“Cliff and Carolyn” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #29 of 60 Hotels in Little Rock
“Cliff and Carolyn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Our breakfast was wonderful and so was the service. We were greeted by a precious woman named Carolyn. She is a fantastic cook and made our experience so warm and inviting because we were staying in this hotel to be near the hospital where my grandmother was admitted the night before. We were also greeted by Cliff late last night at the front desk. He made us feel welcome even at the late hour. We will definitely be returning customers.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stay at Marriott's all across the U.S. about 2-3 nights a week from small cities to very large ones, I have to say the food through room service is superb!

This is my second time staying here & I will for sure return. From the food, to the concierge lounge to the room & the fitness center... Top notch.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very nice hotel. Close to what there is in Little Rock (which isn't much). Nice parking area and very friendly staff. I would go there again. The river market area is very close and there are some nice places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having received a confirmation by e-mail, I did not worry about calling to verify the reservation. I normally call even if I have a printed confirmation, but now that I can pull up my e-mails on my phone, I am not as paranoid about this as I used to be... I should have known that the first time I did not call ahead, we would run into problems. We arrived at the property and were met by a friendly valet staff who immediately helped us unload the car. My husband gave his name at the reception desk and was told by Lady Gaga, the blond desk clerk, that she didn't have a reservation for us. I assured her that I had received a confirmation, but she did not seem concerned at all about finding us a room. I pulled up the confirmation e-mail on my phone and handed it to her, but she still was less than helpful and did not even make an attempt at apologizing for the mix-up. I have been a Marriott rewards member for the last few years and have always had great service, but this experience has dampened my enthusiasm for online reservations. She finally said that all she could do was put us in her system as a "walk-in." The next morning I found a receipt under our door for the one night. Our original confirmation for our reservation was for two nights, but Lady Gaga did not bother to read that far I guess. I had to call down to the front desk at 7am to see if I could get it straightened out before my husband woke up and realized her mistake. Thank goodness Stephanie was on duty. She was very helpful, friendly, and professional. She sent us down to Starbucks for coffee while she changed the reservation in her system. By the time we had enjoyed the hotel breakfast buffet, Stephanie had taken care of vouchers for our meal and fixed the computer issue with our reservation. She was great! We were very impressed with everyone on staff except for Blondie at reception. Lloyd, our bellman, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the downtown area and made us feel welcome in Little Rock. We also had excellent service from Cedric and the rest of the valet staff, especially with the shuttle service downtown. If Lady Gaga had not been rude again the next day, then I probably would not have mentioned the reservation snafu at all. Unfortunately, she was excessively rude when I asked for taxi information for the downtown area. I honestly have never had this kind of problem with a front-desk person before, and I have to admit I am still irritated over the experience. There really is no excuse for reception staff to behave the way she did.

Room Tip: high floor with city view
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Bill S, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 6 days ago
northlafamily, let me apologize for the confusion you encountered upon your arrival. I am glad that our team members were able to rectify your stay. I have shared your feedback with Stephanie, Cedric, and Llyod and will speak to our Front Office Manager to ensure all team members have training available to them to address reservation mix-ups. Thank you for your feedback. we hope to host you again in the near future.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I arrived to the hotel after a long day on the road, and Malachi checked me in. He gave me a complimentary upgrade on my room, and it was very much appreciated. This is a great downtown hotel that is very close to the water with lots of restaurants within walking distance. Great service and beautiful hotel. I'll be back.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Laura G, thank you so much for sharing your recent experience. I am pleased that you had a nice stay. I will certainly share your kind words with Malachi as well as his supervisor. We appreciate you and look forward to hosting you in the future.
Meridian, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Recently stayed at this hotel for a conference (March 27-29, 2015). Check in started off okay but when I arrived to my room I noticed that it was a king when I requested a double. I thought that this would be an easy fix but the young lady at the front desk seemed very irritated that I was not happy with the room that she placed me; I think her name was Elissa or something similar to that. I know exactly what I requested when I booked the room and I did not appreciate her trying to argue with me. Luckily, the young lady working with her interpreted our conversation and said. "Sir we are her to make you happy and we will correct this problem." I do not know why it was so hard for Elissa to say the same. I appreciated the young lady stepping in and I later thanked for her professionalism and kindness, sadly I cannot remember her name.

After that everything else was great, the shuttle driver was fantastic, and the young men and women working the desk late afternoon could not have been friendlier.

The rooms were very nice and modern and we had a great view of the river! Overall I had a great stay.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Sipp2K09, I am very sorry to hear about your recent check-in experience. I will certainly share this information with my management team so that we can provide training to our staff. I am glad to hear the rest of your stay was well. I hope that we have the pleasure of hosting you in the near future.
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Spent three nights at this hotel this week. First impression was the shuttle from the airport, which was right on time, but WOW...what a wild ride that was. The entire route is curvy and the driver took the curves and turns so fast, it felt as though we were going to tip over at times. I understand the need to keep a schedule, but it was borderline scary. We were happy to make it to the hotel alive. The ride back to the airport, however, was much more calm and sedate.

Check in was fine, the front desk agent was cordial and my reservation was in order. The room is great, very clean, and the beds are SUPER comfortable. I was on the 15th floor and had awesome views of the river. My biggest issue was that the outside of the windows were filthy, and there were no less than three huge spiders and their webs living on the outside of my window. It's hard to enjoy the view trying to look past a big spider. I understand it's next to impossible to keep the windows of such a tall building clean, though, so it is what it is. I learned to live with these new friends, but stopped just short of naming them. On my last night, there was a good sized spider on the inside of my window, which wasn't pleasant, but he died a quick death.

We used the restaurant a number of times - breakfast three times, dinner once, and drinks twice, and the service and food was really great each time.

Checkout was quick and easy, and the shuttle ride back to the airport was right on time.

Overall, this was a really good stay, and I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in downtown Little Rock.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
SisterBlue, I'd like to thank you for a good chuckle this morning! I do apologize for the inconvenience with the shuttle and spiders but I must say you have a gift for storytelling. I will certainly speak with my management staff and see if we can address your specific concerns. I appreciate you and hope to see you at our hotel soon!

Been to Little Rock Marriott? Share your experiences!