“Great stopover” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
San Antonio
“Great stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We travel by car from Texas to Indiana to visit relatives twice a year. Little Rock is approximately half way so we quite often stay in the area. We have tried several properties and I think we have found a keeper in this property. The male who checked us in was courteous, the room was clean and smoke free and the internet worked great. We liked the refrigerator in the room to cool our drinks before returning most of them to the ice chest when we left. The breakfast was the usual in hotels like this but it was a bit better presented and had a few extras we have not seen before. Sometimes when staying at a property like this we eat the breakfast offered and other times we opt for Denny's or some place like that. This property is located on the west side of LR just off the freeway. It was a little hard to find however since it is behind some other buildings. We recommend this property to anyone passing through the area and will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
EconolodgeLit, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
We truly bank on giving our guests the best service they deserve and we ensure that we go above and beyond what is needed, for you to notice and appreciate all our hard work is indeed heart-warming and very inspiring. Thank you for making the effort to share to us your valuable feedback and appreciating our staff services, the breakfast offered and the cleanliness of the room in total. We couldn’t be more pleased to know that we are constantly doing a great job in making our guests happy. We certainly hope that we could be of service to you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We booked via the hotel directly and utilized a AAA discount. Awesome rates, clean service, positive staff, and good breakfast. We were not disappointed. No problems with noise, neighbors, etc. The staff even included some complimentary snacks in our room upon arrival. Perfect for a business trip in Little Rock. Would visit again - thanks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hearing heart-warming feedbacks from our valued guest is indeed very inspiring. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you and show you that we aim nothing but to offer quality service. The appreciation you gave with regards to the comfort, cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff services while staying with us brings us great delight. We certainly hope that we may be of service to you again very soon.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Every summer I travel with my children from Waukegan, IL to Texas to visit my family and on the way down I stop in Little Rock half way. Last year I stayed at this hotel and had a very positive experience so I decided to stay there again this year but unfortunately my experience this year was awful. The hotel itself hadn't changed much aside from it now being an Econolodge instead of an America's Best Inn & Suites, however the service I received at the front desk upon check in was awful and when I walked into the hotel it reeked of marijuana smoke. As soon as I walked in and smelled the smoke, I should have requested a refund to my credit card and gone and found another hotel, however I didn't and that ended up being a huge mistake. The front desk lady was one of the rudest people I have ever encountered at a hotel before. She obviously didn't want to be there and was extremely rude to me. I was very nervous that my room was going to smell bad because of the smoky smell I encountered at the front desk and front lobby as well as the halls of the hotel, however once in my room, it seemed to be clean and I didn't notice a smoky smell. I was still worried that because the hallway I was in (which was supposed to be the non smoking wing of the hotel) reeked of cigarette and marijuana smoke, that my room would also eventually smell so I went down and tried to talk to the front desk lady but she was very obviously on a personal call and didn't even put down the phone to assist me, I told her about the smoke and her only response was to tell me that she would tell them (whatever that meant) and she went immediately back to her personal phone call. Obviously nothing was ever done because I was woken in the middle of the night by a very strong odor of smoke in my room which was supposed to be a non smoking room and my air conditioner was not working properly so my room was hot and the air conditioner was very noisy cycling on and off all night. To be woken up by the smell of marijuana smoke in the middle of the night, the smell has to be very strong and I had a very difficult time getting back to sleep. In the morning upon check out, I told the young man about my complaints and all he said was sorry. I feel that I should have received some sort of compensation for all of my troubles. When I request a non-smoking room, I expect to receive a non-smoking room. I am highly allergic to any kind of smoke and was very unhappy with my experience. I will unfortunately not be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
EconolodgeLit, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to tell us about your stay, we value your opinion and can use it to better serve our guest. I truly apologize for the bad experience you had with us this time around. The service you received during your last stay is completely unacceptable and I assure you the appropriate actions will be taken again the employee in question. We do have smoking rooms in our hotel, and occasionally the smell does make its way into the non smoking side of the building, we try are best to keep it smoke free. We strive to provide the best lodging experience and I know we didn't, but I would like to make things right, when you get a chance if you could please call me and we can discuss this matter in detail. Once again I apologize for the bad experience and I hope you will give us another chance.

