“4 star... just barely” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
El Dorado, Arkansas
“4 star... just barely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this property many times over the years. It was recently branded Marriott- the flagship Marriott in Little Rock. There are a lot of nice features: connected to the Convention Center, located on the scenic Arkansas River, close to the Clinton Library and River Market shopping area. Plus, after decades of disrepair, nearby Main Street is being revitalized. Valet parking is a nice touch, but there is not any near-by parking- so it is almost a requirement. The entire hotel has been remodeled and looks great. Large open lobby and entrance area with an atrium that stretches to the top floor. When I stayed here many months ago, the transition to Marriott had just started... with this stay, I got to see the completed product. The rooms are nice and comfortable with great views; although there are two odd issues. First, there is no dresser. Maybe this is the newest thing in upscale hotels. In its place are cubbies which are tilted sideways and are the only place to store your things other than the closet. If you are sharing the room- this might not offer much privacy for your stuff. Second, there is a night light in the room that detects motion and comes on when you move about the room if the room lights are off. I have never seen this anywhere else. Perhaps it is required, but I heard several in our group didn’t care for it. To my knowledge there is no way to turn it off. The staff was fine but not exceptional. They seem to lack polish. On the weekends, this hotel has much more affordable prices.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Gentry, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Marriott did a $16 million renovation of the hotel and you can tell. The rooms are very nice and very quite. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I stayed for a conference and will hopefully stay here again for our next one. I would definitely recommend the Marriott.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Miklogan, we are pleased you chose to stay at the Little Rock Marriott. Thank you for sharing your kind words! We look forward to your return visit to Little Rock.
Indianaolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Really Bad Pre-Arrival Phone Service. Called to get a reservation for an adjoining room and they really dont know what they are doing. It almost scared me off and I am glad it didn't. The hotel is in a cool spot in Little Rock. The lobby is amazing and they restaurant was very good.

Room Tip: If you call for reservations be patient with the onsite staff.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 5 days ago
IndianaolisAlex, so glad you came and stayed with us. I'm sorry you had a bump in the road with the phone. I can certainly look into that and see that we equip our staff with training and understanding of the process. I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to you coming back.
Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Let me just preface this all by saying that the hotel, as it is, is nice enough. It is well located and sometimes that's the most important thing. However, when you pay for a four star hotel it is with certain expectations of service, cleanliness, and courtesy, and I found that to be lacking. Here were some of the issues:
1. Upon arrival and check-in we requested a room with a river view. The concierge informed us that none were available and we were placed in a room on the fourth floor that overlooked...the air conditioners. It was incredibly disappointing, and we were prepared to move on to another place altogether. However, another concierge was kind enough to move us into a new room on the 19th floor (with a river view how shocking!) and so that was a much needed improvement. However...
2. Room was dirty (urine stain on toilet lid, windows smudged), shower head was comically low (I'm approx 6 feet tall and the shower head literally hit me in the middle of my stomach), and the nozzle sprayed water everywhere. Also, although I realize this is not indicative of the cleanliness of the room, one of the breakers had apparently flipped and so we did not have power to half our room (which included the A/C, television and only lamp). This issue was resolved, but contributed to the feeling that we were in a less than well managed place.
3. Valet service was incredibly slow and expensive. We opted to park down the street at public parking for half the price, and I'm glad we did because even after parking and making the walk we still arrived earlier than the people that were ahead of us in the valet line, and at half the cost!

