“Nice updates” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Little Rock Marriott

Save Saved
You added Little Rock Marriott to your Saves list
Little Rock Marriott
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Statehouse Plaza, Little Rock, AR 72201 (Formerly The Peabody Little Rock)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #30 of 56 hotels in Little Rock
Austin, Texas
“Nice updates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

They aren't finished yet, and yes, the lobby is under construction, but the rooms they have completed are beautiful. The front desk staff is very helpful. The location for business downtown is excellent. I didn't hear any noise from the construction. I'll be back.

Stayed July 2014

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

I travel for work a lot and stay in a lot of hotels. Decided to upgrade thinking this was a better chain. Got a Marriott rewards card. But not sure if I will use it again.

Paid $300 for 1 night. VIP for the 4th of July Extravaganza. Not real happy with my choice.

1) Did express check in with my marriott app. Still had to stand in line and wait to check in. This saved me time how?
2) got to our room and we did not have a river view as requested. Had to go all the way back to the lobby and stand in line again to switch rooms.
3) got up charged for the river view room.
4) although the room was "decent" it was not near what I expected for what I paid. I've stayed in nicer rooms for less money
5) I paid EXTRA for VIP tickets for no reason at all. There was absolutely nothing VIP about it. There was no "private seating area" as stated in the ad. Nothing. Period. This upset me more then anything. Why charge me more for nothing? I received nothing paying for VIP tickets. We still had to fight for seats with everyone else in the same place. Same food. Same seats. Same everything. (FYI one of the roof top patios would make a better viewing area)
6) the food was very disappointing. I was expecting BBQ as listed. I got burger patties straight out of a box. The hot dogs were cold. Was expecting better food
7) the "bar" was a 4' long Mobile bar with very limited choices and charged way too much. $6 bottles and $10 drinks. $80 later.....
8) had to stand in line for 45 mins for breakfast. Really??? A hotel this size with this many guests and u only have 10 tables??
9) got charged for valet service when it clearly stated on the ad that it was included in package... Not happy

Yes I'm beating them up. But my VIP package was far from VIP.
$250 for the package plus an extra $50 for my 8 yo son plus bar tab plus charged for valet. I was expecting more then I received.
I will add the band was nice. Had a beer with pool boy from 107.7.
All the staff was friendly
They kept people without tickets from our area.
Our room was clean. Just not as nice as I expected.
The kids loved the ballon guy and the Magian
Photo booth sucked. We had to stair straight into the sun. Pics turned out bad because of this.

All n all we had a decent time. Could have been better. Haven't decided if we are coming back yet.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Morrilton, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel for my husband's Christmas party and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The room was nice and spacious, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and this hotel is close to the nightlife of the Rivermarket. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2013
Carlsbad, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed two nights here. First night was awful. I was put on 5th floor. Room was a little dirty (toilet seat and carpet). Sheets were clean thiugh. Construction on 6th floor started at 6:40 AM. Very loud moving of something large and lots of things hitting floor. Power tools started before 8. I asked to be moved away from construction on my second night. This room was completely different. Much cleaner and modern. No noises the second night. Only problem the last night is that my breakfast request that was put out early evening was lost and they did not bring my breakfast. Overall an average experience. I do expect better from a Marriott.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Russellville, Arkansas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was in town for a convention at the Marriott. Upon arrival I was shocked to see the state of the lobby and several floors of the hotel. It was a construction zone. Restaurants, lobby bar, etc. were all closed. I was one of the unlucky people who was housed on one of the un-renovated floors. The television did not work, the carpet was stained and filthy. The bathroom sink was cracked. I asked to see a Manager about the problem three times and he was always out of the office or otherwise busy. However, the clerk at the front desk told me there were about 14 other rooms experiencing the same problem. (I guess this was supposed to make me feel better!) They did not have enough staff at the front desk and the conference services staff was poorly trained. I've never seen as many trays of food dropped at a conference lunch and dinner. I know that a large conference and hotel undergoing major construction is a recipe for disaster - but the Marriott is usually better than this. I am extremely disappointed. Another professional association I am a member of is having a conference at the Marriott in October. I will be staying across the street. On one positive note the valet staff were all extremely nice and helpful. They were the only cohesive team in the entire hotel.

Room Tip: If you do decide to try this one make sure you are placed in one of the renovated rooms! Don't...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were surprised when we arrived and the entire hotel was under construction. We were in a 'remodeled' room, but the entire lobby, bar and hallways were all torn up, being painted, bare floors, fumes, dust & dirt. The main surprise was that we did not know, but once we were made aware we were shocked at how dirty it was. The service was nice and the work out room was clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room not near construction
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hot Springs, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When our key cards did not work to open the door, we returned to the lobby for assistance. The ride in the glass elevators always give me a thrill, but my friend cannot walk well and was ready to relax in her room, not return to the lobby.

Another set of key cards were issued and mine worked so we entered and rested. After much walking around our conference in the adjoining convention center, my friend returned to her room and her key card did not work. She called down to the lobby on her mobile phone and they made her return to the lobby - again.

Long story short, after three trips to the lobby she finally had to ask that someone be sent up to help her as she could walk no further.

They offered her a free bottle of water from the room (they are laid out on the coffee tray as if they are complimentary but have a small price on their hang tags that says $3)

The hotel has since comped her room after our return and her letter writing, but I expect much better service from a Marriott. I've never been disappointed with a Marriott hotel or any of its affiliates (Residence Inn) but I was disappointed with the slow service and small room and felt ignored by the staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Little Rock Marriott? Share your experiences!