“The good and the bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
San Antonio, TX
“The good and the bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Having stayed at this Embassy Suites in the fall of 2012, we decided to stay here for another 2 days on our way to Eureka Springs. Much to our surprise there were some problems not in keeping with expectations for Embassy Suites. Our Suite was 733. We had booked a corner suite and paid slightly more for it.

CONs
1.We were not recognized as Gold Card Honors Members at check-in... not really a big deal, but I certainly expected to receive the normal complimentary 2 bottles of water in our room... There were none.
2. No newspaper was delivered to our door... usually done for Hilton Honors members, but apparently this has been discontinued.
3.At check-in, we were not given the code for the underground parking garage... it was only when we tried using our room key, did we discover this. This made for a very awkward turning around and finding parking elsewhere. (Other cars were waiting to get in) The code was given to us when I called the front desk and specifically asked for it.
4.The bathroom room was filthy, especially in the corners of the floor tile where there was accumulated black grime and dust (mostly behind the door) I was able to wipe some of it up but it really needs to be hand scrubbed.
5. The carpet was not clean... lots of dust was visible in the corners. I was uncomfortable walking on the carpet even in my socks.
6. There is a small hole in the white curtain (right side) and this same curtain has very uneven hemming with some of the curtain dragging on the floor... it doesn't match the curtain on the left side.
7. Only one tiny soap bar (paper wrapper) was left in the bathroom... I tracked down a housekeeper who gave me 1 more soap in a little cardboard box.
9. Two flimsy plastic glasses were left for drinking along with the standard paper cups for coffee.
On returning to our suite on the 2nd day, we discovered that the housekeeper had not even left any fresh cups... flimsy as they were!
8. A floor lamp at the end of the sofa did not work. I determined that the light socket was not connected to the lamp... as it was hanging down on the side! I fixed it and it worked fine.
9. Unsightly cords stretch along the wall under the window and over the floor for about 4 feet to connect to the table lamp at the other end of the sofa. They can be dangerous if anyone walked in that area.
10. Hanging behind the TV is a picture... not above the TV but BEHIND the TV so that it isn't even visible. This presents a very haphazard look to the suite.
11. There is a charge for the drinks at the manager's reception... something we've never experienced at Embassy Suites manager's reception previously.

This corner suite has problems... housekeeping seems to be erratic and minimal; safety issues are present.

PROs:
1. Staff are very friendly... even if they aren't efficient.
2. The beds are comfortable, the linen is of good quality and there are plenty of pillows.
2. The business center has functioning and fast computers and a printer that works
3. Parking is complimentary
4. The location is good despite the fact there is major construction in the area
(We suggest exiting 430 north at Exit 5 - Shackelford... Turn left to Kanis (Shell Station) & wind through the narrow 2 land road (Kanis), turn right on Embassy Street which brings you into the side of the hotel which is easily visible. This avoids the construction hassle.
5. There is a shopping center on Shackleford on the opposite side of 430 which has a Cracker Barrel and also a Longhorn Steak House as well as any number of other businesses. There is also a Denney's Restaurant in the vicinity although getting to it is a bit more of a hassle especially in the evening when one is not sure how to negotiate all the construction.

