“Used to be great....” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Outdoor seating
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Used to be great....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I used to love this place, but the service has really gone downhill. The cafe is constantly out of whatever it is I want to order that day... (It seems they are forever out of chicken salad, so why not just take it off the menu?)

Call ahead orders? Well, don't bother. When attempting to call ahead and place a pickup order, the phone rings & rings and an employee rarely answers. I'm often trying to get lunch (for myself and for clients) called in quickly during the workweek, and Andina has lost a considerable amount of business from my company alone just by not picking up their phone.

When I can get in touch with someone to call in an order - it is not prepared as listed on the menu. My recent salad order was missing several of the advertised toppings, the mushrooms on said salad were not fresh and appeared to be from a CAN, and the dressing was placed into tiny containers that were not user friendly to say the least. A companion ordered the new pulled pork salad... the lettuce on the salad was brown, withered, and looked to have come from a bag. Not very appetizing.

I keep saying I will give this place one more shot because it was much better in the past, but I think enough is enough. I really hope the owners get it together, because Andina has the potential to be a great local spot.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Arlington, Virginia
“Come for the coffee! ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I visited this restaurant for breakfast, I'm not sure where the go-to place for breakfast is in the area but I was not blown away by the food. I ordered the southwest omelet, which came with cheddar and an array of vegetables...but they used canned veggies. I would've loved a side of fresh fruit or something but it came w a slice of white bread from the grocery store. I guess I would just say that they could freshen up the ingredients a bit because the service was great and the place is really cute.

The house blend coffee rocks!!

“Great hotel referral and awesome staff/meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Asked our hotel front desk for a breakfast referral. The young clerk raved about the restaurant, and boy was he correct. We drove the 3 minute drive to the River district and immensely enjoyed the fare and establishment. Excellent omelets and even offered to"wrap" it in a tortilla for my wife. Food was homemade and served by by what appeared to be the owners of the restaurant. Lots of local feel and genuine goodness. Would definitely recommend!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“BEST BREAKFAST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

After a tip from someone on the trolley, my family and I went to this cafe. In short, it was FANTASTIC. We had a stack of pancakes which were delicious, the Mexican omelette, which was phenomenal, a blueberry bagel, great, and the best of the best, the sausage egg and cheese croissant sandwich, which was the best any of us have ever had. We will definitely be back tomorrow and I'd recommend this little cafe all around! Also the staff was very friendly and helpful, which was a plus! Sugar Cookie coffee was very unique and sweet and yummy as well!

Alexandria, Louisiana
“The Drinks and Sweets are really Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I ordered a mixed berry smoothie and a piece of cheesecake. The cheesecake was amazing but the smoothie seemed to have to much liquid, other than that it was a pretty good little stop!

• Visited July 2013