“Friendly, Out of the Norm Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 57 Hotels in Little Rock
Anderson, Indiana
“Friendly, Out of the Norm Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Upon arrival, you will see a full parking lot. I mean full. You wonder if they will have room for you. Obviously, they provide overnight parking for users of the airport. It does create some parking problems for its immediate guests who need access to the main entrance. Once inside, the front desk staff is very friendly and very helpful. They have a small sandwich making operation and bar inside the lobby, that fit nicely for us so we didn't have to go into town to eat (about 5 miles). The hot breakfast in the morning was a definite plus and seemed to work smoothly. Tables are placed strategically around the long extended lobby where there was room for about ten tables for breakfast.

Overall, this hotel met our traveling needs as a one night road stop. The rooms are not very modernized, but roomy, clean and met our needs. They will be needing a mattress change out pretty soon.

Room Tip: Unless you are hearing impaired, ask to avoid rooms near the elevator as they open up right into the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Flo_Newsom, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments on trip advisor. No we are normal but we do know southern hospitaliy
and we like for our guest to feel at home when you are staying with us.
Thank you for staying with us and I do hope to see you in your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Russellville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed here while visiting family in Little Rock. After trying multiple hotels in LR that allow dogs and being disappointed, this hotel was a breath of fresh air. The staff not only warmly welcomed us but gave us a "doggy bag". It had a small bowl, bags for waste, and a bag of treats. It also had a real cute letter addressed to our "furry friend" that talked about the hotel rules for pets. It made us laugh. Not only that, the staff was friendly and truly seemed to appreciate our "little fuzzy friend." We will be staying here in the future, regardless of whether we are flying out of LR or just visiting family. The only down side is they charged us an additional $25.00 for our dog, but this and higher rates seem to be the industry standard right now. A sad commentary when many of us have dogs that are better behaved than children.

Room Tip: Choose one away from the lobby, much quieter. If you want a window that opens ask for a first or se...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Flo_Newsom, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thanks for sharing your stay with us. Yes we do like the pets staying with us.The fee helps with the cost of stripping and cleaning the room after our friends leave the hotel. I do agree most pets that stay with us are very well behave and have teriffic owners that take care of them.
We hope that you and your pet will come see us again the near future.
Searcy, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We paid for a room for an out of town guest. This hotel ran our debit card for the same room five times. This caused our bank account to become overdrawn and we incurred $150 in overdraft charges. They have refused to pay these charges and have been uncooperative. Be very careful if you stay in this hotel. check your charges carefully. They are extremely incompetent!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Flo_Newsom, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Really, When I was advised about your credit card issue that was taking place with your card.
Your bank was sent a letter asking them to release all the holds that were on your card this was on Saturday. I also asked for the statement showing the charges at this time I still do not have them
I also refunded your card $91.07 on Saturday. On Monday your bank was suppose to have called me to make sure all transations were taken care of and what the overdraft charges were but ! didnt recive that call. Then I called the bank to make sure that all the credit card auto were off your card. The I refunded your credit card $150.00 to cover the cost of the overdraft fees that you incurred.
Southport, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel is like most airport hotels, it did the job. THe little 4 stool bar was nice and they make meals in the back of the bar.We had a open faced Hot Roast Beef sandwich with mashed potatoes and green beans for $7 and it was pretty good. Like most airport hotels in the evening there we a lot of people hanging out in the lobby. That's probably because it was cold out and no rental car :)
We were not there for the airport so we would probably look for a hotel not near the airport but would stay here again if we were using the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner in our lobby bar. This has been a great addition to the hotel as a lot of guest dont wont to leave the hotel after they arrive.
I am sorry about the rental car (they need to get more cars) espically thru the week.
Thanks for staying with us and maybe in your future travels you will stay with us again.
Beaumont, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I booked my room through priceline.com. In the past I always got another hotel close by which I was very happy with but found out they were sold out during my stay. I was greeted by a friendly courtesy driver at the airport, that I mentioned to that I normally stay at another property & have always been happy with their service. During our drive from the airport to the hotel the driver and I engaged in conversation in which I talked about poor hotel experiences I have had during my frequent business travels. Once we arrived to the hotel I then proceeded to check in, the registration clerk then began to refer to me as "sister" as the shuttle driver told me on the way that they want all of their guests to feel like family. As I completed me checkin process I was informed by the registration desk that I had selected a smoking room through priceline. Knowing that I did not I expressed that with the desk & asked for a non-smoking room if it was available. And mentioned if not I would make due as long as there wasnt a strong stinch of smoke lingering. I was told that all rooms were sold out for this date but wasn't given an option to move the following day. As I began to TRY to sleep, all I smelt all night was the smell of cigarette smoke fearing that my clothes would reak of the smell the following day while trying to work in an non smoking environment. I went to the desk the following morning and asked if there was any chance of getting a nonsmoking room, after over hearing the registration clerk mention to his manager that he had a cancellation dude to a canceled flight. The clerk informed me, as if I was a first time traveler, that he would do what he could do, but in the future the best & easiest way to get a room change was to book directly through the hotel. I informed him that I am not a first time business traveler and I have to go with what's most beneficial cost wise for myself and the company I work for. He approached me in the early afternoon letting me know he had a nonsmoking room for me.

So the above may or not be unfavorabale to most but what rubbed me the wrong way was the "bipolar" woman that is hired to man the "bar". The first evening when I arrived at the hotel, I sat for a few hours doing paperwork, then requested a cocktail. She was very kind & served me with the best hospitality like I was her best friend! as I observed her & heard her state negative remarks about the other guests she was serving. There was a group of 6 or so guys that had obviously been staying at the hotel a few nights that had seemed to have enough but she continued to serve them. (Spaghetti was terrible) The following night, I did a little "wooohooo" and was told by the same bartender that I needed to keep it down. She then layed my ticket on the bar after serving me 3 beers when there was another man that was drinking his own beer at the bar, 6+ beers and she served him more. She was spreading rumors throughout the young guys there as if she was trying to justify what she did which was totally wrong. I asked the desk to call the manager but was told that she, the bartender has the ultimate decision to make. Well my ultimate decision is that I will never stay here again. Bartender is jealous of a married woman that could care of her married guests that are here for work!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am not sure where to start on your letter. But are two sides to every story and the letters that I recieved from my bartender and front desk staff are very different from the one that you wrote.
With that being said I am sorry that you didnt enjoy your stay.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel two nights last week and was so impressed! We dealt with several different staff members and they were all very helpful, polite, and went out of their way to make sure our stay was nice. The breakfast was good, (we LOVED the chocolate waffles!) the location was less than 5 minutes from the airport, there was plenty of parking, the wireless internet was fast.... It was really the staff that made the stay so exceptional though. I was just blown away by now NICE everyone was! The only (small) downside was the lack of restaurants in the immediate surrounding area, but we found a Boston's restaurant that was really good and only a 5-minute drive away and ate there twice. Plus, the hotel has fresh chocolate chip cookies and milk in the lobby at 8pm so who needs dinner anyway!? :) I would definitely stay here again if my travels take me back to the Little Rock area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Flo_Newsom, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Wow !!!!! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.
Yes indeed I am very proud of all my staff. We like to make our guest feel like they are at home.
Glad that you enjoyed our chocolate waffles, next time you might want to try our blueberry ones it is as good as the chocolate.
Thank for sharing your experience while staying with us on trip advisor,
I hope to see you again in your future travels.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!