“Good hotel a drive away from downtown” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #18 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good hotel a drive away from downtown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here one night during a trip to Little Rock. The reason why I picked this hotel was because it had free breakfast and not charge for parking....so I thought. After checking in I went to pull into the parking garage next to the hotel (which is no where near a crowded area of the city) and had to put in an access code. When I went back up to the desk to ask for it they said you had to pay $6 to park inside of it or you could park for free along the outside of the hotel. I told the gentleman with the hotel that this wasn't anywhere on the website I book it through. Looking back the site says parking is complimentary. Other than that the hotel was what you expect of an embassy suites. Decent room with decent breakfast. I booked this hotel room so I didn't have to pay for parking like I would have if I stayed downtown. Turns out if I wanted to park close I would have to pay regardless. Go figure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
LITCPGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Snapper4Christ,

Thank you for taking your time out to review your recent stay with us in TripAdvisor. I apologize if there is miscommunication in regard to the parking arrangements for the hotel. We do have a great deal of convenient parking around the exterior of the hotel in our parking lot area as well as good fortune of having convenient street parking available. We do also have limited spaces available in our parking garage that we do charge a nominal fee for compared to Downtown city parking prices. I will get with out Web team to ensure all sites explain this properly to avoid future confusion for other guests.

If you are back in the area again in the future I will be very happy to handle your reservations personally and provide you with complimentary parking in our garage.

Thank you for your feedback.

Roger.Brown@jqh.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Round Hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Hotel was very flexible in providing a room at the last minute following our automobile breakdown on I-40. This was the nicest room we had on our cross country trip on I-40. Fresh clean linens were a hit. Good ventilation without a draft was the result of some proper engineering and design. In fact the room was so nice, that it overshadowed the unfriendly and unprofessional bar tender, and the absolutely horrible breakfast. Actually, the breakfast was inedible. Seemed like powdered eggs and cold French toast. Covered parking was free but there is no bell service after 10 p.m. With AAA discount the room was only $107 plus taxes. Great bargain. Bottom line- sleep well but eat breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kalahun,

Thank you for taking your time out to write about your recent stay with us in Little Rock. We appreciate your feedback and your kind words about your guest suite experience. I apologize that you did not have an excellent breakfast experience. As well as our full buffet we also offer a complete "cooked to order" breakfast that is made fresh to each guest's order on their request. I'm sorry that you did not take advantage of this excellent offering.

I too apologize that the Bartender providing you service was anything other than completely hospitable. This will be addressed and corrected.

Thank you again for your feedback. If your travels bring you back to Little Rock please feel free to contact me personally in regard to a future stay here and I will make certain that you are well looked after.

Collierville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Little Rock while visiting a local water park. We love the Embassy Suite Hotels. Their beds are always comfortable, not too hard, not too soft. The overall value of this hotel is great in my opinion. There is a cocktail hour with complimentary drinks and snacks, which worked out perfectly for us after a day in the sun with kids! The goldfish pond that runs throughout the lobby was great for entertaining the kids while we chatted with friends over beverages. The breakfast buffet in the am was very good. Omlette station, pancakes, bacon, eggs, cereal, fruit, pretty much anything you'd like for breakfast. The Hot Springs Embassy's gravy was better than this location. Little Rocks was too floury and it was lacking the sausage pieces in it. Your
probably thinking...who cares, but my granma died years ago and a good saugage gravy I don't get very often anymore! HUGE plus...wonderful coffee! If you are looking for a place that is top of the line...newly decorated...this is not the place for you. The decor in the rooms was a bit dated (this is coming from an Interior Decorator, so my standards are high), but the place is classy. We found what were looking for on this trip. Comfortable accomodations, complimentary snacks and drinks, great breakfast and friendly staff. The only negative thing I'd say is that they could use more people to keep the place clean. My shoes kept sticking to the floor around the buffett and there was alot of things dropped on the floor. The dishwashing system is in need of rise solvet that works. The plates still looked dirty. I was hungry enough for this not to bother me, so I grab a napkin and wiped mine off pretty good before heading through the line. I did see others looking at the plates with disapproval also. I would suggest a place with Embassy's reputation go with all white plates, if they can't get their clear ones to look clean. Overall we had a great nights sleep and left with smiling faces.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

