“Copelands~CLOSE TO THE REAL THING” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #194 of 649 Restaurants in Little Rock
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Interstate 430
Description: Welcome to Copeland’s! Our casually festive atmosphere combines New Orleans flavor and comfort with an upscale sensibility. From the Creole favorites that embody the heart and soul of Southern Louisiana, to our flavorful takes on seafood, pasta, salads, steaks and desserts, we offer something for everyone. At Copeland's, our goal is to provide a superlative dining experience like no other, whether you're dining with family or business associates, sharing a romantic evening or celebrating a special occasion. Our chefs take pride in blending mouthwatering sauces and seasonings to bring out the robust signature flavors we're famous for nationwide. And save room for dessert! Our own recipe of delicious homemade signature cheesecake is the ultimate in decadent delight!
Sherwood, AR
“Copelands~CLOSE TO THE REAL THING”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have to admit that I am a little spoiled for REAL Cajun/Seafood. I grew up just a few blocks from the Gulf Coast of Mississippi, and have been eating FRESH seafood all my life. I've tried all the other places that say they are "real" and that their food is "fresh", but Copelands is one of the best. From the minute you walk in the door, it's close to feeling like I've gone home. The atmosphere and decor are very much in fitting with theme of being a restaurant from the south. The service was great. The waiter immediately put us at ease, suggested some appropriate menu items, and then left us alone to enjoy the food and each other, checking back in just often enough not to be intrusive. It was my birthday, so it was not hard to talk me into a birthday drink, or the piece of "birthday cake", but he did it in such a way that it did not feel corny. The total of the ticket was very good for lunch for 4 adults. WE WILL GO BACK!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great Bar & Kitchen Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I dine at Copeland's almost weekly and am always very impressed by the professionalism and service of the bartenders (in the evenings, at least) and the kitchen staff. They are very quick to respond to any request and, in the rare occurrence something came out incorrectly, they will fix it immediately. There is live music some nights and it is always a pleasant atmosphere!

Also, if there are not very many in your party, I would recommend sitting in the bar area... Service does seem to be significantly better than on the "dining" side, although I haven't attempted dining on that side in several months.

• Visited February 2013
Bryant, Arkansas
“Classy, elegant, and I love the ambiance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous food and wonderful service! The place has a terrific ambiance. Great wines pair quiet nicely with any of their delicious dishes! The bar area is fabulous as well! Knowledgeable staff, Who are friendly and courteous! Location is good too. Plenty of parking!

Missouri
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

we stayed at the holiday inn express off talley rd and this we were originally headed to texas roadhouse, luckily they didn't open til 4 on Thursdays because it forced us to try something outside of the norm and we decided on Copelands and it was delicious! I had the Copeland burger which is a bacon chz burger on a cresent roll and it comes with tiger sauce which is fabulous (and I despise horse radish.) my husband had the jambalaya pasta and loved it as well. our server was very punctual and drinks never went dry. we spent 38 for both of us and our 5 yr olds order off the kids menu (which was super reasonable) and we also ordered an appetizer. which I feel is a great price! We were too full to enjoy any desert but they have a ton of cheesecakes that looked absolutely great!

Visited January 2013
Massachusetts
“Best Food and Service in Little Rock!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I went on a Friday night. We were told it would be 45-65 minutes for a table. We waited about 10.
We were shown to our table and immediately were served by one of the best waiters anywhere. We started with a couple of drinks and 2 bowls of gumbo. The waiter made a great suggestion on a drink for my wife when we asked him.
The drinks came and were great, the gumbo came a short time later and was excellent. We placed our dinner order and enjoyed the gumbo, and ordered another drink.
Our food came out at the right time, not too close to the appetizer, not so long we were bored.
I had Amber Jack bronzed with Crawfish Etouffee sauce, baked potato, and red beans & rice. Well presented, cooked perfectly, and the taste was fantastic! Portions were good sized.
My wife had Crawfish Etouffee and it was wonderful! There was so much, she took the remainder home and ate it for dinner the next night. I tasted her's and it was the best!
We finished with Banana's Foster and cheesecake with Banana's Foster sauce. Both were absolutley great and so big we couldn't finish them.
The service was wonderful, we were never rushed, never left wanting something, the staff was very friendly, but not chummy if you know what I mean.
After the check was presented, the manager came by and was interested in our thoughts as he knew it was our first visit to his restaurant.

Though the price was a bit steep, I feel we got great value for the money. We'll certainly return.

• Visited January 2013