“Great people, close to airport,” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 60 Hotels in Little Rock
Southport, NC
“Great people, close to airport,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel is like most airport hotels, it did the job. THe little 4 stool bar was nice and they make meals in the back of the bar.We had a open faced Hot Roast Beef sandwich with mashed potatoes and green beans for $7 and it was pretty good. Like most airport hotels in the evening there we a lot of people hanging out in the lobby. That's probably because it was cold out and no rental car :)
We were not there for the airport so we would probably look for a hotel not near the airport but would stay here again if we were using the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Flo_Newsom, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner in our lobby bar. This has been a great addition to the hotel as a lot of guest dont wont to leave the hotel after they arrive.
I am sorry about the rental car (they need to get more cars) espically thru the week.
Thanks for staying with us and maybe in your future travels you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Beaumont, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I booked my room through priceline.com. In the past I always got another hotel close by which I was very happy with but found out they were sold out during my stay. I was greeted by a friendly courtesy driver at the airport, that I mentioned to that I normally stay at another property & have always been happy with their service. During our drive from the airport to the hotel the driver and I engaged in conversation in which I talked about poor hotel experiences I have had during my frequent business travels. Once we arrived to the hotel I then proceeded to check in, the registration clerk then began to refer to me as "sister" as the shuttle driver told me on the way that they want all of their guests to feel like family. As I completed me checkin process I was informed by the registration desk that I had selected a smoking room through priceline. Knowing that I did not I expressed that with the desk & asked for a non-smoking room if it was available. And mentioned if not I would make due as long as there wasnt a strong stinch of smoke lingering. I was told that all rooms were sold out for this date but wasn't given an option to move the following day. As I began to TRY to sleep, all I smelt all night was the smell of cigarette smoke fearing that my clothes would reak of the smell the following day while trying to work in an non smoking environment. I went to the desk the following morning and asked if there was any chance of getting a nonsmoking room, after over hearing the registration clerk mention to his manager that he had a cancellation dude to a canceled flight. The clerk informed me, as if I was a first time traveler, that he would do what he could do, but in the future the best & easiest way to get a room change was to book directly through the hotel. I informed him that I am not a first time business traveler and I have to go with what's most beneficial cost wise for myself and the company I work for. He approached me in the early afternoon letting me know he had a nonsmoking room for me.

So the above may or not be unfavorabale to most but what rubbed me the wrong way was the "bipolar" woman that is hired to man the "bar". The first evening when I arrived at the hotel, I sat for a few hours doing paperwork, then requested a cocktail. She was very kind & served me with the best hospitality like I was her best friend! as I observed her & heard her state negative remarks about the other guests she was serving. There was a group of 6 or so guys that had obviously been staying at the hotel a few nights that had seemed to have enough but she continued to serve them. (Spaghetti was terrible) The following night, I did a little "wooohooo" and was told by the same bartender that I needed to keep it down. She then layed my ticket on the bar after serving me 3 beers when there was another man that was drinking his own beer at the bar, 6+ beers and she served him more. She was spreading rumors throughout the young guys there as if she was trying to justify what she did which was totally wrong. I asked the desk to call the manager but was told that she, the bartender has the ultimate decision to make. Well my ultimate decision is that I will never stay here again. Bartender is jealous of a married woman that could care of her married guests that are here for work!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Flo_Newsom, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I am not sure where to start on your letter. But are two sides to every story and the letters that I recieved from my bartender and front desk staff are very different from the one that you wrote.
With that being said I am sorry that you didnt enjoy your stay.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel two nights last week and was so impressed! We dealt with several different staff members and they were all very helpful, polite, and went out of their way to make sure our stay was nice. The breakfast was good, (we LOVED the chocolate waffles!) the location was less than 5 minutes from the airport, there was plenty of parking, the wireless internet was fast.... It was really the staff that made the stay so exceptional though. I was just blown away by now NICE everyone was! The only (small) downside was the lack of restaurants in the immediate surrounding area, but we found a Boston's restaurant that was really good and only a 5-minute drive away and ate there twice. Plus, the hotel has fresh chocolate chip cookies and milk in the lobby at 8pm so who needs dinner anyway!? :) I would definitely stay here again if my travels take me back to the Little Rock area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Flo_Newsom, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Wow !!!!! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.
Yes indeed I am very proud of all my staff. We like to make our guest feel like they are at home.
Glad that you enjoyed our chocolate waffles, next time you might want to try our blueberry ones it is as good as the chocolate.
Thank for sharing your experience while staying with us on trip advisor,
I hope to see you again in your future travels.
New Braunfels, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had stayed at this hotel twice before our Christmas Day stay and had a good experience both times. The rooms are clean and large and the staff and amenities are great. Our Christmas stay was a little less enjoyable due to a snow/ice storm which came in that evening. The weather people had predicted the storm and we should have been more prepared for it as we traveled, however it would have been nice if the hotel had been more prepared, too. It would have helped if they had brought in a snow shovel or two to loan to people to help them dig out of the parking lot, as well as some salt or sand to spread at the exits to keep people from falling (both my husband and I fell at the rear exit to the parking lot). At 78 and almost 86 that is not a good thing. Luckily we were not hurt, although it took us 3 hours to get our car out of the parking lot. This was an usual event for Little Rock but our stay could have been better. This will not keep us from stopping there again on our way through Arkansas, hopefully during better weater.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
baxterflorenceky, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that your struggle with the snow and ice was not so good. But the snow and ice put a damper on a lot of folks.. Yes !!!! indeed we experinced ice first and 10 inches of snow so little good did it do to put out salt at the back door or anywhere else. Big trucks could not even get out of the parking lot .It was a bad time for all our guest.
Other than the snow and ice I am glad that you enjoyed your stay inside the hotel. Hope to see you again in your future travels.
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Comfort Inn is very a very convenient place to stay for someone making a trip across Arkansas from Texarkana to Memphis. Although it is located within sight of the airport, there was no issue of noise from planes. The only real noise was from the water pipes while someone was using the shower. My king bed room was comfortable and clean. The wifi worked just fine, the hot breakfast had everything a person would want - eggs, sausage, hash browns, biscuits, bagels, English muffins, toast, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, cereal, juices - well you get the idea. The evening clerk was extremely welcoming. All in all, I was extremely glad I paid a few dollars more than I might have in another place for such a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
baxterflorenceky, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip advisor . I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Lucky for us we are in between the airport runways so we do not hear a lot of the air planes noise. As for the noice of the shower from the other guest room we are looking into installing a noise barrier in between the shower and the other rooms. This will be a little less distrubing for the other guest as well. Thank you for bringing the noise of the shower to my attention as all guest comments are welcome so that we may better serve our guest.
We hope that you will stay with us again in your future travels
Riverside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently stayed two nights at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised that it was nicer than I expected. The room was very clean and spacious. I felt safe, it's close to the airport, restaurants are nearby and it was quiet.

My favorite was the complimentary continental breakfast. They had many choices and food was fresh and started early which was convenient for me and my early departure flight.

Great place to stay in Little Rock.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!