“Nightmare on Markham” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Little Rock Marriott

Save Saved
You added Little Rock Marriott to your Saves list
Little Rock Marriott
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Statehouse Plaza, Little Rock, AR 72201 (Formerly The Peabody Little Rock)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #29 of 56 hotels in Little Rock
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Nightmare on Markham”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Has anyone been to the old Peabody Hotel in Little Rock since Marriott took it over? My wife checked in on Sunday, August 3rd. Monday morning there was no hot water in the entire hotel ALL DAY. She had to take an absolutely cold shower Monday morning. There was no apology, no compensation of any kind. When it was first discovered, they gave my wife another room that morning, but it didn’t matter. Also, Sunday night there was no internet, and they told her they couldn’t do anything about it because they “would have to go into another guest’s room to reboot it”. What’s with that?? Also, the key card to the second room would not work and it took her going down to the front desk THREE TIMES before they got it to work. Then, when she got back to her room that evening, the room had not been cleaned. Sure, the bed had not been slept in, but the bathroom and shower had been used (dirty towels, wash cloth, etc.). Again, no apology, nothing but “We’ll be sure and get it in the morning”. Tuesday night the red message lights on both phones flashed...the front desk didn't know how to turn them off.

I joined my wife for Thursday and Friday.

The new décor and atmosphere in the hotel is AWFUL! It’s the perfect example of poor taste and coldness. When the hotel was The Peabody, everything was cheerful, a warm atmosphere with southern hospitality and graciousness. It is the exact opposite now. Everything is ultra, poor taste modern, in greys and black. The furniture is ridiculous. The bed is not even close to as good. The lighting is all fluorescent. Even the music playing in the lobby is dark, lonely, and completely inappropriate.

Now, here’s the icing on the cake. While our NEW car was in the possession of valet parking, damage occurred to the right front. My estimation at this time is about $2,000.00. Someone had run into a post or something and at the same time had gotten up on a curb and in backing back off of it, had pulled the whole right front bumper loose. The fog light was almost completely pulled out. Then they had pushed it all back in hoping it wouldn’t be noticed. Pretty stupid (not to mention fraudulent) since there were scratches and blue paint on it. The only thing good about this is that the valet manager was very apologetic and courteous. He did the paperwork and assured us it would be taken care of and that we would be contacted by his supervisor Friday morning. No surprise, the valet company is under contract and NOT part of Marriott.

Thursday night…the sheets keep coming off the bed (and nothing is being done to cause it) – they don’t fit .

Friday morning…the hot water is luke warm at best. Also, the check-out form that was slid under the door this morning has our room billed to our Amex card. The hotel has CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS that our room is direct billed to my wife’s place of business – another screwup!

Well, I thought our nightmare at the Marriott in Little Rock was over, but it's not! The valet parking company that damaged our car is refusing to pay for getting it fixed. Apparently none of the employees would own up to doing the damage, and since we didn't notice the damage when we first picked the car up, they say we can't prove that they did it. I think we could if we had to, because there is paint from the parking garage on our car. I wish I had enough money to take them to court, just to make them pay for what they did. What will actually happen is we will get it fixed, pay our $500 deductible, have our insurance rates go up, and they will get away scott-free with wrecking our car. STAY AWAY FROM THE MARRIOTT IN LITTLE ROCK!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Nacogdoches
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Lloyd the shuttle driver is great. He took me and my 2 friends from the Merriot on the river to another of Merriot's properties where we were staying. Along the way he told us the history of places and events in the area of downtown. He has a wealth of knowledge about Little Rock and was happy to share it with us.

• Stayed August 2014
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

We are staying in room 511 at the filing of this review. I went downstairs to put coin for my car park. I saw small coffee table at the front with small breakfast items ( juice, fruits, midden etc). I inquired with the front desk (Mr. Kevin) that is this breakfast complementary and he replied "yes it is". My wife and daughter went downstairs and were taking items in their plates and from somewhere a women (Cassandra) showed up and loudly said that this is only for guest staying for some golf game. Not only she was loud Infront of so many people, she actually took the plates out of my wife and daughter's hands. They felt so embarrassed and humiliated Infront of so many people. I have reported the matter to the manager. Hotel spent $16mm on upgrade, maybe they should spend $16,000 only on training the staff. This would never ever happen at a low quality hotel. Feeling disgusted and so humiliated. Even if the hotel manager excuses now, the feeling of being humiliated Infront of so many people cannot be reverted back.

• Stayed August 2014
travelgirl3644
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

First, I stayed here in the middle of august, and the hotel is still under renovation. Pulling in with the car was a bit of a cluster but otherwise, no issues with the renovation process.

I did get a high floor with a view of the river. Beautiful view of the sunset with a wide window to watch it. It was a remodeled room and it's beautiful. Perfect location of the tv to lay in bed and watch it.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hot Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When this was the Peabody, it was not worth the price at all. Now that the Marriott has taken over it has improved tremendously. The rooms have been updated. The hotel gym is better than many hotel gyms I have seen. Food is extremely expensive as well as the valet parking. Watch your bill also. They charged me twice in one day for the valet parking. Even though everyone there was very nice, every male employee I passed from my car to my room passed by me without offering help with my bags (all of the bell boy carts were in use apparently). I am a in shape 5'3" female that had 5-6 big bags that I had to carry. Not a single bell boy offered to help. There was one that was pushing another guests cart yet he wouldn't even allow me to go ahead of him on the elevator. To me that is just being a gentleman much less an employee of a guest relations type establishment. But, I will definitely stay here again. I don't need a man's help anyway :)

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
orion1782
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed in the Little Rock Marriott for a business trip in late July 2014. The Marriott is just finishing up a renovation that has actually made the hotel pretty up to date even in much bigger cities when you stack this one up to others. The few issues i had with my room were that my Dish Network reception not functioning for 2 days due to a contractor snafu, which effectively meant I had no tv the first 3 days or so I stayed there. They eventually did fix it, and they gave me a substantial break on the final bill, in addition to meal vouchers and bonus points. I left feeling like they made an effort to try and atone for it, and appreciated it. I would definitely stay here again, my room overlooked the river and the double AA ballpark that Little Rock has across the river. Very suitable for business travel- walkable to the downtown pubs and restaurants and to President Clinton's library.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The BF and I came into town to visit friends. We booked this hotel due mainly to location. It was perfect. Close to the club we went to (Trinity) and right I'm the middle of downtown. The staff was excellent and friendly, the hotel was clean and had a very upscale and modern feeling.. It is undergoing renovation so I'm sure it'll be even better when complete. The room was amazing and very comfortable. Only thing is there is no provided parking area. You either valet for 22$ a night or if on a weekend get lucky and find parking on the street which is what we did. All in all an AMAZING stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Little Rock Marriott? Share your experiences!