“Lots of potential” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
Vacaville, California
“Lots of potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel has the charm of the historic site that it is, good location and the staff are friendly & helpful. The hotel just needs lots of TLC. The faucets were corroded, the air conditioner was not effective & very noisy, the carpeting & windows in the public areas were dirty and from where I sat for the limited continental breakfast, you could see a mouse trap.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I arrived several hours before the stated check-in time; I thought I was going to have to wait or be charged extra- neither of these things happened. I had requested a smoking room but when I entered I noticed there were no ashtrays( yes I still smoke) so I notified Michael and within less than five minutes he had me in another room - an upgrade. I was very pleased with the feel and look of the room. It took me back to better days when everything was so simple. I loved the furniture, and the bed was quite comfortable too. Room was very clean and everything was in order. Staff was quite helpful and friendly. I will stay there again and will recommend it. It was a good price for my budget and was conveniently located to attractions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I got there 15 min. after the check in time but the room wasn’t ready, so I waited 40 min. for it 2 b ready. Once I got in the room I noticed it was still dirty (even when I saw the people cleaning). The smell was terrible, walls needed cleaning, stains in the carpet, dirty bath tub, dirty bed comforter (c-men stains), etc. I was so upset that I went to the front desk, attempted to cancel the reservation but the lady told me she couldn’t, that I had to cancel through the website I booked the rooms. By now I didn’t think I was getting my money back so when she offered 2 upgrade me 2 a suite it felt like it was a good deal.
It was much nicer but still VERY dirty! I got a suite with a Jacuzzi & sofa. Jacuzzi was dirty, floor needed 2 b mopped, carpet had stains, not vacuumed (I found cereal & small trash in the edges), the couch which was red had several stains of c-men, A/C was very loud, pillows and comforter didn't seem clean.
I went to the restaurant at 7 pm and there was nobody there, I sat there waiting but nobody came so I left. For the internet you have 2 use a cable because they don’t have wireless; it didn’t work so the front desk lady provided me with the password for 1 of their wireless networks I assume is 4 employees. Staff was nice, but the hotel needs repairs, the south building didn't have A/C in the halls, the stairs don’t go through the 1st floor (hopefully there will not be a fire),, walls had holes here and there & needed repair. DON’T STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Leipzig
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Echoing similar reviews, the Legacy is a great value in downtown Little Rock. Free wifi and comfortable bed were highlights. The drawbacks were a noisy air conditioner fan and thin walls that didn't filter loud neighbors' conversations.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lathrop, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a neat old hotel on the National Register of Historic Places and we got it for a great rate. The rooms were HUGE!! Our room had 2 queen beds, a couch, chair, entertainment center, fridge, microwave and desk. Rooms were clean, check in was easy. THe only downfall was the breakfast had very little choices, but it was free so it's pretty hard to complain. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel was serviceable, but I don't know that I'd say much more for it. The room was average, cleaned minimally each day, although only one pillow per person (we asked for more, and they could only hunt down one). The front desk staff weren't very knowledgeable about the area (one couldn't even place us on the map provided at the front desk). The hotel does provide breakfast, but again, it's minimal - toast, cereal, and oatmeal. I would recommend this hotel for brief stays only. We were in Little Rock nearly a week, and staying here got old fast. We found a great deal through hotels.com, so it was worth what we paid for it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Motta Sant'Anastasia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

Clean room in a great historic hotel that is updated. For the price I was expecting the basics but got much more. Our corner room is perfect.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Legacy Hotel? Share your experiences!