When we opened the door to our room, it was hot because the window was open. It was clear why, however, because the room smelled musty and damp, like a cheap motel. I called the front desk to ask for another room, and asked the attendant to have someone come up to smell to see what I was talking about. She said no, she believed me, a strange response. As soon as you open the door, the smell hit you. There was no way I would have felt comfortable with my 1 year old grandchild playing in the room. It appeared the smell was coming from the carpet, which was also worn and badly buckled, a tripping hazard for a toddler, but I noticed the armchair in the living room was also dirty and smelly, like way too many people had used it.
They let us move to a room down the hall. When the front desk attendant came up to bring the new key, I asked her again to just step in and see (smell) what I was talking about. She insisted that no, she believed me.
That got me to thinking. If housekeeping left the window open and curtains blowing to air out the room, then they knew about the old, stale, musty smell. If they knew, then the front desk attendant knew also. So---why did they put us in that room in the first place when there were many other rooms available? You cannot make me believe that the front desk personnel are not kept aware of the rooms in poor condition.
We had quite a bit to move, and it was a downer for us. I simply cannot believe that Embassy Suites, which was such a nice place when it opened, has not kept its room maintenance up very well.

Breakfast was ok, not as good as it used to be. There was a fly bothering us, and the next table, persistently. My daughter asked the breakfast attendant whether they had fly swats (which I'm sure they did not want anyone to see them using). The attendant smiled, said no, and just kept on doing what she was doing, even though she saw the pesky fly also, kind of a "there's nothing we can do about that" response. We all spent a lot of time swating at the fly to keep it off of our food.

Finally, I don't know who chose the tv service, but there is not a good selection of channels, unless you're a big sports fan. I'm a female and I like baseball and other sports, just not on so many channels. Oh, and we called front desk to get someone to unstop the toilet this morning. It never flushed properly. After waiting over 30 minutes, we had to call them again. A stopped up toilet first thing in the morning with everybody waking up is something you attend to right away. They did come within ten minutes of the second call, however.

My son had at least 3 birthday parties at this same hotel years ago, and I was much more impressed then.

To their credit, the business center is nice, along with the fish pool. I am primarily a Marriott Rewards member, but did have a few Hilton points that I used for this stay. It cost me 15,000 points plus $56.00 for one night at Embassy Suites, while there were at least three Marriotts where we could have stayed for only 10,000 points and no money. We chose Embassy Suites becuase of the extra room and breakfast. I did not make a good decision. We could have had a clean room with $56.00 still in our pockets and more points left, and even a decent breakfast. I will know next time.

Room Tip: After you get your room key, just go to the room and check it out before you lug all of your belongi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear A G,

Thank you for taking your time out to write about your recent stay with us in TripAdvisor. I apologize that it did not exceed your expectations. I appreciate being made aware of our shortcomings so that we may address the issues that come up. I will be researching the reason for your room being "musty" upon your arrival but I'm not surprised if the window was left open for any period during a humid day. This of course should not be the case of a room that is Ready for guest occupancy and I again apologize for that.

We do certainly employ a very reputable Pest Service that truly does an exceptional job for us. I apologize that there were flies in the Atrium during your breakfast time and we will continue to work to eliminate all pests from getting into our building.

I appreciate your feedback on our TV Channel selection. Our Corporate team tries hard to select a cross section of channels to cover all interests but I will most certainly be sharing your feedback with them as well so that we may consider other options.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. If you would like to share any further feedback with me in regard to your stay please feel free to contact me directly or via email. Also if you are in the area again and have need for accommodations please feel free to contact me personally so that I can ensure your next stay goes smoothly.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

This hotel exceeded our expectations - and we had high expectations. The staff is friendly and attentive to you the moment that you step in the door. Our suite was clean and inviting. The atrium is gorgeous and the "atmosphere" is classy.

