“Great place, but not dog friendly, dog tolerant-sort of” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #41 of 61 Hotels in Little Rock
Russellville, Arkansas
“Great place, but not dog friendly, dog tolerant-sort of”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The room was wonderful. It was clean and spacious. Bring your own pillows if you are picky like we are. Check in was fast and the front desk clerk was great. He was friendly and efficient. The little market has soda for 50 cents each, which is a buy! The location is convenient with several restaurants nearby.

We only had one problem during our stay. This hotel is advertised as dog friendly. They require that you sign a pet agreement, which seems reasonable. You must walk your dog in through the back door which also seems reasonable but inconvenient. When walking the dog you must go to a very very small pet area. However, the hotel did supply bags which was very convenient. When we checked out we were in a bit of a hurry to get to an appointment. The front desk clerk (not the same guy that checked us in) asked that I remain at the desk until he inspected our room for dog damage. This has NEVER happened in any other chain I have stayed in and for a dog lover it is a bit disconcerting. The clerk came out of the room and asked if my dog had been sitting in the recliner. I told him no, that my husband was the only one in the recliner. The clerk said that he had "looked at the chair the day before and had committed it to memory" and that now there were more spots on it. I was a bit irritated and it showed, and the clerk said, "Sorry, I did not mean to insult you." I told him my dog is better behaved than most people and that what he saw was existing damage. Just be aware that when you check in you should insist the clerk inspect the room with you and initial the pet agreement. Then accompany the clerk back into the room when you check out. We were so excited that we thought we had a new hotel to stay in every time we visit Little Rock, but we are not so sure now. The clerk failed to understand that for some people, like us, our dogs are well behaved children. I think the hotel needs to train this guy! I know that some pet owners are not responsible, but to assume we are all like that is insulting.

Room Tip: The hotel is next to the highway, but we did not hear it. The A/C unit is old so if you turn it on...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Batesville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We had to be at ACH early the next day, so decided to go over the afternoon before and spend the night so us and our child could get some extra rest. The hotel was quiet and nice. It's set up for a longer stay, but the staff was very nice. Their are several options to eat not far from the hotel.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I was very impressed with the service and cleanliness of the room and the hotel. Everyone had a great attitude and were very helpful.We really enjoyed our stay and will be staying there at least two more times this year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Little Rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This hotel was by far the best my husband and I have ever stayed in. The room was very neat and clean. The housekeepers were great cleaners and the property was in a very nice part of the cities. The front desk people were very nice and might I add very proffesional. Gets a five thumbs up and my husband I recommend you stay at this hotel when you visit Little Rock, AR....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
missoula, mt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for my company for a week. The front desk was nice but. A little unorganized. For the most part I would recommend this as a place to stay

• Stayed March 2012
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I was very impressed by this Candlewood. The room was very clean and was set-up very well. Had a very large desk for work which was great for me as I travel for work. The cooking top was very clean and polished. Very comfortable bed. Not a complaint.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Carson, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I enjoyed my stay here the front desk was very helpful, resourceful, and customer friendly. Rooms were clean and up to standard. Very spacious and nice comfortable King size beds. Also a great location everything is within a mile away. Free Internet service wireless and also offer computer access of their own in case you forget to bring your laptop.

Room Tip: Corner Rooms are quiet and discreet
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business