“Filthy...Mildew in the Bathrooms” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #26 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
Mountain Home, AR
“Filthy...Mildew in the Bathrooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

Arrived tired and late in the evening or would have done a u-turn. Yuk! Had to change rooms immediately because of the black mold lining the bathtub. Second room didn't see the mold till I got in the tub, all under the soap dish and around the attachments. Overall bathrooms rundown, poorly patched, old and tacky. Microwave not plugged in....found out why, the buzzer screams constantly can't stop it unless you unplug.
Checked out 12:40....was charged $20. extra for 40 mins...it' s not like they were busy and had someone for the room....they were just RUDE.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Los Angeles, Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Ramada Inn for 2 days in March (2009). There for my wife's best friend's wedding (and all the stress that goes with that), I was pleased that the room was clean and comfortable, and the staff was courteous and friendly from check-in to check-out.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
woodstock, georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel several times. I often travel to Little Rock and have found this location to be very convenient. The staff is always friendly and helpful to get me in at the last minute. The hotel is off the main road so you do not get a lot of traffic noise. I am able to get my work done and have a good nights rest. Overall, i totally reccomend the Ramada to anyone.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel several times, and I've always been pretty satisfied. It's located in a nice area of Little Rock near lots of restaurants, and there's also an expanded continental breakfast in the mornings. Parking is free, and there are a few covered parking spots as well. The rooms are nice and clean. They offer free internet access in the rooms, and they will lend you an ethernet cord if you didn't bring your own. I think they also have wifi, but the last time I stayed there, both the wired and wifi internet weren't working, so that was a little disappointing. I'm assuming they have fixed that, though, so overall, this hotel is quite good to me.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — internet was not working when I was there.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

This is a hotel that is busy cutting a lot of corners - and I have the filthy brown socks to prove it . I earned them by walking around on the room's carpet for a couple of hours. Despite the claims made on the hotel's website, my room lacked a "pillow-top mattress," microwave, and refrigerator. When I mentioned this at check-out , the clerk explained that those were only available in the "more expensive rooms." (It doesn't say THAT on the website!) The pool is "closed for repairs," yet a mattress and box springs are leaning against on one wall (pool? storage area? hmmm...). The breakfast foods are served from plastic storage containers covered in plastic wrap. The room key is presented complete with Post-It note containing your room number. The rooms lack closets - there is a rack screwed the to wall. But the laminated card in the bathroom speaks most eloquently about this hotel: it reads, "Problems with the hot water? Turn handle to the left and let it run. This is a common problem with new guests." Somehow, I prefer to stay in a hotel that does not use the words "problem" and "guests" in the same sentence. This hotel is far from "delightful," although it is in a convenient location and there are three or four restaurants within walking distance that might (didn't try any of them) be appealing and safe locations for a nightcap or two after a hard day on the road. Other than that, I'd advise you to take your $79 elsewhere - I'm sure in Little Rock, you can find someone else who will give you a lot more - and a much more satisfying experience - in return.

• Liked — Location is great - really convenient
  • Disliked — you name it - physical condition, ambience, overall attitude....
  • Tips/Secrets — Hotel is located on a side street that intersects Markham at the north side. It is easy to miss.
  • Stayed September 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2006

My husband and I spend the weekend in Little Rock a few times a year, and this is where we always stay.
It's in a good, safe location, always clean and comfortable, friendly and professional staff, and a great continental breakfast (including biscuits/gravy, boiled eggs, waffles, etc.). There is an indoor pool, which we haven't tried. Some of the rooms have a microwave and little fridge (great for bringing back leftovers when you eat out).

The staff are very accommodating. The last time we were there, our car battery died and the man at the desk was very helpful about finding someone to jump it for us.
Once when we checked in they told us there was a group of kids in the hotel (soccer team or something), and they offered to move us to a higher floor away from them, without our even asking. (There always seem to be lots of "family" type groups there, but we have NEVER had a problem with noise or disruptions of any kind. You don't hear a sound once you get in your room, so I assume it must be well-built.)
I highly recommend this location for business travelers, couples, families, whatever.

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Ramada Limited Little Rock? Share your experiences!