“Nice renovation but be aware of the Arkansas heat!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #31 of 57 hotels in Little Rock
Little Rock
“Nice renovation but be aware of the Arkansas heat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed one night during a hot August day. 8-23-14. I was anxious to see what this hotel had become after the Peabody Ducks had exited. The renovation was really quite nice. Very contemporary. We were on the 17th floor of the hotel with a river view. Our key card access on the elevator did not work but someone was going to the 18th floor so I decided we would just ride there then walk down a floor. Our keys did not work on the room lock either. So I had to leave my wife sweating in the hallway as there apparently is no air-conditioning out there. Got the keys fixed and they sent a bellman up with me to make sure everything worked this time. It did. I asked the bellman about the A/C in the hallway. He said after the renovation they just did not get it “right”. The room and view were really nice. On word of caution though. Just outside the bathroom is a modern wood cubicle for the coffeemaker, water, etc… It goes from floor to ceiling. Right at my forehead height was a sharp corner of the unit. Be careful not to cut that corner short going to or from the bathroom or your forehead will suffer. The flavored ice water in the lobby was nice although water spilled on a marble floor (as had happened)could be dangerous. I think they need to place that table on a rug or place a mat by it. Great location for all that downtown Little Rock has to offer. Close enough to walk to the River market without the hassle of the noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with river view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bentonville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We went for a quick get away weekend. There was 2 conventions going on in the conference center. We had no issues with noise or too many people from conventions. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Beds were very comfortable. Location is walking distance to many options.

It has definitely lost the charm of the Peabody, but it is not bad for a traditional downtown chain hotel.

Stayed August 2014
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Seriously people, hotels like any other business are going to have bad days. I have nothing but good things to say. I stayed on the 17th floor overlooking the river . My view was amazing!! My room was as clean as a pen and nicely appointed. I love the sofa that was in my room. It had a chenille fabric on it and was very comfortable. My bathroom was small but functional and the water pressure in the shower was perfect! Every staff member I came in to contact with was very friendly. I want to go back for a long weekend!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Fort Smith, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Has anyone been to the old Peabody Hotel in Little Rock since Marriott took it over? My wife checked in on Sunday, August 3rd. Monday morning there was no hot water in the entire hotel ALL DAY. She had to take an absolutely cold shower Monday morning. There was no apology, no compensation of any kind. When it was first discovered, they gave my wife another room that morning, but it didn’t matter. Also, Sunday night there was no internet, and they told her they couldn’t do anything about it because they “would have to go into another guest’s room to reboot it”. What’s with that?? Also, the key card to the second room would not work and it took her going down to the front desk THREE TIMES before they got it to work. Then, when she got back to her room that evening, the room had not been cleaned. Sure, the bed had not been slept in, but the bathroom and shower had been used (dirty towels, wash cloth, etc.). Again, no apology, nothing but “We’ll be sure and get it in the morning”. Tuesday night the red message lights on both phones flashed...the front desk didn't know how to turn them off.

I joined my wife for Thursday and Friday.

The new décor and atmosphere in the hotel is AWFUL! It’s the perfect example of poor taste and coldness. When the hotel was The Peabody, everything was cheerful, a warm atmosphere with southern hospitality and graciousness. It is the exact opposite now. Everything is ultra, poor taste modern, in greys and black. The furniture is ridiculous. The bed is not even close to as good. The lighting is all fluorescent. Even the music playing in the lobby is dark, lonely, and completely inappropriate.

Now, here’s the icing on the cake. While our NEW car was in the possession of valet parking, damage occurred to the right front. My estimation at this time is about $2,000.00. Someone had run into a post or something and at the same time had gotten up on a curb and in backing back off of it, had pulled the whole right front bumper loose. The fog light was almost completely pulled out. Then they had pushed it all back in hoping it wouldn’t be noticed. Pretty stupid (not to mention fraudulent) since there were scratches and blue paint on it. The only thing good about this is that the valet manager was very apologetic and courteous. He did the paperwork and assured us it would be taken care of and that we would be contacted by his supervisor Friday morning. No surprise, the valet company is under contract and NOT part of Marriott.

Thursday night…the sheets keep coming off the bed (and nothing is being done to cause it) – they don’t fit .

Friday morning…the hot water is luke warm at best. Also, the check-out form that was slid under the door this morning has our room billed to our Amex card. The hotel has CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS that our room is direct billed to my wife’s place of business – another screwup!

Well, I thought our nightmare at the Marriott in Little Rock was over, but it's not! The valet parking company that damaged our car is refusing to pay for getting it fixed. Apparently none of the employees would own up to doing the damage, and since we didn't notice the damage when we first picked the car up, they say we can't prove that they did it. I think we could if we had to, because there is paint from the parking garage on our car. I wish I had enough money to take them to court, just to make them pay for what they did. What will actually happen is we will get it fixed, pay our $500 deductible, have our insurance rates go up, and they will get away scott-free with wrecking our car. STAY AWAY FROM THE MARRIOTT IN LITTLE ROCK!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Nacogdoches
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Lloyd the shuttle driver is great. He took me and my 2 friends from the Merriot on the river to another of Merriot's properties where we were staying. Along the way he told us the history of places and events in the area of downtown. He has a wealth of knowledge about Little Rock and was happy to share it with us.

• Stayed August 2014
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We are staying in room 511 at the filing of this review. I went downstairs to put coin for my car park. I saw small coffee table at the front with small breakfast items ( juice, fruits, midden etc). I inquired with the front desk (Mr. Kevin) that is this breakfast complementary and he replied "yes it is". My wife and daughter went downstairs and were taking items in their plates and from somewhere a women (Cassandra) showed up and loudly said that this is only for guest staying for some golf game. Not only she was loud Infront of so many people, she actually took the plates out of my wife and daughter's hands. They felt so embarrassed and humiliated Infront of so many people. I have reported the matter to the manager. Hotel spent $16mm on upgrade, maybe they should spend $16,000 only on training the staff. This would never ever happen at a low quality hotel. Feeling disgusted and so humiliated. Even if the hotel manager excuses now, the feeling of being humiliated Infront of so many people cannot be reverted back.

• Stayed August 2014
travelgirl3644
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First, I stayed here in the middle of august, and the hotel is still under renovation. Pulling in with the car was a bit of a cluster but otherwise, no issues with the renovation process.

I did get a high floor with a view of the river. Beautiful view of the sunset with a wide window to watch it. It was a remodeled room and it's beautiful. Perfect location of the tv to lay in bed and watch it.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Little Rock Marriott? Share your experiences!