“Very comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 56 hotels in Little Rock
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

ThisI hotel has recently been refurbished. It is clean, the rooms are spacious as are the baths. The beds are GREAT. This was the best nights sleep of our trip. The staff was efficient and friendly. The breakfast bar offered hot eggs, sausage and pancakes. The location is in a far west suberb and you will need to drive 2 - 5 miles for restaraunts, shops etc. Really a nice place to stay for overnight and if you have business in the area. We would stay here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
The Colony, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Holdiay Inn Express on Talley RD

My family stayed in this hotel over the Thanksgiving holiday. We encountered issues from the moment we walked in the room. For starters, the drain in the bath tub was clogged up. We did receive some action on this once we called the front desk but the issue still remained the next morning when we went to shower. After a 2nd attempt the drain was unclogged.

Our room was not cleaned during our entire stay. We explicitly put in a request to have the room cleaned when we left out Saturday morning and was told that it would get taken care of. When we returned the room was still a mess and we had to, again, request a fresh set of towels and some extra trash bags so that we could clean the room ourselves. On the 1st night I also noticed that the bed spread on one of the beds had a nasty stain that looked as if it would come out with a thorough washing. In fairness to the hotel we did not initially report this to the front desk. I removed the comforter and would've been ok with letting it slide had the rest of the service been on point.

After returning, for a second day, to a dirty room I spoke with the night manager, voiced concerns with him and asked if we could just handle it by talking to the morning manager at checkout (was too irritated to have a productive conversation so wanted to have time to relax a bit). He told me that a manager would be on staff and that it would be ok to address the issues the next morning.

When we came down to check out we were told that there was no manager on site and that we could call the next morning and speak to someone. I ended up calling the next evening and, with there still being no manager on staff, decided to leave a message for Sean Cadzow to give me a call back.

3 days passed with no word from Sean so when I received the email to participate in the customer feedback survey I figured that would be a good place to list out my concerns. At the end of the survey I was asked if I wanted a manager to contact me and to specify the means of contact. I stated that I did want to speak with a manager on the phone. 3 or 4 more days passed and, still after having received no phone call, I received an email from the manager for whom I left the message. In his emailed response to my survey, he basically called me a liar in saying that the room wasn't cleaned and in saying that there was no manager on staff when we left and he also made no attempt to settle the grievance.

I will definitely not be staying at this location again. If top management isn't concerned with living up to the customer "satisfaction guaranteed" message presented, in writing, in all the rooms you can't expect any lower level employees to be concerned with it either.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sean C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Little Rock West, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay. We are sorry that any of our guests had an unpleasant stay while at our hotel and as you can tell from our guest survey scores and reviews on Trip Advisor, the experience this guest is highly uncommon.

Our housekeeping is set up in a way that a housekeeper and a member of Housekeeping Management must sign off on every cleaned room, check out or stay over. The guest's room was signed off as clean, with no other guests on that housekeeper's assignment missing service. If the guest had a specific problem that was perhaps overlooked, that is uncertain. The next day, our team of course wanted to make sure we took extra good care of cleaning the guest’s room, but they had placed the Do Not Disturb outside their door for the entirety of the day, again signed off by two members of housekeeping.

Our Maintenance team immediately went to the guest’s room both times she called - once for a stopped shower and once for a stopped toilet - and were unable to find a problem either time.

Lastly, myself (the GM) and our Director of Sales were both on duty all 3 days of this guests stay for 8-9 hours each per day and were never approached by this guest. Also, our direct phone number, extensions and personal email addresses are listed in every guest room in case a guest encounters a problem and none of those were ever used. The guest did leave feedback via a survey that stated her main method of contact as email, which is what I used to contact her. Of course, we would never talk to any of our guests in such a manner that she suggests. We simply stated that given the circumstances and available criteria of the situation, we would have to back our staff against her complaint. We were never provided any evidence that she did not receive the service expected of our staff.
Springdale, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel was a great little place to stay. It is located close to the bypass for easy access, but not so close that you’ll hear the traffic. It is skirted by a commercial area (including a large movie theater) and a wooded area, which is just enough to give it the impression of being isolated. For the most part it is located well away from the “shady” areas, and seemed to be safe and relatively quiet. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the building is relatively new so it is clean and well maintained. The décor is lavish, with wood and earth tones throughout. There is a conference room and a business center for the traveler who has to work, and a free wireless connection throughout the hotel. There is a heated indoor pool, a whirlpool, and a fitness room that consisted of two treadmills and an elliptical machine. The only complaints about the amenities were that the fitness room did not appear to have air conditioning (quite stifling), and the hot tub was more of a “very warm” tub –without bubbles. There is also a laundry room for guests that offered inexpensive washes, and the machines worked quite well. The continental breakfast was way above par, and included scrambled eggs, omelets, cereals, juices, milks, yogurts, fruits, granola bars, and bacon (yes, I said bacon!). There was also a wonderful little pancake-making machine that worked with just the push of a button (no more having to turn hot griddles and pry them out with forks). The room I stayed in was large and comfortable, and included a king-size bed with pillows marked "Firm" or "Soft." There was also a large, flat-screen television that swiveled. My biggest gripe was the annoying fluorescent light bulbs throughout the room, which could not be dimmed; either they were on and assaulting or off and dark. Another minor complaint I had was the large gap between the room door and the floor, which appeared to be approximately half an inch in height. Not only was it a privacy concern, but I could hear everything that happened in the hallways. Overall, however, this was a great place to stay and I would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

My son and I stayed here before a Razorback game at War Memorial. Very spacious room, and comfortable beds at a good price. The room was quiet, couldn't hear any outside noise. There are several restaurants close by, as well as a Walmart Supercenter. We would definetely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. My room was clean and quite spacious. I did book a room on short notice and was very happy with the price. The night I stayed at the hotel it was rather quiet which I really liked. Parking was easy. Breakfast was tasty and all important the coffee was good and hot. Staff was friendly. If I'm ever back in the Little Rock Area I would definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. We were in Hot Springs, but there was a convention and no rooms available, so we traveled down the road a bit. Due to a power outage, rooms were unavailable in other areas closer to Hot Springs, so we ended up in Little Rock. We are so glad that we did because this Holiday Inn was extremely nice! The bed was luxurious, the pillows were soft and comfy, there were additional pillows and blankets for the sofa bed in the closet area, the room was large, the bathroom was large and clean and stocked with everything you could need, and it had a nice little area with a refrigerator, sink, and microwave. Heard no hallway noise at all. Breakfast room was a bit on the crowded side, but we were able to get what we wanted. VERY IMPRESSED by our stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Salmiyah, Kuwait
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed in a king size room - very roomy with pullout sleeper sofa - and nicely done. Problems: (1) flimsy building construction allows you to hear more than usual hallway noise; (2) half used bar of soap left in the shower from previous guest; and (3) apples left in fridge from previous guest. The soap and apples are cleaning management issues. Cleaning crew was standing around chatting it up in the hallway, only to scatter when they saw a guest coming. Didn't bother to report anything to the front desk because staff was busy texting. Staffing at this hotel reflects poorly on Holiday Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Little Rock West, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear mecorton7,

We are very appreciative of our guests that take the time to leave comments about their experience with our hotel. Thank you for your kind words about your room. Rest assured, we do have an excellent housekeeping staff that keeps guest rooms sparkling, however, I do apologize for the oversight on the soap left in the shower and apples in the fridge. I am really sorry about the level of noise from the building construction in the area. I have taken note of your comments regarding the front desk, this will certainly be looked into. We take our customer reviews very seriously and really use them to better our guests services in the future.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Little Rock West? Share your experiences!