At the end of the day, we really enjoyed the view our room had, the location of the hotel, and so it was sufficient, but I have definitely stayed in nicer 4 star hotels (and some 3 star hotels!) than this.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Bill S, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 1 week ago
foremanna, I am sorry to hear of your disappointing experience and I appreciate the time that you took to provide feedback. I assure you that what you experiences is not our standard process and a true Little Rock Marriott experience. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate how "brilliant" our hotel can be.
Helena, Arkansas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Little Rock Mariott started life as The Excelsior Hotel and then spent a good portion of its life as the Little Rock Peabody. It was bought a few years ago by Marriott and is now the Little Rock Marriott. I have stayed here several times in all three of incarnations. The hotel lobby is large, nice and spacious with comfortable seating and large screen televisions for relaxing relaxing and visiting. The hotel is connected to the Statehouse Covention Center and the hotel has extensive ballrooms and meeting room space. If you're attending a function at one of these then this is an excellent choice. In addition, the hotel sits on President Clinton Avenue which is the same street the river market is on. Little Rock River Market is Little Rock's answer to Bourbon Street, Beale Street, etc. However, the River Market is much nicer then those famed locales. Nice restaurants and night life within easy walking distance of this hotel. The service at the hotel is good with no complaints about the front desk staff. In fact, the staff of the hotel is engaging, helpful and extremely pleasant. For you coffee drinkers, there is a Starbucks in the lobby that opens at 6 am. The fitness center is well equipped and the equipment is well maintained and up to date. The hotel restaurant is called Heritage Grill and it has a breakfast buffet for $16.95. You can also order a la carte from the menu. Now for the average. The guest rooms have undergone an update but still have the feel of the 70s-80s Excelsior days. I guess the updates are confined by the structure but the bathrooms are small by today's hotel standards. Pedestal sink with limited counter space. The room was clean and well kept with a small sectional in addition to the king bed. The price was very reasonable at $139.00 a night. Overall, I'd recommend the hotel if you get a rate that you consider reasonable. Especially if you are involved in a function at the convention center, the Little Rock Marriott is a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level, river view room.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Donald K, thank you so much for sharing your experience. It seems you have history with the property! We completed our renovations in September of last year and we spent a lot of time trying to ensure that our hotel was accommodating to our guests. I do hope that your next visit to Arkansas will include a return stay with us.
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It's amazing what a few months will do. After a challenging experience last fall, I gave this site another shot and I am glad I did. The service is absolutely top-notch. Upon arrival, I was greeted and acknowledged as a platinum member. That said, all others in line during check-in were also greeted and acknowledged. That's pretty important as nobody wants to stand in line and feel invisible.
I was also given a room upgrade upon request. I was fortunate enough to be staying when there was availability in one of the suites and let me tell you it was glorious. It was a two-story loft with a family room, dining room, and bathroom on the first level. On the second level, there was another family room with a 70" Samsung television, a 250 Sq ft bedroom, and a huge bathroom with a separate shower and jacuzzi tub. It's exactly the space I was looking for after a few long days of work.
As it turned out, my room was not immediately ready upon arrival because I didn't use the Marriott Ap to check-in. As a result, Cedric, at the front desk, provided me with vouchers to get a free drink and snack at the bar while my room was being made up. In fact, he walked me over and introduced me to the bar staff. The beer was excellent as I was served a local stout and the beef tip appetizer was as tender and tasty as a fillet mignon. They also happen to be giving free samples of oysters on the half shell. I thought that was a nice touch of class you don't see everywhere else. Finally, a hotel that isn't trying to cut corners all the time and understands the value of making guests happy.
Everyone I had interactions with at the Marriott were very positive and I really felt the staff went out of their way to make sure I had an excellent stay. With every question and request I had, they had an answer for me. This staff has obviously been trained up as this ranks in the Top 5 hotel stays I've ever had on a business trip. Considering I am in a hotel over 150 nights a year, I think that says something. So if you're staying in Little Rock, you'd be foolish to stay somewhere else. Between Kristi D, Cedric, and Alyssa, you're in excellent hands with this team.

Room Tip: High floors have beautiful views of downtown Little Rock!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your most kind words regarding our property and specifically our staff. We are very proud of our hotel and the experiences that we provide. I hope to have you back in our hotel so that we can welcome you "home" again.
lafayette
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I claim that a small bag was stolen from our locked room Christmas eve 2014 between 11:20pm & 1:30am. Hotel security claimed that no one unlocked the room according to the security scan reading of the door lock AND that no one can enter the room if the door is closed. Thirty minutes after I asked for the video of my checking in with the bag to be viewed, security claimed that the bag was recovered in the stairway. My 64G mini Ipad and Beats Studio were missing from it. Two days later, the hotel claimed that the insurance claim had been filed. Two weeks later, after I called corporate Marriott who contacted the Little Rock Marriott franchise, the hotel claimed that there was confusion on who was handling the claim. Five weeks later I claim that I am still waiting on the reimbursement for the stolen items.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Bill S, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
drsmnn, I apologize for your experience on Christmas Eve. I am extremely concerned that you had items missing and that you do not have a resolution after so much time has passed. I have reached out to our Department of Security so that he may provide me an update on the process.I would like to be able to share that update with you. Please email my assistant, Lynnette Rancifer at lynnette.rancifer@littlerockmarriott.com so that we can resolve this matter. Again, I sincerely apologize and I do hope that you will give our hotel another opportunity to demonstrate to your our true Marriott experience.

Been to Little Rock Marriott? Share your experiences!