“Club floor not what I expected.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #22 of 61 Hotels in Little Rock
Monticello, Arkansas
“Club floor not what I expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here hoping to replace our regular hotel (Embassy Suites). We travel to this area at least once a month. Crowne has an excellent staff. I felt very safe and secure since they have a guard on duty. Breakfast is very good. The rooms are a bit on the small side in comparison to what we are used to but were very clean. The club floor however was not what I thought it would be. I'm not sure the extra $ was worth it. It was VERY loud with children running up and down the hall. I'm not sure if I missed something or what but the only difference I noticed was the first drink at the bar was only $1. Overall a good enough stay but I'm not sure if this will be our replacement or not.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Fordyce, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

WONDERFUL!!!! the bed (OMG) could have slept all night and day!!!. The room was clean and the service was good. We love sitting at the bar talking ,listening to music and drinking (LOl) .We will stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This property disappointed me a bit; I expected more. Certainly clean rooms and friendly staff, but really nothing to make it stand out from other "beltway" lodging experiences. Fitness room is small (but adequate) and breakfast offerings above average (but not much character). Bar/lounge area is good -- lots of space. Another downside -- not really any distinctive restaurants nearby; mainly restaurant chains requiring a bit of a walk with unpleasant busy streets to cross. I typically stay on the riverfront when I am in Little Rock and I think I will opt for that again in the future.

Room Tip: That is tough -- I was on the restricted access fifth floor. I guess that is the place to be, but I...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had late checkin. Michael greeted me on the phone and recalled me in person upon checkin. They upgraded my room to club level. The room service was timely and very good. I only stayed one night and didn't try all amenities but it was a comfortable stay and they were very welcoming.

• Stayed February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Crowne for the first time last week (1st week of Feb) and because I am an IHG Priority Club member they upgraded me for free to the Executive level. Smart move by them as I travel 4 weeks out of every month and because they upgraded me, I am now looking to change my hotel brands moving forward. The room was large and I did not feel confined, the bathroom was fine, tv was large, the food was fantastic. I loved being able to use the hospitality suite on the executive level when I wanted a change.
Thanks for a great stay and thank you for the upgrade. I will be booking you on my next trip to Litle Rock!
All IHG traveling forward

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fort Smith, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Honestly I work In the hotel industries as well, we make sure are guest feel welcomed and happy with our service! At check in a elderly man with a "Manager" badge was rude & did not even bother to look at us once. I asked for a crib that did not arrive 2 hours later. I did not feel that customer service. My family and I went to the pool that was full with little girls(10-14 of age), we are Hispanic/American and they just started mocking us they told my husband and his brother "I'm [--]" my husband and his brother ended up getting out of the pool within 5 minutes because they didn't want them later saying to their parents that we were bothering them. I think you are hosting a volleyball team or sports team you have to be clear with the guardians "kids must respect other guest and no harassment will be tolerated" I know that the employees cant control everything they do but after the experience at check in , it was a disappointment for our family reunion. The public bathrooms were dirty too witch does not bother me if I and my family were treated right & with respect. Although in the morning there was a man who was very nice with a sweet attitude his name was Glenn he offered us water while we were working out in the gym he cleaned up and told us to have a great day! If it wasn't for glen I would rate this stay a 1. Our customers deserve more even if the are also employees on a family vacation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Little Rock, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Maria G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave our property a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. While you mentioned one of our staff to be as positive, we deeply regret the overall dissatisfaction of your stay especially with the service received from our other staff and condition of the bathroom as not being at par with your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your comments. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hot Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights for a conference in January 2013.

This hotel is located in west Little Rock, just a few minutes from downtown. It has conference / meeting facilities, an indoor / outdoor pool, and in-house restaurant, with an open lounge / bar area. There is also a Starbucks (and I believe a business center and fitness room). A PF Changs is right next door, with several other chain and local restaurants nearby. They also offer shuttle and limo service.

I did not eat in the restaurant, but did have a Mexican buffet served for lunch as part of the meeting I attended. The meal was very good and offered a large selection.

The room was pretty basic and included a desk, armoire, large flat screen TV, and a lounge chair and tall lamp for reading. There was no fridge or microwave, but I understand you can request a fridge. The bathroom is not very roomy, but this was not really an issue as I was traveling alone this trip. The bed was very comfortable.

Most importantly, the room was very clean! I can overlook a lot of things, but the room HAS to be clean!

Overall, I got a great room at a good price. The staff seemed to go out of their way to make sure everything was good. I was even approached by the GM just prior to check-out. He introduced himself and inquired about my stay.

If you are in the area, I would definitely suggest staying here.

Room Tip: My room was close to the Ice / Vending area. There was a little extra "noise" from this up...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Laura W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Little Rock, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Mike W

Thank you very much for the kind and positive words! Our General Manager remembers speaking with you and just remember if there is anything that we can assist you with don't hesitate to let us know.