“just what we needed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 56 hotels in Little Rock
washington, dc
“just what we needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Not deluxe, but it had everything we needed. The management, especially Jamel and Han, were very pleasant and helpful. We'll definitely stay there in the future. We had both a one bedroom suite and a studio suite for three of us. That gave us lots of space.

Room Tip: One bedroom suites are very spacious and studios are more than ample.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pine Bluff, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week. It is now one of my favorite places and I will stay there again. I had issues with my vehicle and pulled into this hotel because my vehicle had overheated. It turned out to be my waterpump. I was in Little Rock to attend a confernce. Needless to say, I was a little frantic. I had previously made reservations at another hotel at a confernce rate. I had not eaten and my husband was not going to be able to come to my rescue for hours. The manager and staff took me in and treated me like I was family. They called my hotel cancelled my reservation, reduced my rate to match my conference rate, provided menus for local restaurants that would deliver and simply made me feel welcome! Thanks guys for a making a terrible day a little brighter!

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor. It was very quiet!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hustonville, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My mother reserved and paid for a room for us and for my brother because this hotel was near her and they accepted pets. She went to the hotel and physically gave them her credit card for the transaction. The entire family was coming in for Thanksgiving. What a fiasco and what awful customer service.

We arrived late after a 10 hour drive and the clerk did not have her payment information nor did he know how long we were staying. He said, "they leave notes for me but I only go by what is in the computer!" He insisted he scan our credit card, I decided to go ahead since we just wanted a room. He told us of their pet fee and I told him I did have 2 dogs. He advised they only accept one dog. I explained my mother had told them I had 2 dogs. He called his manager and was told it was fine, but I had to pay double the pet fee--$100.

I told him I was going to see if I could find another hotel. He said we might as well stay there at least one night because we couldn't cancel at that point (since it was past their cancellation window) and I would be charged as a "no show." I explained I wasn't a "no show," I was standing right here! I explained the rules had changed so he could not hold me to an agreement when he didn't uphold his end of the bargain.

We did find a La Quinta at $50 less per night, free breakfast (which wasn't offered there), and no pet fee. What a miserable experience after a very long day. We used to work at RV parks. People arrive late and tired. The last thing anyone wants at that time is a hassle with a uncooperative check-in desk clerk. [We were not charged for any "no shows"]

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Newmarket, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last night. When I was checking in, there was a man standing at the desk, who stood there the whole time the front desk attendant was checking me in. I actually asked if he was staying there, as he wasn't wearing a uniform shirt. He said he had been staying there for a few months. The attendant then handed me my key, and announced "You're in room 215"....I should have asked for another room right then, but I didn't

The room was ok, no shampoo,no lotion, only conditioner Room was clean. Nicely appointed kitchenette, lots of plugs for electronic charging.

At about 9ish, I was asleep, the phone rang, and it was "the manager of the hotel" saying they had some issues with some rooms, and needed to get more information. For my time they would give me 15% off my bill.....SCAM SCAM SCAM........I hung up immediately, and called the front desk to report. No hotel EVER calls your room for "more info" or credit card info. NEVER give this info out over the phone!

When I was leaving this morning at 5:30 am, the same gentleman that I reported it to was still working the desk. I asked him to have the general manager call me today, and as 6pm, I have heard nothing.

I would absolutely NOT recommend this hotel to anyone who may be slightly concerned about security. DEFINITELY not to a woman traveling solo. If I had to stay in Little Rock a second night, I would have changed hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Candlewood Suites is one of our two favorite places to stay while traveling. I have mixed feelings about this one. Several years ago we stayed at another in a different city in Arkansas and said we would not go back to that one. I kind of feel the same about this one tho I can't put my finger on why. When we checked in we felt the lobby needed more lighting, It was not what I would call inviting unlike most of the Candlewoods. The young man who checked us in gave us a price and showed us a room close to the desk just so my husband could be assured that there would be a recliner. It happened to be a handicapped room and tho we didn't need that type of room we took it as it was close to unloading the car etc. He then told us he made a mistake on the price and it would be $10.00 more. Had he told us it was because of the handicapped room we would have said we would take another room but didn't think of it at the time. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. We asked for an extra blanket so my husband could sleep in the recliner (just like home), it was issued to us and when we checked out we were asked where the blanket was. I felt like they thought we were taking it with us. I don't really haveanything bad to say about this property. Just did not feel comfortable and may or may not stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Clinton, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I spend a week there while on a Fedral Jury in Little Rock. It was a nice as I could hope for. My week went by without a hitch. The room was spacious and even the ice maker in the fridg worked quicker than most. The bed was very comfortable. The front desk was very big on courtesty and service. I would, without a doubt, stay there again. A very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Russellville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The room was wonderful. It was clean and spacious. Bring your own pillows if you are picky like we are. Check in was fast and the front desk clerk was great. He was friendly and efficient. The little market has soda for 50 cents each, which is a buy! The location is convenient with several restaurants nearby.

We only had one problem during our stay. This hotel is advertised as dog friendly. They require that you sign a pet agreement, which seems reasonable. You must walk your dog in through the back door which also seems reasonable but inconvenient. When walking the dog you must go to a very very small pet area. However, the hotel did supply bags which was very convenient. When we checked out we were in a bit of a hurry to get to an appointment. The front desk clerk (not the same guy that checked us in) asked that I remain at the desk until he inspected our room for dog damage. This has NEVER happened in any other chain I have stayed in and for a dog lover it is a bit disconcerting. The clerk came out of the room and asked if my dog had been sitting in the recliner. I told him no, that my husband was the only one in the recliner. The clerk said that he had "looked at the chair the day before and had committed it to memory" and that now there were more spots on it. I was a bit irritated and it showed, and the clerk said, "Sorry, I did not mean to insult you." I told him my dog is better behaved than most people and that what he saw was existing damage. Just be aware that when you check in you should insist the clerk inspect the room with you and initial the pet agreement. Then accompany the clerk back into the room when you check out. We were so excited that we thought we had a new hotel to stay in every time we visit Little Rock, but we are not so sure now. The clerk failed to understand that for some people, like us, our dogs are well behaved children. I think the hotel needs to train this guy! I know that some pet owners are not responsible, but to assume we are all like that is insulting.

Room Tip: The hotel is next to the highway, but we did not hear it. The A/C unit is old so if you turn it on...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites? Share your experiences!