Hamburg, ar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Im from hamburg, ar and my visit was amazing the room s were well kepted and nice. Everyone was patient and kind especially the desk clerk Cathy Slay. She made the visit fell more like home. I felt a great spirit from her presents. I will visit again...

Room Tip: My room was great...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
EconolodgeLit, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank You taking the time to tell us how we did. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with. My staff and I work hard to ensure we meet and exceed our guest needs, and I'm glad to hear that we're on the right track. Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Gatton, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This motel is fine, if you get someone who actually wants to be there. It's clean & comfortable, just off the interstate, ideal location if you're doing a road trip. HOWEVER the service I received when checking in was sub par. It's not hard to be polite. I said 'thank you' when my credit card got handed back to me and got a 'mmhmm' in return. It's not hard to say 'you're welcome'!!!!!!!!! That's what brings this review down to only an 'average'. The guy on check out was a lot nicer though, points for that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
m66np, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad to hear you found our hotel to be comfortable, clean and convenient for your trip. I completely agree that the service you received at our hotel does not represent the level of service we strive to provide, and for that I apologize. I will certainly share this with my front desk staff to make sure it doesn't happen again. I hope to see you again in the future.

If you have any questions or comments please contact my directly, and I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

Longview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

If you stay anywhere else in Little Rock, you are missing out!

On my 1st visit, I announced my name and she said with a big smile, "We've been waiting for you!" That was a really nice surprise, but it got better... When the Dr Pepper machine said "sold out," the attendant came over, opened the machine, reached way down to the bottom and grabbed a can of DP for me. Wow. Extra-mile service!

The room is nice and large, clean, great WiFi internet, flat screen TV, great water pressure in the shower, microwave, fridge, continental breakfast ... everything I want. And it's very inexpensive.

My 2nd trip: Get this, at check-in the attendant said, "Welcome back. Oh and there are two 'sodas' in your refrigerator." I thought Coke (ugh) or Pepsi (double-ugh). I walk into the room, opened the refrigerator and there were two cold Dr Peppers in there! Are you kidding me? They remembered! Who does that?

I travel a lot, but have never written a hotel review because, "Big deal, it's a room, get over it." But I have to write this now. (Frankly, I hesitate writing a review because I don't want all the rooms booked-up the next time I go to LR.)

It's a block off I-30, just east of 430. A little hard to find. Their address says 9101, but my GPS wouldn't work until I plugged in 8921 Mabelvale Pike (not sure why).

If you want a nice view, jacuzzi, etc, then pay twice-the-money somewhere else. But if you need a great room at a great price, you won't regret your stay here. I can't promise you'll get Dr Peppers (I am special, you know) ... but you WILL be glad you did!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

m66np, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on how we did, and I am pleased to hear we exceeded your expectation. Our staff takes great pride in providing each guest a unique experience. We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you next time your in Little Rock.
Everywhere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Shame on me for not reviewing the first time I stayed here inroute to Texas.
Check-in: Prepaid online so quick check-in. Received the king suite I requested. Interior corridors which I prefer when traveling alone as well as security(you can see the screens behind the desk of the various areas of hotel)

Room: Clean!!! This place is REALLY well kept for any star quality hotel. Room comes with fridge/microwave and the living room area has a couch and coffee table. Very spacious. Bathroom clean with shampoo and lotion provided. I didn't feel uncomfortable walking around barefoot upon leaving the shower. Towels were nice and fluffy. Not the hard rough towels you expect. Bed had lots of pillows. Nice comfortable >250 thread count sheets. I slept like a baby

Breakfast: Decent job here. Biscuits/gravy, sausage biscuits, eggs, apples/bananas, bagels, toast, danish, waffles, etc. About on par with at best western breakfast.

Parking: Well lit parking lot. Check-out was quick and efficient. I will utilize this hotel next time I come through the area.
Tips: No elevator. Price is about 60/night

Room Tip: Request first floor if you have a lot of stuff. There is no fitness room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We couldn’t thank you enough for choosing to stay with us. It brings us great honor to have served you really well. Thank you for sharing to us your delightfully positive and very detailed feedback regarding the room cleanliness, the breakfast selection offered as well as the hotel staff services who are very much committed to go above and beyond what is needed to deliver quality service at all times. This serves as our inspiration to do so much more to give our valued guests the best service there is to offer. We couldn’t wait to see you again.

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!