“wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Little Rock West

You added TownePlace Suites Little Rock West to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Little Rock West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Crossings Court, I-430 & Shackleford Rd - Exit 5, Little Rock, AR 72205   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #22 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
Little Rock, Arkansas
“wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

This hotel was wonderful the staff were very friendly and helpful. James, Chance, Marissa, and Rashanee were excellent and I would love to stay with them any time. The food was excellent and everbody was so professional .I recommend all of my friends to spend time at this hotel it is super.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Our extended family- 3 adults and 2 children stayed here on our way from Texas to Cape Cod. We loved this place so much that we stayed there on the way back!

We got a two bedroom suite which was well-appointed and spotless.
That night they offered hot dogs and barbeque, beer and soft drinks-complimentary!

On our return, we got a king room. It was quiet and comfortable.

Our daughter returned with her husband and children separately, and stayed there again as well.

Close proxminity to Whole Foods, shopping, and the movies!
Staff was so helpful.
Breakfast was really good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Euless, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

I was servicing a customer in Hot Springs, AR and this was the closest Marriott property. Otherwise I would have chosen the Courtyard downtown Little Rock. It was a one night stay and the rooms are clean. I have stayed here before with my wife and 4 kids and this is why I returned. It's a brand new hotel. However, if the management does not begin to manage it throughly and make sure policies are abided by, such as NO Smoking, this hotel will become a pit in another year. These hotels are built quick and cheap and filled with IKEA furniture. You can already see the carpet tearing in high traffic areas and mickey mouse gerry rigs to fix things. It's conveniently located off of 430 so they get many families driving through. If you don't like kids and animals, stay clear.

Be sure to park your car in the front of the hotel and not on the side. Do not leave anything in your car, they had a car broken into while I was there back in 11/2009.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
TPLRGM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you commenting on our hotel!
We have non-smoking policy in our hotel. Guests are charged up to $200.00 for breaking this policy. Even though this policy is steep, we still have people who try to get away with it and they are charged.

Not sure what the “Mickey Mouse” comment was for, I can only imagine it was for some sort of quick fix that may have needed to be done while an item is on order. It doesn’t benefit the hotel to quick fix anything, because it will only cost more in the end, but sometimes is necessary if there is a gap in getting the supplies we need.

The guest profile that makes up our hotel is very different when comparing weekday business with weekend business. Monday- Friday, we are a very corporate hotel, on weekend we do tend to be popular with the families. Of course being an extended stay hotel also means we have individuals and family that live with us.

We do except pets with a fee, as do every Towneplace suites and Residence Inn per Marriott standard and for the most part they are well traveled companions and very well behaved.

We hope to see you on your future stops in Little Rock, so you can see our property looks as good as the day we opened.

Thank you!
Rogers, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised by our recent stay at this hotel. We were going to a funeral about 1 hour away and asked for an early check in so that we could change. The hotel staff accomodated us with no problems. The hotel is new and clean. It is located in a newer side of town with many restaraunts close by and a new Wal-Mart Supercenter is being built within walking distance. The rooms are spacious and we were surprised by the kitchenette (this may be standard at this type of hotel, but was our first experience) which worked out nicely as were were traveling with a 5 month old.
The single most important thing to our kids was the pool. We were a little disappointed at the size of the pool, which is basically a square (holds a max of 25 ppl). We lucked out by getting the pool to ourselves for a few hours, so we couldn't really complain. It is an outdoor pool.
The continental breakfast was above the standard. They had biscuits and sausage, as well as, waffles. We enjoyed it. There were also 2 readily available business centers with computers and copy machines.
We enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would certainly stay again. One note is that there is another hotel right across the street that is new also and offers an indoor pool with a small splash park. We may give that a try if we stay during the fall/winter time frame.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

I am staying here with family as I type this, we are in a 2 Queen studio suite with kitchen, dining room table, etc. Paid 89.00 for Friday night 6/11/2010, used Marriott rewards points for Saturday 6/12/2010 stay. Very good value for the price, but price goes up to $129.00 a night during the week. One can reserve studio, one bedroom, or two bedroom suites. I believe this is a great concept, as this is the first TownPlace Suites I've stayed in. Plenty of silverware, glasses, plates, bowls, cooking utensils in the pantry. Our suite has a dishwasher, garbage disposal, full sized fridge, GIANT microwave and mini stove top along with full sized coffee pot with four mugs, and dishwashing supplies. Also a 32" HDTV, with the most true HD channels I've ever seen in a hotel. VERY BIG PLUS for me. All major networks are in HD, along with most cable networks in true HD (A&E, Lifetime, USA, Spike, etc) This was a pleasant surprise...as I was expecting "stretch-o-vision"... the use of HD televisions but connecting it to an analog source. The hotel offers Comcast digital cable complete with all the HD extras and HBO HD :-) I give props to Marriott for offering top notch amenities.

As noted on other reviews, the hotel can be difficult to find if coming in at night or unfamiliar with the area. The hotel is so new that it and the Comfort Suites across the street haven't been added to the I-430 exit signs. The road, Crossings Court, isn't on GPS systems yet. This whole area of Shackleford Road looks to be a new development, with a new Cracker Barrel and Texas Roadhouse restaurant, as well as a Copeland's New Orleans restaurant within walking distance of the hotel. A small shopping center is nearby, as well, offering a JCPenney, among other stores. A Wal-mart supercenter is currently under construction next door to the hotel, so this will offer added convenience once it opens.

The elevators are the slowest I've ever encountered. There's really no way to explain it. They are also stuffy, too, like no air gets circulated within them.

The housekeeping staff is a tad below average, I hate to say. Most are Spanish speaking, and speak poor, if any English. We asked a maid to clean the room, she asked if bed needed to be made, we said yes, she nodded and left the room! As we were leaving the room, we ran into another maid, and asked her to make the beds, she said "ok". When we got back, the beds hadn't been touched. I called the front desk and asked if any housekeeping were available, they were gone for the day, the manager apologized profusely for what happened, and showed up at the door five minutes later with clean linens and was prepared to make the beds, which says a lot about their commitment to service. The manager admitted that most of the housekeeping staff did not understand English.

In all, this is one of the better stays I've experienced in a hotel, and I stay in hotels often. The rooms are spotless, beds are the top notch Marriott standards, and service from management and front desk staff is some of the best I've experienced. I would rate it as one of the best places to stay in the Little Rock area, and the price will not drain your wallet.

Pets are allowed for a $100.00 fee.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

We stayed here even after I read the really bad review given about cars broken into. I called the hotel to learn more about this problem, and they said that many of the hotels in the area were having the problems with car break-ins, and they were working with the local police to help eradicate the problem.
This hotel isn't easy to find. The street isn't listed on any map programs yet because the street is brand new. At the time we visited, another brand new hotel was in the middle of construction right across the street from TownPlace Suites. We had to go to another local Marriott hotel to get directions to this one. TownPlace Suites is tucked away in a quiet area (for the moment, until the area is exploited by more construction), and it doesn't seem to be a bad part of town at all. I think its current isolation is what is attractive to car thieves. There's not a lot of activity in the area.
But our family really enjoyed staying in this hotel. Everything is brand-new. We liked having a kitchen available in the room with fridge, microwave, dishwasher. It's especially useful to have kitchen appliances for families with small children.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

I am traveling frequently to West Little Rock on business, and this has become my home away from home. I've stayed several times now and it's been consistently great.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Little Rock West? Share your experiences!