms are spacious as are the baths. The beds are GREAT. This was the best nights sleep of our trip. The staff was efficient and friendly. The breakfast bar offered hot eggs, sausage and pancakes. The location is in a far west suberb and you will need to drive 2 - 5 miles for restaraunts, shops etc. Really a nice place to stay for overnight and if you have business in the area. We would stay here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
The Colony, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Holdiay Inn Express on Talley RD

My family stayed in this hotel over the Thanksgiving holiday. We encountered issues from the moment we walked in the room. For starters, the drain in the bath tub was clogged up. We did receive some action on this once we called the front desk but the issue still remained the next morning when we went to shower. After a 2nd attempt the drain was unclogged.

Our room was not cleaned during our entire stay. We explicitly put in a request to have the room cleaned when we left out Saturday morning and was told that it would get taken care of. When we returned the room was still a mess and we had to, again, request a fresh set of towels and some extra trash bags so that we could clean the room ourselves. On the 1st night I also noticed that the bed spread on one of the beds had a nasty stain that looked as if it would come out with a thorough washing. In fairness to the hotel we did not initially report this to the front desk. I removed the comforter and would've been ok with letting it slide had the rest of the service been on point.

After returning, for a second day, to a dirty room I spoke with the night manager, voiced concerns with him and asked if we could just handle it by talking to the morning manager at checkout (was too irritated to have a productive conversation so wanted to have time to relax a bit). He told me that a manager would be on staff and that it would be ok to address the issues the next morning.

When we came down to check out we were told that there was no manager on site and that we could call the next morning and speak to someone. I ended up calling the next evening and, with there still being no manager on staff, decided to leave a message for Sean Cadzow to give me a call back.

3 days passed with no word from Sean so when I received the email to participate in the customer feedback survey I figured that would be a good place to list out my concerns. At the end of the survey I was asked if I wanted a manager to contact me and to specify the means of contact. I stated that I did want to speak with a manager on the phone. 3 or 4 more days passed and, still after having received no phone call, I received an email from the manager for whom I left the message. In his emailed response to my survey, he basically called me a liar in saying that the room wasn't cleaned and in saying that there was no manager on staff when we left and he also made no attempt to settle the grievance.

I will definitely not be staying at this location again. If top management isn't concerned with living up to the customer "satisfaction guaranteed" message presented, in writing, in all the rooms you can't expect any lower level employees to be concerned with it either.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sean C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Little Rock West, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay. We are sorry that any of our guests had an unpleasant stay while at our hotel and as you can tell from our guest survey scores and reviews on Trip Advisor, the experience this guest is highly uncommon.

Our housekeeping is set up in a way that a housekeeper and a member of Housekeeping Management must sign off on every cleaned room, check out or stay over. The guest's room was signed off as clean, with no other guests on that housekeeper's assignment missing service. If the guest had a specific problem that was perhaps overlooked, that is uncertain. The next day, our team of course wanted to make sure we took extra good care of cleaning the guest’s room, but they had placed the Do Not Disturb outside their door for the entirety of the day, again signed off by two members of housekeeping.

Our Maintenance team immediately went to the guest’s room both times she called - once for a stopped shower and once for a stopped toilet - and were unable to find a problem either time.

Lastly, myself (the GM) and our Director of Sales were both on duty all 3 days of this guests stay for 8-9 hours each per day and were never approached by this guest. Also, our direct phone number, extensions and personal email addresses are listed in every guest room in case a guest encounters a problem and none of those were ever used. The guest did leave feedback via a survey that stated her main method of contact as email, which is what I used to contact her. Of course, we would never talk to any of our guests in such a manner that she suggests. We simply stated that given the circumstances and available criteria of the situation, we would have to back our staff against her complaint. We were never provided any evidence that she did not receive the service expected of our staff.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Little Rock West? Share your experiences!