“Wonderful place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Little Rock West

Save Saved
You added TownePlace Suites Little Rock West to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Little Rock West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Crossings Court, I-430 & Shackleford Rd - Exit 5, Little Rock, AR 72205   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #20 of 56 hotels in Little Rock
Dallas
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I were in town from February 13-16 due to my sister's surgery at UAMS, and spent 3 nights at Towne Place.

We couldn't have been more pleased with our choice of hotel. Everything about the room, hotel, and staff was excellent. Our room (and the whole hotel) was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, and breakfast had a large and good variety of options. I was hopeful and so pleased to see that plenty of fresh coffee and muffins were already available one morning when I left for the hospital at 5:00 a.m.

Plentiful parking is right at the door, and you can access the large shopping center next door - which includes Walmart - without even driving back onto the main road (Shackleford). What a great location. There are tons of restaurants and shops very close by, freeway access is fast and easy, and even with construction on the nearby highways, I was in the parking garage at UAMS in 10 minutes from leaving Towne Place's parking lot.

The full kitchen is an extra nice touch. I was not able to use it because of my hours spent at the hospital with my sister, but it adds an extra sense of "home" and comfort to a hotel room, especially considering the reason for my visit to Little Rock.

The only negative? I cannot find my note with all of the staff members' names to compliment each one of them personally here! Beginning with Nicholas the manager, every staff member with whom we came in contact was great.

I can't say enough good things about this property, except to say that as soon as I have completed typing this review, I am going to make reservations for 2 rooms for this coming week. I was able to talk more family members into coming to this hotel this time. It won't be a pleasure trip (medical reasons again), but Towne Place will make it quite comfortable just the same. And in my next review, I will be able to name all of the great people at Towne Place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I am so pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience, despite being here for a sad reason. We truly look forward to seeing you and your family soon- thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review for us!

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
baton rouge, louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here strictly because we always stay at Marriott properties and needed a place that would accept our dog. Overall, we were pleased although housekeeping could be a little better. I was a little surprised to find only one roll of toilet paper in a room designed to sleep 4. Positives: Free breakfast and manager's reception. Close to shopping and interstate. Negatives: Because of the hotel design, you have to drag the luggage cart out to the parking lot. Spaces also are very close together. Now for my biggest pet peeve, no pun intended. Marriott charges a nonrefundable pet fee that is more than we paid for the hotel room. Our dog is housebroken and stays in a crate when we are not in the room. Pet fee should be refundable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on this stay with us. I am happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfasts and managers receptions- we really enjoy being able to mingle with guests in the evenings!

Our GM and I are disappointed to hear that your room was not up to our cleanliness standard- we take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and we will be making sure our housekeeping staff is cleaning every room to par.

Unfortunately, when our hotel was built, the "standard" did not allow for a good area to pull cars in front of the entrance. We will definitely take the width of the individual parking spaces into consideration- thank you for mentioning it.

As you said, Marriott does require a one-time per stay pet fee. This is so we can specially clean the carpet, furniture, curtains, et cetera upon check-out as we have many guests stay with us that have allergies or are undergoing treatments at local hospitals and cannot be exposed to allergens that may be brought in with a pet.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to the area!
Fort Knox, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here in an overnight on our way to Texas. We arrived at around 5 pm and a hot snack was being provided in the lobby. There was plenty of space to relax and catch up on my messages. There were several restaurants and shopping close. We ate at Texas Roadhouse. Our room was nice, clean, and the beds were comfortable. In the morning, there was a hot breakfast and real dishes ( a nice touch). The staff was polite and responsive to any requests. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind review! I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our close location to Texas Roadhouse and enjoyed the larger suite. We hope to see you on your next visit!
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Due to the price I was paying for Marriott property, I expected to be able to turn around in my room. It is claustrophobic! The staff in very unhelpful when an issue arises. The breakfast consisted of dry cereal, fake eggs, dried out sausage and watered down orange juice. I had read the reviews before staying there, and I assume they paid people to write good reviews because I experienced nothing great with this property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Maurice,

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay with us. This is the first time I have heard a complaint about the size of our rooms- we have many guests staying with us for several months at a time and they feel the size of all of our rooms are more than adequate.

The breakfast we serve is from a Marriott recommended vendor. We are only required to have "dry cereal" for our breakfasts, but we offer a spread that most of our guests are satisfied with, including hash browns, eggs, sausage links or patties, cereals, waffles, yogurt, fruit, toast and bagels, etc . The eggs are not fake- they are mixed with a butter sauce to help keep them moist, and some people do not like that flavor. I do apologize for the juice- our machine broke in the middle of breakfast this past week and it was not mixing the juice concentrate and water in the correct proportions. We have had a repairman out to fix it and it is back in working order. I also apologize if the sausage had been overcooked; we have a new member of staff working breakfasts in the morning, and, as you might imagine, there is a bit of a learning curve.

I would be curious to know what issues you experienced during your stay- you alluded to having said something about an issue to a staff member and it was not resolved. Please call the hotel at 501-225-6700 and ask to speak with me, or email me directly at sferguson@towneplacelittlerock.com. We take great pride in our staff being friendly, accommodating and, above all, helpful in the event that an issue arises.

Stephanie Ferguson
Director of Sales
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stephanie is so accommodating and a pleasure to work with. Everything was taken care of expediously. Would definitely put our out-of-town employees at Town Place Suites in Little Rock. The staff is a great bunch.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nicholas C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review- we feel very lucky to have Stephanie as our Director of Sales and are happy to hear that her efforts are not going unnoticed. We feel that our staff is one of the key factors in setting us apart from other hotels and I will make sure the team has read your review. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance with your out-of-town employees- we would like to help in any way possible.

Nicholas
Ephraim, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have been staying here for a week now, traveling back and forth to the local hospital to visit my family member. The staff has been incredible. They go out of their way to be helpful. The room is immaculate. The breakfast is good and the manager's reception at night are exceptional. I've gotten great night sleeps - which is very important. Each room has a little efficiency unit- stove, microwave, full sized refrigerator, cooking and eating utensils and a dishwasher. The hotel is conveniently located next to a shopping area that includes a Walmart, 5 restaurants and other retail. If you are traveling to Little Rock, either on vacation or business- this is the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for the kind review! I will make sure the staff reads this, as they take great pride in helping our guests have positive stays. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
York, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My sister and I stayed at this hotel as our family member is critically ill in an area hospital. Upon entrance, the hotel is clean and well maintained and our room was spotless. The staff is welcoming and efficient. I found them all to be very helpful. Breakfast is complimentary and has enough variety to suit most appetites. There is an egg dish, hot and cold cereals, assorted breads, waffle station, and more. What was especially nice is the manager's reception Mon-Thursday which is a simple dinner and beverages. One night was pulled pork from Texas Roadhouse with sides, beverage, and cookies. Another night was a pasta dish with meat and shrimp from Coplands restaurant which was amazing.
Besides the friendly staff, great room, daily breakfast, manager's receptions there are other amenities such as an outdoor pool, business center with computer and printer/copier, and guest laundry.
Being we were there during a very difficult time of family illness it was wonderful to have such a wonderful place to stay. I highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
We are so pleased that you and your sister had such a nice stay with us, despite the circumstances of your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share with us and have a wonderful 2013!

Been to TownePlace Suites Little Rock West? Share your experiences!