We'll probably stay here again, but certainly hope that hotel management is able to address their problems.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a corner suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
StephanieG542, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that we did not provide a positive experience when you visited. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our hospitality so that others do not share your experience.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Stephanie Grade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Hooksett, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Good place, clean and well appointed. If they repair the fitness equipment and get the breakfast chef to smile it would be outstanding. Housekeeping was awesome, they respected the DND sign but still hung a bag with fresh towels and shampoo/conditioner on the door (great touch!) include coffee next time and that too would be awesome! I would stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend involving a wedding. This location was chosen by the Bride's family. We have not stayed at an Embassy Suites in a long time, and we were pleasantly surprised. Rates were very good. They provided connecting rooms for other members of our family. The room was clean and nice with a bedroom and living room configuration. The breakfast was extremely good. Most hotels offering free breakfast don't have nearly as many food options. Nice lobby area. One complaint I would have though, is only 3 elevators for a multi story hotel is not enough. We often had to wait quite awhile for an elevator. This was partly due to the hotel being full for the weekend due to a beauty contest for children. I would not have stayed here if I had known this was going on because of all the rowdy kids and noise. I really did not like all the litter such as broken cookies and candy wrappers in the hallways and elevators. Perhaps the hotel could have added staff for the weekend to keep the hotel cleaner. And people showing up for breakfast in the pajamas and fluffy slippers was a bit much as well. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Since this hotel has a conference center, I would check to see what is going on before booking a room if I was staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was delighted to read the you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleasantly surprised. Our main priority is for all of our guests to have a welcoming stay and I am happy that we were able to deliver this for you during your stay. I am, however, sorry that your were disappointed in some aspects. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered due to our elevators. I appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention so I am able to personally follow up with our maintenance team. We strive on providing our guests with an exceptional stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue is resolved. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Memphis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Try the Embassy Suites...you will love it. Great accommodations, food, and service. We have stayed at the hotel twice in the last year and each time was a joy. Staying at an Embassy is always special!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pat, thank you for your review on your most recent experience at Embassy Suites Little Rock. I am glad to hear that you have had a great time each time you have visited us in the last year. I, also, wanted to congratulate and thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Little Rock as being your first review on trip advisor! While it may seem small to some, we consider that a fabulous honor. Welcome to the trip advisor review community! Keep talking to us, because we are listening.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Little Rock, until then safe travels!

Springdale, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel for our anniversary weekend with the kids for the last two years. The staff has been very friendly and helpful. The property is excellent and in an excellent location. The breakfast buffet was busy and we had to wait several minutes for the buffet to be restocked. A huge watchout is having to pay internet charge for each device connected. Could not believe this was their policy. When I complained, the staff did take off one of the charges. Just be careful. Our oldest son slept on the sleeper sofa which was not comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Donaldson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our weekend at the Embassy Suites was wonderful. A few days prior to our arrival, I called the hotel and spoke with Supervisor Gerald Davies who assisted me with arranging for a room that would allow me easy access to our event. We arrived a few days later and all was exactly as promised. Our suite was large, comfortable and beautifully set up. Staff assisted me with parking deck information which also provided easy access.

Breakfast both mornings was complimentary and included numerous cereals, bacon, sausage, eggs, potoes and multiple breads, fruits and juices. Made to order omelets and pancakes were available, and were also excellent. We dined at the hotel restaurant that evening and had some very tasty burgers, soup and sandwiches. Our favorite was the oh so good cheese dip that we ordered with chips. Alex, our server was a complete delight. He regularly checked to be sure our food was good (it was hot, fresh and delicious), made sure that our drinks stayed filled and made the evening even more fun.

This hotel was also very family friendly. We had a ten year old girl with us and all staff spoke to her and made her feel welcome. We were by the front desk several times and staff always spoke to her directly. She loved it. Check out was smooth and easy. We had a wonderful time and want to be sure the staff at the hotel know that we appreciate their concern for our comfort. When a ten year old says, "Wow, everyone at this hotel has been so nice!" you know that everything has been terrific. Thank you so much. We had a great time!

Room Tip: My room was close to an elevators which provided easy access to all events, the restaurants and the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
StephanieG542, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Little Rock. I am pleased to hear that is was an excellent one! Our goal is to always exceed your expectations and I am glad that we did. I will recognize both Gerald and Alex this Thursday at our weekly property gathering for their exceptional service during your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Little Rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

had a nine yr old bday party, great time, would have liked to see fruit on the manager's reception, not catered toward kids:( Great otherwise!! Rooms were good, hide a bed was a little uncomfortable for me ( the old folk).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

I am pleased you had a good time during your recent stay and that they birthday party was a success. I have shared your feedback with our Food and Beverage Director to help guide them for our "little" guests as well. It was great feedback that we will use to expand our services, so thank you for the idea! We hope to see you again soon!

Stephanie Grade

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Little Rock? Share your experiences!