“Best Steaks??? Really???” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Florence, Alabama
“Best Steaks??? Really???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

I wanted to take my mother for a nice steak dinner while we were visiting Little Rock. The Faded Rose was recommended to us by a local. This seems to be a trendy restaurant with a creole flair that boasts "best steaks in Little Rock". When we entered, the restaurant was noisy but smelled great! I was certain that good food was to follow, especially after I saw the menu prices. Our server was vey nice and accomodating. I ordered the seafood platter ($20), my daughter had fried shrimp ($13 for a 1/2 dozen) and my mother ordered a ribeye ($22). My seafood platter consisted of 3 fried shrimp, 3 fried oysters, a handful of tiny fried crawfish tails, and fried thin fish (paper thin catfish fillets). The food had good flavor, especially the shrimp. I was disappointed in the portion size for the price. The crawfish tails were so small, you couldn't really taste them. My daughter enjoyed her shrimp as well. However, my mother's steak was so bad she couldn't eat it. It was very bland, so she sent it back. The staff was very understanding and credited our check. Be sure to examine the menu closely and ask questions. The steak that my mother got was not grilled, but pan broiled. I don't think she would have ordered it that way had she known. Overall, our experience was a mixed bag, but I don't plan to go back.

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Kansas City, Mo.
“How one waitress can spoil a good time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

We had a large group that visited this establishment and had a very good time and the garlic chicken was very good. The waiter we had was excellent. However, when we first got there the waitress that met us seemed to try and run us off by muttering comments under her breath and taking way too much time to seat us even when there were enough tables to push together. If you see the young black haired waitress with scars on her arm, find someone else to help you. Otherwise, I would recommend this restaurant.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Arkansas
“Will never go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

I've eaten at the Faded Rose in the past, and it had been fine. I hadn't been there in a couple years and recently had dinner there with friends. Two of them got the rib eye steak, and both said it was gristly. One of them couldn't eat it and sent it back. My experience was the worst though. I had a shrimp pasta dish and got sick that night, which I attribute to what I had there. There are two Faded Roses. The one I am referencing is on Bowman and not the one on Rebsamen. I'll never go back to the one on Bowman after that experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere