“Good food in an excellent location” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #125 of 649 Restaurants in Little Rock
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Delicatessen, Diner
Little Rock
“Good food in an excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Burge's is a tried and true establishment in the heights area of Little Rock. It is very convenient to a great shopping area, so it is worth it to pop in for lunch. They have great smoked meat sandwiches, and also make an excellent catfish sandwich. They are not fast food though, so be prepared for a bit of a wait. Nice place to people watch too.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Burge's turkey made me smart!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Burge’s turkey made me smart!
Turkey sandwich! - FLAG THIS./"./"./" Burge's turkey and deli is the absolute best deli in LR! I've had deli sandwiches across the USA! Burge's makes the most incredible eyes-closing-delicious turkey sandwich there is! You will love it! I am certain Burge's turkey even made me smart! For four years I had at least one Burge's turkey sandwich every week while I worked on my project, and now look what happened (Google "patent mist suppression skirts") and they have Thanksgiving and Christmas gift turkeys they ship next day to family, friends and business! What a great idea that is too, isn't it?!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
White Hall, Arkansas, United States
“I Guess It's All About Tradition”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Apparently this place is an old establishment in the Heights and people rave about it because of sentimental value. I found this place (after eating there twice) to be very average. I believe they do a really great job smoking their meats and people come in to order turkeys, hams, etc. for special occassions and holidays. That, I don't doubt, is their strength. However, I've not been impressed with my lunch. You walk up to the counter to order then find a seat until they bring it out. They mostly have sandwiches with daily specials like fried catfish on Fridays. The sandwiches are served on plain 'ole white bread. I can't say that I've ever walked away from there thinking, "Wow, that was a great sandwich." Also, the portions are small compared to what you pay. Someone makes fried pies for them which, to me, is the best thing about going in there.

I will say that the customer service is pretty good. I just think there are too many other options in the area for me to spend my time and money here.

Visited July 2012
Arkansas
“They know how to make good sandwiches !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Great sandwich shop in the heights. Anything on the menu will be good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Great local gem in nice part of town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

What a find! Cherry limeade with a smoked turkey melt with tots on the side. Heavenly!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere