“Under a Much Needed Renovation” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #27 of 60 Hotels in Little Rock
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Under a Much Needed Renovation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I agree with other reviewers that this hotel was once grand and is definitely in need of the current renovation. The hotel lobby and carpets are old worn, dirty and dated. However, clearly Marriott is resurrecting this property! Our room was comfortable and had a great view of the Capitol. My only complaint is that housekeeping did not adequately clean my room. The duvet was pulled on top of the bed with the pillows however the sheet was left crumpled at the foot of the bed. I find that completely unacceptable for this caliber of hotel. The hotel is perfect for the convention center and we stay each year for volleyball tournament. I will definitely stay again and look forward to seeing the finished product!

Stayed March 2014
Tony C, Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Allstarbaseballmom,
thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay. I have reviewed your houskeeping concerns and discussed with the deprtment proper bed making. We are excited about our 16 million dollar rennovaton and look for to showcasing our property on your next volleyball tournament.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Taylor Ridge, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We visited when the hotel was under major reconstruction so checking in was a little awkward but the excellent, courteous service more than made up for it. A beautiful river view, decent restaurant(made even better because they offered freshly made pralines gratis made for a nice evening.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding our service and we appreciate your undrstanding during our renovation process. We look forward to showcasing our new hotel and look forward to having you stay with us again

Tony Contigiani
Dickerson, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

My overall impression of the hotel is that it has good bones, but is greatly in need of the current renovation. The room I had was not bad per se, but had glaring faults, such as the mismatch between the flat screen tv and the entertainment cabinet it was perched atop, the burned out light in the bathroom and the leaky bathtub faucet. The service had issues as we'll; the initial room I was given on checkin was occupied. While this was remedied immediately, needless to say the first thing I did upon getting to my new, empty room was to throw the deadbolt and latch the door. I didn't notice that the sign on the water bottle left in the room said they were going to charge me $3 for it until I was halfway through it; this cries out ill intent and shameless profiteering to me. I normally don't stay in a lot of Marriotts and this experience doesn't really make me want to do so for future stays. But for the service issues, I would say give this place a try when the construction is done; as it is I wouldn't recommend this one. It's a shame because the building seems so nice.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Eric B.
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay. We are excited to say our 16 million dollar renovation is well under way and will be completed in June. This will address the placement of our 42" screens as they willbe wall mounted for better viewing. Also we will rennovate our guest bathrooms. My apologies for the misunderstanding on our in room water sales. Should your travel plans include returning to Little Rock, plsease contact me. It is our desire to provide you with an excellent stay.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed in this hotel recently. As others have noted, it is going through a major renovation. My impressions take that into account. As long as you know you are staying in a construction zone, this is a great hotel. The staff is awesome!

I actually stayed two different nights in two different rooms. Both were newly renovated. All I can say is, "Wow!" Someone put much thought into this room. It's gorgeous, yet, at the same time, very warm. The beds were outstandingly comfortable. The coolest feature: LED lights on the floor near the bed that gently lit when you started to get out of bed. What a great idea! The furniture is open and the TV is mounted on the wall, giving the room an airier feel.

The bathroom has a pedestal sink, which I've never understood, as it gives no room for the stuff you use to get ready in the morning, but there is a large shelf just to your side which makes up for that. The tub was glisteningly clean. The closet is very small, but who needs a huge closet in a hotel room? I'd rather have more floor space that extra room to hang two suits, five shirts and a coat.

The Concierge Lounge was very nice, with more food in the evening than most. There does appear to be fewer tables than in most CLs, but maybe based on the number of people using the lounge it's okay. I was always able to get a table in the lounge while I was there.

I had both views and, unlike the previous poster, liked the city view better. It had a perfect view of the Capital.

The internet was slow the first night. I complained to the front desk and the manager said he would look into it. I wasn't holding my breath, but I was wrong. He did, and the next day told me their provider found the issue and fixed it. The second night, the WiFi was blisteringly fast. You gotta love a hotel that has employees that get to the problem and have it fixed. Things go wrong. Knowing the hotel will take care of what goes wrong is the best service the hotel's employees can provide.

FWIW, my other interactions with the hotel staff were equally remarkable. Which brings me to this point: Yes, the hotel is a construction zone right now, but the employees are doing everything within their power to make guests comfortable in light of that. So even though there isn't a lobby, there is a make-shift front desk, you hear light construction noises during the day, etc., it's still a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The renovated rooms are swank.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DavidJachetta, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, December 27, 2014
CJKatl, wow! thank you for your feedback! We very much appreciate your choosing to stay with us as we know you have many options when you travel. You will be happy to know that our renovations are complete and we do hope that you willbe back in Little Rock soon.
atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I want to preface this review by saying that I have never written a negative review, but here goes....I recently stayed with my daughter and sister at the Marriott for a volleyball tournament. This is a list of the problems we encountered:

Cons:

*Upon entering the lobby, I realized that the hotel was under complete construction (although our room had been booked for months, we were never told this). There were jackhammers, tarps hanging everywhere, no idea where to check in....

*Check in was at three, but I was made to come back twice and my room was finally ready at 5:30.

*Upon checking in, I was given a king room. When asked why I was not being given the double beds that were booked, I was told it was because I had not actually spoken to an agent over the phone and "promised" the rooms. Apparently, when you book a room one can't assume that you will be given the room that you asked for. Also, they were out of roll away beds and there are no couches in the rooms.

*The man checking in before me was given a free room down the street at the DoubleTree (plus 25k Marriott points) because he was also mistakenly booked in a king and they were out of doubles. When I inquired as to why I couldn't be booked down the street with the same deal, I was told because he was promised over the phone that he would have a double room. Guess I should've said the same?

*Another friend checking in at 10:30 the same night as me was given a double room. This is when I went to the lobby to complain.

*Valet parking was $20/day and we were made to move our cars to a nearby garage (in the rain) on Sunday because our tournament lasted one hour past the time limit. Instead of offering us the chance to leave our cars for the extra hour, we were told we would all be charged the extra fee. I moved because at this point, I wasn't giving them one extra dime.

Pros:

*This is the only reason I'm giving this review two stars....Upon complaining to the front desk, my rate was reduced by roughly $20 and I was given free breakfast. However, everyone I knew got free breakfast anyway. I asked for extra Marriott points (we are Silver status with Marriott- which obviously means nothing), but never received those either.

My parting advice - STAY NEXT DOOR AT THE CAPITAL!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
BillFontes, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced while at our hotel.

I understand how frustrating it must have been to not be able to check in at the time you were told and also not to have the double beds like requested. After receiving your reviews, we have addressed these issues with the right department and are working to get them fixed.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we will use it to better the operations of our hotel. I hope that you will give us another try the next time you visit Little Rock.

Bill Fontes
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed here for one night during the week this hotel kicked their renovation of the Peabody -- removing the duck pond fountain and overhauling the lobby. It was a little noisy and chopped up, but the staff was great and the room comfortable. I hope the renovation restores the character of the hotel and brings it up to date.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
red192, thank you for taking the time to share your hotel experience. I'd like to share that in September of this year we completed our renovation of the hotel. I'm very proud of the hotel and even more proud of the staff who help our guests have a comfortable stay. We do hope that you will be back soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Currently under construction, Marriott employees went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. I wanted to buy a snack at 3 pm, and both the Starbucks and the gift store were closed, the concierge went in the kitchen and brought me back fresh cookies free of charge. That made my day.
Only issue I had is that vending machines on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th floor did not accept bills, finally the 8th floor vending machine took my dollars.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for you for commenting on our service. We are delighted that your stay with the Little Rock Marriott was enjoyable. We look forward to serving you again soon . Also I have corrected the vending machines.

Been to Little Rock Marriott? Share your experiences!