This hotel was a great little place to stay. It is located close to the bypass for easy access, but not so close that you’ll hear the traffic. It is skirted by a commercial area (including a large movie theater) and a wooded area, which is just enough to give it the impression of being isolated. For the most part it is located well away from the “shady” areas, and seemed to be safe and relatively quiet. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the building is relatively new so it is clean and well maintained. The décor is lavish, with wood and earth tones throughout. There is a conference room and a business center for the traveler who has to work, and a free wireless connection throughout the hotel. There is a heated indoor pool, a whirlpool, and a fitness room that consisted of two treadmills and an elliptical machine. The only complaints about the amenities were that the fitness room did not appear to have air conditioning (quite stifling), and the hot tub was more of a “very warm” tub –without bubbles. There is also a laundry room for guests that offered inexpensive washes, and the machines worked quite well. The continental breakfast was way above par, and included scrambled eggs, omelets, cereals, juices, milks, yogurts, fruits, granola bars, and bacon (yes, I said bacon!). There was also a wonderful little pancake-making machine that worked with just the push of a button (no more having to turn hot griddles and pry them out with forks). The room I stayed in was large and comfortable, and included a king-size bed with pillows marked "Firm" or "Soft." There was also a large, flat-screen television that swiveled. My biggest gripe was the annoying fluorescent light bulbs throughout the room, which could not be dimmed; either they were on and assaulting or off and dark. Another minor complaint I had was the large gap between the room door and the floor, which appeared to be approximately half an inch in height. Not only was it a privacy concern, but I could hear everything that happened in the hallways. Overall, however, this was a great place to stay and I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newest all suite hotel in West Little Rock Arkansas is the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, conveniently located to I-430 exit 4, adjacent to downtown Little Rock. Our hotel is located within a short drive of the Shackleford Crossing Retail and Financial District, Westlake Business Park/Kroger Center. We are also close to downtown, State House Convention Center, and Center and Park Plaza Mall. Many restaurants are within 3 Miles of the hotel. Special in room amenities include free high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, microwave, refrigerator, sofa sleeper and wet bar. Our hotel also offers complimentary hot breakfast buffet daily, an indoor pool and whirlpool. Businesses: Alltel, Fidelity Information Services, Axiom, Euronet, Farm Bureau, ARKSYS. Hospitals: Arkansas Heart Hospital, Children's Hospital, Baptist Hospital UAMS, St.Vincents and Veterans Hospital. Universities: University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR), University of Arkansas for Medical Services (UAMS), Remington College and Pulaski Tech. Local attractions: Clinton Presidential Library, State Capitol building, Alltel Arena, River Market, The Little Rock Zoo Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Little Rock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Little Rock-West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Little Rock West Hotel Little Rock
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites - Little Rock West
- Holiday Inn Little Rock
- Little Rock Holiday Inn