“Delicious Coconut Cream and Lemon Icebox Pies!” 5 of 5 stars

7706 Cantrell Rd., Little Rock, AR 72227
501-612-4754
Website
Improve this listing
Description: An established pie shop offering many hand-crafted pies each day. Also offer lunch and catering.
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Delicious Coconut Cream and Lemon Icebox Pies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We went mid afternoon on a Friday, and the "menu board" at the window listed 6 flavors of pie as being available. Yum! Hard to make a decision, but, once ordered, our selections were boxed and bagged up promptly. Both types of pies were wonderful! The Coconut Cream was in a delicious sweet crumb type crust--never had that before, but now I am a fan! The Lemon Icebox was not in layers, but blended together--again, a first for me but now I am a fan of that, too! Friends who had been to their Sunday 'Buffet' told me that the Double Crust Rhubarb pie was wonderful, too; however, the owner told me that Rhubarb is only available as a special order. You might want to call in advance to see what pies are available. There is also a sandwich and drink menu.

• Visited September 2011

St Louis Missouri
“Ordered pie not ready”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Based on the rave reviews, I ordered a cherry pie a couple of days in advance for a special birhday celebration. I was told that I could pick the pie up at 11am. As we were pulling into the parking lot 10:55am, I get a call from Chris saying the pie could not be ready until 4pm. No explanation! This was a Friday and they were suppose to open at 11 am for lunch and the building looked vacant. Since I had travelled from out of town, this was not an option and had to cancel the pie. Needless to say, finding a cherry pie when you are not from the area is a challenge. So I will never know if the pie was good or not.

• Visited June 2011
“Finally, a wonderful place for homemade pies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

I was one of the many devoted patrons of Sue's Pie Shop in the Heights for many years and when it closed I was devastated. So when a friend told me about Hunka Pie I made a b-line to try them out last month. I sampled a slice each of the coconut and peanut butter pies. Both were great! The crusts are so good. Can't wait to go back and try other choices. The owner was freindly too. If you love pie try this place, you'll be hooked.

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Key Lime pie is delicious!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

I had the Key Lime pie that a friend brought to my birthday party and it was wonderful! It tasted "home made" and that is a GOOD thing. My Mom use to make the best ones ever and this Key Lime pie was right up there with her's!
I am looking forward to trying some of the other pie flavors as I know they must be just as good!