“Above average Courtyard by Marriott with a few irritating drawbacks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Little Rock Downtown

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #17 of 56 hotels in Little Rock
“Above average Courtyard by Marriott with a few irritating drawbacks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The welcome was great and the public rooms are very attractive with an outdoor sitting area. Parking is in an adjacent public car park ($8/day) and is readily accessible. We loved the location which is within easy walking distance of the Clinton Library and the excellent Ashleys Restaurant. Breakfast was good and excellent value.
We had a suite which was nicely furnished although lighting is poor especially in the lounge. However only the bedroom was air conditioned so the lounge was uncomfortable (outside temperature in the 90s) . The hotel provides free wii but this was very unreliable . There is no sleep button on the TV
The shower was better than average but, after three weeks on a road trip I am really looking forward to using some nice towels, It is a pity that Marriott 's Courtyard and Residence Brand both supply poor quality,thin rough towels.
Nevertheless I would definitely return to this hotel. The general atmosphere is very pleasant (in contrast to the Marriott Hotel in the same street which has a large impersonal lobby which smells strongly of cigar smoke)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Allen, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

For the prices listed here, this property needs to be clean, clean, clean and it is not, not, not. The first room had a nasty bathroom. We left for dinner and the staff were supposed to clean the floor. Nothing done. Moved to a second room, where the floor next to the bed was soaking wet. Move again. Third time a charm. The common areas are dirty. Floors need a good vacuum. We were given a breakfast voucher. And I want to eat here, think again. I can forgive a lot, if the rooms are clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenwood, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Every aspect of our stay was absolutely fantastic except ...

I am going to have to give "cleanliness" a poor in regards to the glasses and coffee cups that are provided in the rooms. When we checked in, there was one glass out of six that had a plastic wrap around it with a little sticker that said something like "squeaky clean"! I made coffee the morning after we got there and the first coffee cup I grabbed was dirty. The cup was stuck to the coaster it was sitting on.
I left an extra nice tip for the cleaning folks along with a note that I wanted all "squeaky clean" glasses and cups. I got extra glasses and cups but they said they just clean them themselves.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We checked in at the Wyndham in North Little Rock. It was awful! We called the Marriott, they got us in. From the moment we arrived, we were very Impressed. We loved the room, comfortable bed, clean room & the service was excellent! It's next door to the State House. Our stay in Little Rock went from awful to really wonderful, kudos' to Marriott. Our stay was really nice & pleasant. I would defiantly stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant was excellent. Staff was superb. Highly recommend this hotel when visiting Little Rock. In addition the shuttle driver took me to my business meeting although it wasn't on his usual shuttle route.

• Stayed June 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Family stayed here for a wedding - we had several rooms and were very pleased with the facility - the staff were great - helpful and accommodating - Wi-Fi was OK but slowed a lot during peak periods - clean property - nice breakfast with attentive staff - was disappointed that the bar closed at 10 on Friday night due to lack of activity since we came in from the rehearsal dinner ready to socialize with a few adult beverages around 10:30 - would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chris R, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Little Rock Downtown, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your compliments about our hotel and staff. We enjoyed hosting your wedding party here and hope you will return to visit in the future!
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

A friend and I planned a trip to the Clinton Presidential Centre in Little Rock, then on to other parks of Arkansas. The two properties at which I wanted to stay were booked so I took a shot at this property. It is ideally situated to the Clinton Centre, on the same street, just a short walk away. As it turns out, this property is also on the east edge of the rejuvinated Little Rock river front, know as River Market.

Our arrival looked a bit bleak, as there is very little space in which to park and unload. (This is not the hotels fault, it has to do with the narrow steets on the riverf ront.) Our concers were soon dispelled. The lobby was modern,yet warm and welcoming. Check-in was a breeze. The reception staff was top-shelf. Warm, friendly (almost perky), knowledgable, and professional. (This was true of the staff throughout the stay: reception, bar, and restaurant.

The rooms were appointed as one would expect for a Marriott. The failing of the room, if it is that, was that both queen beds were soft and mushy. We could not find the TV remote. A simple call to the front desk and one arrived within 5 minutes: one cannot argue with that response.

The only negative of the stay (other than the soft bed) was that there was an undisclosed $8.00 parking fee. At check-in I was asked if I would be parking a car, to which I replied, yes. I was given the parking pass: no mention was made of fee (nor did I inquire). The charge was on the bill at check-out. I have no problem with $8.00 to park at a downtown hotel. I do have a problem of not being told in advance of charges.

Overall, staff, service and location make this a property one I would definately stay at again and recomend it for anyone who likes nightlife or is visiting the Clinton Centre.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent stay with the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Little Rock and for your kind comments. Please accept my apology for the surprise on your bill connected with parking. It is never our goal to not be informative when it comes to a charge and I have spoken with our staff to ensure this oversight is not repeated in the future. I am thrilled you found our location convenient and comfortable and welcome you back anytime you are in the area again!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Little Rock Downtown? Share your experiences!