“Something new” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 56 hotels in Little Rock
little rock
“Something new”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have stayed at Crowne Plaza twice and not been happy. I live on a 38 foot Trojan Cruiser and with my 13 year old daughter we take a weekend now and then to find a place in the winter with an indoor pool. We decided to try Hampton Inn and I have to say it has been one of the best of our weekend experiences to date. Tenesha (sp) was as sweet and helpful as any one I have dealt with. In the last few years due to my fathers health we have traveled to Rockport so many times and stayed at so many different Hotels from Dallas, Waco, Austin to Rockport/Fulton this is one I will put on top.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is one of the better Hampton Inns that we have stayed in. The room that we were assigned was like a mini-suite. The lobby area and the breakfast area are large with high ceilings. We were attending a wedding in Little Rock and I had made reservations for a Friday and Saturday night. On the way from Florida, we found that we could get there on Thursday night. I called from Louisiana and asked about the availability of getting there a day early. They said that I could and that they would give me the same rate of $90 a night with a AAA discount. On Sunday, we thought that we would stay another day to visit with some relatives. When I made the inquiry about staying, they told me that there was a rate change. I was shocked when the desk clerk told me the rate. The rate increase by $70 to $160 with a AAA discount for the night. I asked why it increased by that amount for staying in the same hotel and the same room. He told that it was for the area. I asked if I could stay for the rate that I had been paying and he said that he could not give that to me. Apparently, Hampton Inns raises the price if there is any kind of business complex nearby. Needless to say, we didn't stay and that Hampton Inn either made $160 or lost $90 for the night. It is unfortunate that Hampton Inn has this policy but I have found during my travels that if you are a vacation traveler to avoid any Hampton Inn during the week that is near any business complex, like the one in Rogers, Arkansas, which is near the WalMart headquarters.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have stayed at various Hampton Inns & Suites before but this one was GREAT! Everything from the food,staff and quality of the room was more than I expected for the price. Had time to enjoy the sauna too! The view was nice too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fordyce, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Hotel was very clean! Everyone was nice! It was a nice quiet place to sleep. I stayed for business and it appeared that most of the guests were also business travelers. There is a small snack room available 24 hours for midnight snacks. Free cookies in the afternoon. Fifty cent drinks at happy hour. Easy parking was available. There is highway construction in this area but this hotel is a nice distance away from the freeways. I think you will enjoy staying at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel surpassed our expectation. The front desk staff was very pleasant and took the time to speak to each guest as if we were old friends. The lobby was warm and inviting and the rooms were clean. The pool was located towards the back away from other guests and they even had a happy hour of beverages in the evening. It was located in more of a business district, but not too far from several restaurants. The location was several blocks off the west loop, so it wasn't hard to get on the road the next morning. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is by far the *nicest* Hampton Inn we have ever stayed in. Hampton Inn usually isn't my first choice for accomodations, but, in this instance it appeared to be the best in the area.

The moment you walk into the lobby, you know this is a first rate establishment. The lobby is appointed with tasteful furnishings. I interacted with three employees and each one was delightful - professional and efficient.

The property is well maintained and every area I came in contact with was immaculate. The rooms are nice / clean and comfortable. The bathroom was immaculate - no mildew or disgusting left overs.

When checking out, look for the brown "breakfast to go" bags at the front desk. The bag included a bottle of water, fruit and a breakfast cereal bar. It's perfect for travelers on the go and a nice extra.

Well worth your time to stay here. I only wish I had more time to stay!

The location is in a nice/safe location off of 540 north / Shackleford Road exit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
deep TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

After a difficult day of travel with some car trouble on top of 100 plus temps this hotel was a pleasant surprise. We had booked it because we wanted to be on the west side of town for ease of heading out the next morning. The location turned out to be only a couple of miles from the shop working on our car. The manager's reception was going on when we checked in and never was a glass of wine do welcome. The beds were very comfortable, the suite was clean and roomy. Just a perfect, relaxing spot for our last night on the road.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites West Little Rock? Share your experiences!