“Helpful Front Desk Staff and Beautiful Contemporary Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 River Market Avenue, Little Rock, AR 72201   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
Baltimore, Maryland
“Helpful Front Desk Staff and Beautiful Contemporary Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Arriving late Sunday so that we could make an early flight out of Little Rock the next morning, we were impressed by this stylish and somewhat new hotel. The room was clean, contemporary, comfortable and reasonably priced. The front desk clerk, even at the late hour, was friendly and accommodating. She recommended a great place where we could eat and was quite knowledgeable about the area. If we're back that way again, I'll make a point of staying here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I've been to Little Rock twice this year and have stayed here both times. The rooms are clean and spacious. The location is great as well. The staff here is very friendly and more than accommodating. I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Good location, clean property (sort of new), good service. Breakfast was nothing to write home about. Rooms are comfortable and nicely (but economically) furnished, but very sterile looking. Parking is $7 at the garage next door - the walk from the garage is not covered (about 25 yards or so). Short walk to River Market restaurants, but even at 6PM we were approached by a vagrant although it wasn't much different than other cities. Great place to stay if you're looking for value.

Room Tip: Get high floor on the outside, in case the action in the courtyard gets loud. No covered access f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dmote78, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Little Rock - Downtown, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Little Rock. We hope that you enjoyed your time in the River Market District. I am sorry to hear that you were not overly pleased with our breakfast offerings. We greatly value the feedback from our guests which allows us the opportunity to make improvements to our operation. We are currently making some changes to our breakfast item line up in hopes of making our breakfast more apealing. I am also sorry to hear that you were approached by pan handlers while out and about in our down town area. This is an issue that our city is taking great efforts to clean up. We have seen improvement in just the past few weeks.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us on your next visit to Little Rock. We love having you here.

Daniel Mote
Paragould, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Overall, a pretty good experience, but I found this hotel to have both pros and cons.

The pros: Quiet, clean room, friendly staff, convenient to the River Market District, and they took care of me when I forgot my toothpaste. I like the fact that my room had a mini fridge and microwave. I stayed at the nearby Peabody a few weeks ago, and did not have these conveniences, even though the rooms were more expensive.

I stopped in at the lounge on my last night there and Sheri was wonderful. I could tell from my very brief visit that there are a lot of business travelers who frequent this hotel. While the hotel does not have a restaurant, Sheri had tons of menus and suggestions, including a few restaurants with delivery service. The Suite Shop also had snacks and frozen dinners for purchase. There was also a little fire pit area outside near the pool that looked very inviting.

The Cons: No Shuttle to area restaurants. This hotel is several blocks away from a variety of restaurants and bars. I would feel perfectly comfortable walking alone during the day or at night with others. However, as a woman travelling alone (and somewhat familar with the area), I did not feel comfortable walking to Markham St alone. I have seen too many panhandlers and shady characters in this area to feel good about walking 3 - 5 blocks alone at night. It was a close drive, but the parking on that street is somewhat limited.

Parking garage - The hotel has a "secure" garage that is shared with the condos next door. I put the word secure in quotes, because I was not required to use my room key to enter as the front desk lady said. When you enter the garage, do not turn right. There are only a few spots to the right of the entrance, and then a dead end. Go straight and take the first open space you find. One circle around and the parking is for condo owners only. Once you park, you have to walk out of the garage, by the condo pool area, past the hotel pool and into the side door. I believe you can park in front of the hotel to unload your things though.

Check out - I am a little spoiled to quick check out where I find my receipt conveniently placed under my door in the morning. I had to go to the front desk to check out. The man was friendly and fairly quick, but I was already a little behind, so the process was a little annoying.

All said, this was not a bad stay. The cons were mostly minor annoyances. I might consider staying here again, depending on the circumstances.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting Downtown Little Rock and taking the time to give us your feedback. We love to hear from our guests. Since your stay with us we have made a few changes. The garage doors at the entrance to the parking deck have been replaced with a swinging gate. It is a vast improvement over the roll up doors that were prone to malfunction. We have also been able to make some minor changes to the noise dampening strips attached to the bottom of our guest room doors. This has allowed us to resume delivering the express check out folios directly to your room on the last night of your stay.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Little Rock. It will be our pleasure to serve you.

Daniel Mote
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Little Rock - Downtown in October. It was a very good experience. The hotel is like new in a great downtown location within a short walk of the River Market area. The rooms are very large and inviting with everything you need for a comfortable stay, including a flat screen television and a comfy duvet. The complimentary breakfast is a nice perk and is a plentiful way to start the day (scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, bisquits and gravy, cereal, yogurt, baked goods, juice, coffee, etc.) There is also free overnight street parking just around the corner which we took advantage of (instead of paying for parking in the garage). If you are going to be in downtown Little Rock, you should stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Great modern, clean hotel in cool location close to the RiverMarket/ RiverWalk. We took our kids this trip an dthey loved the excellent park an dsplash pad just blocks away on the riverfront. Also the hotel has free breakfast, clean OUTDOOR pool (little chilly for us), and a great back patio with gas fire pit. Would go back with kids or just me and the hubby. My new hotel for trips to visit family in Little Rock!.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I liked this hotel a lot. It was new, in a great location where we could explore the city on foot from, and the quality of the rooms and breakfast were better than other Hampton Inns I have stayed at. Recommended to anyone looking for a reasonably priced place to stay in Little Rock.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Little Rock - Downtown? Share your experiences!