What we loved the most was the "family friendly" culture of this hotel, with a pool with kids water toys and a well-maintained whirlpool and sauna. The breakfast in the morning was incredible as there were "made-to-order" omelettes and a wide variety of fruit, eggs, diced potatoes, pancakes and a host of other items with four kinds of juices/beverages.

We will definitely stay here again. We just think our whole experience here was more than worth what we paid to stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennstr, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you greatly for taking your time out to write about us in TripAdvisor. We certainly appreciate your kind words about our products and services. We value your business and appreciate your choosing to stay with us in Little Rock.

If your travels bring you back to Little Rock for business or pleasure please feel free to contact me personally in regard to any future reservation needs. We hope to see you back with again very soon.

Converse, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Just completed my fourth Hilton property; two more left on an 11 day business trip. As a matter of fact, I'm typing this note from an Embassy Suites location in Dallas, Texas (will write about this one tomorrow). Hilton is my number one lodging choice, especially Embassy Suites with the 2-room suites, evening manager's special and the great cook-to-order breakfast. After arriving from Huntsville, AL at approximately 1900, 18 May 2012, I was greeted by a less than enthusiastic hostess during check-in. After standing at the counter for about 10 seconds, I got her attention (she was reading papers), gave my name, presented ID and credit card. Shortly thereafter, she handed me my room key and said "enjoy your stay." I got to tell you I sure was especting a welcome to the hotel, is this your first time here, thanks for being a gold member...something. But nothing!!!! I asked for a baggage cart and was told none were available and it was not clear when one would be back. I then asked for directions to the elevator. The bartender during the manager's special was great. The rooms were okay; hotel appears to be a little on the worn side (carpet in room 811 was loose and rippled when you walked on it or rooled your suitecase across it), but was clean. Breakfast was a different story; what you expect to see; was truly the hightlight of the visit there. The staff was lively and made everyone feel welcome while they worked to take care of us. Maybe you should consider making them your check-in staff. I was throughly disappointed in that first impression; but the breakfast staff made it okay the next day. We visited the gift shop...the lady on duty was very nice. Parking was plentiful (exterior and garage). The hotel location is just off I-430 and I-630 with plenty of shopping and eateries nearby. Beware of the highway construction though! I haven't made up my mind if I would stay there again. We did drive across town almost from Highway 72 to get to the property expecting the typical Hilton service!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator and vending machines are much quieter Look for corner or odd shaped ro...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
LITCPGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you for utiling Trip Advisor to review your recent stay with us in Little Rock, AR. I apologize that the Front Office team was indifferent to you upon arrival as we certainly appreciate your business greatly in particular as a HHonors member. We believe we have a great hotel here and apologize for the less than cordial initial greeting. We will certainly share your comments with our Front Office team to ensure they realize the importance of every single impression that they make with our guests.

Please feel free to utilize me as a point of contact for any future stay here. I will ensure you are well looked after and afforded every service that the Hilton Family of Brands prides itself on.

Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The omelet chef seemed bored to be there and was dealing with too many people at once. As a business traveler, having to pay for WiFi is a deal breaker going forward. There are too many comparable hotels, like the Crowne Plaza down the road that are cheaper and have free Internet.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking your time out to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the opportunity to address your comments to work to improve for all of our guests. Thank you for you compliments in regard to our Front Office team and I apologize if our Breakfast Chef seemed indifferent. It is vital even during busy periods that they interact positively. This will be addressed with the entire Breakfast team.

Again I thank you and welcome you to utilzed me as a point of contact for any future reservation with us.

Roger.Brown@jqh.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Little Rock? Share your experiences!