“great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Little Rock West

You added TownePlace Suites Little Rock West to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Little Rock West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Crossings Court, I-430 & Shackleford Rd - Exit 5, Little Rock, AR 72205   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #26 of 61 Hotels in Little Rock
Salt Lake City, Utah
“great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my first time in little rock arkansas and my first time staying at a marriott towneplace suite. I'm a marriott rewards member and love staying at different marriott properties. This place was so outsanding with its customer service and friendly staff, i highly recommend anyone who comes to little rock to stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you had such a nice stay with us. The next time you come back to Little Rock, be sure to stay with us again!

Bolivar, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We always stay at Marriott hotels whenever possible and have NEVER had any issues. Needless to say, we were surprised at how dirty this hotel was, considering it is relatively new. Our first clue was the overflowing trash can at the front entrance, along with a full trash bag sitting next to the can with trash on the ground all around it. Surprisingly, the trash was all still there the next morning when we checked out. The girl at the front desk had horrible customer service skills. The floors in the common areas were FILTHY and looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in days. Unfortunately our guest room was dirty too. The bed sheets and pillows had hair on them...not sure the linens were clean. The bathroom floors were visible filthy. The tile floor had dirt caked on it in front of the sink and all around the door. Needless to say, we were very disappointed. We didn't see the point in asking for another room, since all of the common areas looked as bad as our room. We figured another room wouldn't be any cleaner. I will still stay at Marriott, considering this was our first bad experience but I wouldn't stay at this hotel again. Hopefully, they'll get their act together, since it really was a nice building in a great area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Joe_G44148
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
The management team and I are very disappointed to hear about your stay. Our hotel's cleanliness is a feature that is typically raved about by our guests and we were appalled to read about your experience. Since reading this review, we have met with all of our staff to ensure that something like this will not happen again. Please try our hotel again- I am sure it will be a completely different experience!

501/225-6700
Harrison, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I appreciate that this hotel accepts dogs. Even though the pet fee is rather steep, it was worth it to travel with our pet. However, the hotel needs to make people feel like they are getting some value for the $100 non-refundable fee. Perhaps the front office should hand out dog waste bags to customers with pets, with instructions on usage. Failing that, they should have staff out picking up dog waste so the areas are not so horribly littered. Composting piles of dog poo are nasty and this hotel should be better than that.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback- the General Manager and I really like your suggestion of having something to give to guests traveling with pets, like yourself. I will be ordering and putting together dog and cat "welcome bags" that will be handed out at the front desk upon check-in. We apologize for the waste not being picked up- our staff member who handles that is being notified of that problem and this will not be an issue in the future.

Again, thank you for your suggestion- we really appreciate it!

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I were in town from February 13-16 due to my sister's surgery at UAMS, and spent 3 nights at Towne Place.

We couldn't have been more pleased with our choice of hotel. Everything about the room, hotel, and staff was excellent. Our room (and the whole hotel) was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, and breakfast had a large and good variety of options. I was hopeful and so pleased to see that plenty of fresh coffee and muffins were already available one morning when I left for the hospital at 5:00 a.m.

Plentiful parking is right at the door, and you can access the large shopping center next door - which includes Walmart - without even driving back onto the main road (Shackleford). What a great location. There are tons of restaurants and shops very close by, freeway access is fast and easy, and even with construction on the nearby highways, I was in the parking garage at UAMS in 10 minutes from leaving Towne Place's parking lot.

The full kitchen is an extra nice touch. I was not able to use it because of my hours spent at the hospital with my sister, but it adds an extra sense of "home" and comfort to a hotel room, especially considering the reason for my visit to Little Rock.

The only negative? I cannot find my note with all of the staff members' names to compliment each one of them personally here! Beginning with Nicholas the manager, every staff member with whom we came in contact was great.

I can't say enough good things about this property, except to say that as soon as I have completed typing this review, I am going to make reservations for 2 rooms for this coming week. I was able to talk more family members into coming to this hotel this time. It won't be a pleasure trip (medical reasons again), but Towne Place will make it quite comfortable just the same. And in my next review, I will be able to name all of the great people at Towne Place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I am so pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience, despite being here for a sad reason. We truly look forward to seeing you and your family soon- thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review for us!
baton rouge, louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here strictly because we always stay at Marriott properties and needed a place that would accept our dog. Overall, we were pleased although housekeeping could be a little better. I was a little surprised to find only one roll of toilet paper in a room designed to sleep 4. Positives: Free breakfast and manager's reception. Close to shopping and interstate. Negatives: Because of the hotel design, you have to drag the luggage cart out to the parking lot. Spaces also are very close together. Now for my biggest pet peeve, no pun intended. Marriott charges a nonrefundable pet fee that is more than we paid for the hotel room. Our dog is housebroken and stays in a crate when we are not in the room. Pet fee should be refundable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on this stay with us. I am happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfasts and managers receptions- we really enjoy being able to mingle with guests in the evenings!

Our GM and I are disappointed to hear that your room was not up to our cleanliness standard- we take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and we will be making sure our housekeeping staff is cleaning every room to par.

Unfortunately, when our hotel was built, the "standard" did not allow for a good area to pull cars in front of the entrance. We will definitely take the width of the individual parking spaces into consideration- thank you for mentioning it.

As you said, Marriott does require a one-time per stay pet fee. This is so we can specially clean the carpet, furniture, curtains, et cetera upon check-out as we have many guests stay with us that have allergies or are undergoing treatments at local hospitals and cannot be exposed to allergens that may be brought in with a pet.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to the area!
Fort Knox, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here in an overnight on our way to Texas. We arrived at around 5 pm and a hot snack was being provided in the lobby. There was plenty of space to relax and catch up on my messages. There were several restaurants and shopping close. We ate at Texas Roadhouse. Our room was nice, clean, and the beds were comfortable. In the morning, there was a hot breakfast and real dishes ( a nice touch). The staff was polite and responsive to any requests. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your kind review! I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our close location to Texas Roadhouse and enjoyed the larger suite. We hope to see you on your next visit!
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Due to the price I was paying for Marriott property, I expected to be able to turn around in my room. It is claustrophobic! The staff in very unhelpful when an issue arises. The breakfast consisted of dry cereal, fake eggs, dried out sausage and watered down orange juice. I had read the reviews before staying there, and I assume they paid people to write good reviews because I experienced nothing great with this property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Maurice V
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Maurice,

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay with us. This is the first time I have heard a complaint about the size of our rooms- we have many guests staying with us for several months at a time and they feel the size of all of our rooms are more than adequate.

The breakfast we serve is from a Marriott recommended vendor. We are only required to have "dry cereal" for our breakfasts, but we offer a spread that most of our guests are satisfied with, including hash browns, eggs, sausage links or patties, cereals, waffles, yogurt, fruit, toast and bagels, etc . The eggs are not fake- they are mixed with a butter sauce to help keep them moist, and some people do not like that flavor. I do apologize for the juice- our machine broke in the middle of breakfast this past week and it was not mixing the juice concentrate and water in the correct proportions. We have had a repairman out to fix it and it is back in working order. I also apologize if the sausage had been overcooked; we have a new member of staff working breakfasts in the morning, and, as you might imagine, there is a bit of a learning curve.

I would be curious to know what issues you experienced during your stay- you alluded to having said something about an issue to a staff member and it was not resolved. Please call the hotel at 501-225-6700 and ask to speak with me, or email me directly at sferguson@towneplacelittlerock.com. We take great pride in our staff being friendly, accommodating and, above all, helpful in the event that an issue arises.