“Great room, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
25% Off Advance Purchase
Ranked #7 of 56 hotels in Little Rock
Branson, Missouri
“Great room, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Like CityLover86, I also stayed during the Volleyball Tournament (on the same night in fact - I was at that wedding!). However, I greatly enjoyed my stay. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, and when something went wrong (as happens everywhere) they immediately did what they could to fix it - we just had to ask. I loved the parking - it was totally worth the small charge, made me feel secure, and really saved us time when rushing to that wedding! I knew there was a tournament going on, but didn't hear anything when I went to bed, and the bed itself was very comfortable. In most hotels I've been to (and there have been many), I tend to wake up cold from having such a thin comforter - this one was thick and soft, and kept me warm.
It wasn't perfect - I could really have used a fridge, and the t.v. remotes seemed to work for more than one t.v., because the channel kept changing in one room and not at all in the next regardless of battery charge (we had several rooms for our large family and were able to compare).
The location was great to visit River Market and the Clinton Library, and just a couple blocks from the river and nearest on-ramp. The price was also good, especially for the service we received.
I would definitely stay there again, and have no problem recommending it to others.

Room Tip: The room at the end of the second floor hallway was very quiet, and felt very secure.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dmote78, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Little Rock - Downtown, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Downtown Little Rock's River Market District. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. I will look into the TV issues you mentioned. Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great property, great staff, great location...cleanliness, breakfast, etc. were all top-notch. The Assistant General Manager checked us in...she emulated the fundamentals of hospitality. Rockstar! I will continue to stay at this hotel during my travels to Little Rock.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We strive to deliver excellent guest service to all of our guests and it looks like we have most definitely succeded in your case. We are gald you choose to stay with us and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future. I will make sure to share your "rock star" comments with our Assistant General Manager and the team as a whole.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Everything about this hotel exceeded our expectations. My only objection was that the bathroom sink was way too high. The use of duvets instead of grungy bedspreads was excellent. (The requirement to write 200 characters is silly.)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Little Rock! We are very pleased that you liked our clean and fresh linen. I will pass along your comments in regards to sink height. There is not much we can do at this point but we will be renovated at some point in the next few years and maybe this issue could be addressed at that point. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Downtown Little Rock's River Market District.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I enjoy staying at this hotel. The rooms are spacious and the parking is secure and reasonably priced. We can walk to great restaurants and shopping. Great location downtown we have even walked to concerts at Verizon Arena.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dmote78, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Little Rock - Downtown, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. The River Market District truly is a wonderful place to visit. We are very grateful to you for choosing to stay with us while visiting Downtown Little Rock. We look forward to serving you on yor next trip to town.
Western Grove, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a great room, comfy bed, polite hotels staff.
The parking was great and I felt very secure. HOWEVER, I didn't sleep a wink the night I stayed. There seemed to be a volley ball team staying on my floor which was up all night. actually, at one point they were running through the halls screaming at 1 am. The staff or parents did nothing to stop the loudness. Maybe there should be a strict no noise after 10 pm? My son slept through everything... But the fact that I had to be up at 6 am for a wedding meeting made it even worse. I maybe pulled out 2-3 hours of sleep. But not entirely the hotels fault.. Actually, to obtain some quiet I left my room around 2 in the morning and went down to their poolside fire pit and table area. Even though there was traffic noise (its downtown) It was still quieter than my room. Breakfast was not great at all... Potatoes tasted like cold wet cardboard, eggs had no flavor, oat meal was slimy, and waffles were dry. The sausage and Greek yogurt made my breakfast. Over all I will rate my experience EHH I would like to stay there again with out teenage girls running a muck in the hall ways to better get a decent opinion of the place.

Room Tip: The best view is from the top floor corner rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dmote78, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Little Rock - Downtown, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Little Rock at the River Market. I apologize that you were not able to get a good nights rest. You happened to stay with us during "Volley in the Rock", a regional volleyball tournament held annually in Downtown Little Rock. The quality of our breakfast items is an issue we are working to improve and I thank youir for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will give us the opprotunity to serve you again in the future. Maybe next time without a hotel full of excitable adolescents.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The downtown Hampton is a very nice, well kept facility. Rooms are always clean, staff is friendly, and the location is great. The workout room is a little small, but there is still enough to get a workout in on the road. Parking could be better, on the street or in the garage of an adjacent condo building.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dmote78, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Little Rock - Downtown, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Little Rock's River Market District. We know that you had several options and you choose us. Thank you! We look forward to serving you on you next visit to our city.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was in a king room (#205) the first night. It was spacious, quiet, comfy, and had a great atypical (for a chain hotel) layout with a large window. The only downside was that the street light shone right into my window... nothing their thick drapes couldn't fix. I was here for an unexpected 2nd night and ended up in a double queen room which was more typical with a smaller bathroom and a smaller window but was still very comfortable. I found the hotel to be more up-to-date than most in this category. There's a friendly bar in the lobby with lots of options to order in food, and a firepit and swimming pool out back. The exercise room is well-stocked and overlooks the pool. The hotel is easy walking distance to downtown restaurants, shops, the convention center, and the Clinton Library.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $10 to get into a king room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Downtown Little Rock's River Maket District. We are very happy to hear that you were pleased with our king sized room. We look forward to having teh opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Little Rock - Downtown? Share your experiences!