“Great location, good breakfast, sub-par beds” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11301 Financial Centre Parkway, Little Rock, AR 72211   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 57 hotels in Little Rock
Boulder, Colorado
“Great location, good breakfast, sub-par beds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Like many Embassy Suites these days, a little old and shopworn, but generally a good place to stay. Great location near the freeway. Parking is inconvenient. Breakfast was very good, and the general feeling of the interior is good. Beds were uncomfortable and the pillows were quite low quality. Bathroom fixtures are old, but clean.

Consistently, found that the front desk staff was very understaffed, and either would not answer calls or would put you on hold for a long time. Caused some problems when I needed to make an adjustment to my reservation; it all got fixed properly, but wasted perhaps an hour of time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
StephanieG542, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your recent stay with us. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

I truly apologize that you thought that we were understaffed and were not able to respond to your requests in an efficient manner. In addition, I am sorry that you found our parking to be inconvenient and pillows to be uncomfortable. Our main priority is for all our guests to have an exceptional stay with us and I apologize that we were unable to deliver this to you. I assure you that your feedback is very important to us and I will make sure to take your comments into consideration to improve our guests in-property experience.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveninces during your stay and hope that you consider staying with us again next time you are in tow

358 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
El Paso, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We came in late due to driving across country, the front desk staff was extremely polite and fast! We loved our room, it was new and very clean! The room was also large. The staff brought a crib for my daughter before I even made it to my room! The atrium was beautiful, the chef at breakfast was cheerful and a great cook. I seriously can't say enough about how great this hotel and staff is.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your praise, the staff will greatly appreciate hearing your kind words. We truly have a great team at Embassy Suties, Little Rock and strive to exceed your expectations on a daily basis. We hope to see you again in your travels!
Hernando, Mississippi, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff very friendly no complaints with the service. However, this hotel is in desperate need of a makeover. The bedding and room furnishings are very old/worn and the rooms have a musty smell. The mattresses almost sink to the ground when you lay on them. The bathroom is moldy and the fixtures are rusted. There was mold around the shower/tub and soap dish. The bathroom ceiling is also moldy. For a hotel of this size the fitness area is commensurate to a 20 room mom and pop roadside inn. 1 eliptical, 1 bike, and 1 working treadmill along with drum bells in a room that is 15x8. Embassy suites are usually very nice, however until the rooms are updated and bedding is refurbished I will not be staying at this hotel when visiting LIttle Rock in the future.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry that the accomodations were not satisfactory. I would agree that we are ready for a "freshing" up. I am happy to say it is coming. We have numerous plans throughout 2013-2017 that should address all of your concerns in regards to the facility. I would also like to apologize for the cleanliness issues. That is clearly not the experience I would expect you to have. I assure you that we will use your feedback to grow from. I hope that when you do return to the Little Rock area you will give us another chance and enjoy the changes that we are doing and the many more to come.

Safe travels
Harrison, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The staff isnt very friendly, but besides that it was very good. The room service menu is quite over-priced for what you get. 20$ for a cheese quesadia with no extras. Plan on eating out. Room was very clean. Because of the separate bedroom and tv it was perfect for us. we were there for an out-patient surgical procedure and my daughter was able to relax in the bdrm while life went on for the rest of the kids in the separate living area. Pool and spa area good for adults and kids. breakfast is worth getting up for. Super great location for just about anything in Little Rock.

Room Tip: really dont think there's a way to go wrong with the rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Spent the weekend of Jan 5,6 at the Embassy Suites in LR. It is currently a little bit of a challenge getting there due to the amount of road construction in the immediate area but that's progress and not their fault. This is a well run Embassy Suites-from the front desk people to everyone to the cooks to the cleanup people at breakfast. All were just nice people and always helpful. We stayed with our 2 granddaughters aged 6 and 8. Suites are GREAT when you are traveling with children! The sofa sleeper is perfect for children and the breakfast and pool can't be beat. Gotta love that made to order breakfast. Plus they have a buffet so kids and Grandpa have anything they could want for breakfast. Very relaxing and they have real half and half for your coffee. The pool is clean and a wonderful place to let the kids swim. Towels are provided so you don't have to take them down from your room. The rooms are clean and you can get more towels and pillows if needed. All in all, it's a god value for your money and make our life easier on the road. You are right by the Hwy so it's easy to get wherever you need to go in LR if you stay here. This is the only place we'll stay in Little Rock!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
little rock, arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were without power on Christmas night and knew it would be days before it was restored.
On Dec. 26 we made a prepaid reservation through Expedia which could not be cancelled by us. We arrived at the hotel at 3:30 pm. I gave the person at the check in desk our name and asked her if she needed a confirmation number. She said no and placed our name on a list for a room. Because of the storm there was an oversold situation and people were being assigned rooms by their number. People were everywhere.. what a zoo!

After over 2 hours our name was called. When we approached the desk and gave them our Expedia booking number we were told our name was not on their list and blamed Expedia for having us pay for an unavailable room. We called Expedia who talked to them but it did no good. People were asking for their names to be removed from the list so there was a place for us on the list. I asked to speak to a manager and was told there was not one. We could not wait any longer or try to get a room at another hotel as it was getting dark and the roads were freezing up. We returned home for a 19 degree night.

The next morning we were able to find a very nice room at a downtown hotel where our reservation was honored and we were treated with respect. The Embassy Suites has some management issues and needs a lesson in public relations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
StephanieG542, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience at the Embassy Suites, Little Rock. I wish it had been a better one for you and I am sorry that is wasn't. Our goal is to always exceed your expectations even during challenging times and we clearly failed you at the worst time and caused you greater stress. I hope you will provide us an opportunity to show you how great we can be. Please contact me personally and I will arrange an evening for you as my guest. Once again, thank you for the feedback, it truly helps us grow.

Safe Travels,
Stephanie
Heber Springs, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I have stay here several times and always had a great room and service. Tonight we checked in, went to pull covers back to get in the bed and the sheets were coming off the bed. I tried to put back on wouldn't fit. I
Thought someone had put doubles on king so called front desk to request someone come up and fix. They sent new sheets, so I went to chg sheets and decided to see if they just on wrong ! They were! We put on correct way! Then as I was putting pillows back on I found 1 with blood on the case! I called down to request a manager , they told me they would see if one was available! Still waiting! No phone call either . Now I don't know if any of the cases have been chgd or not!

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Little Rock? Share your experiences!