I was here for four nights and, overall, it was fine. I just had a few gripes/recommendations.
My biggest gripe is with the internet. The hotel offers free internet but it would automatically disconnect every 15 minutes. I would be in the middle of typing an e-mail and then I'd receive notification that I was no longer connected to the internet. It was extremely annoying!!! When you log into the system for the first time, you have the option of clicking on the free internet service or using a faster speed service for $12.95 a day. Maybe this automatic disconnect was a way for the hotel to urge people to use the paid service. It would have been nice to know that if I used the free service, that I'd have to agree to the terms of usage every 15 minutes and that I'd be disconnected. Customers need to be told that when they check in or make it obvious when they sign in for the first time.
When I arrived at 11:00PM that evening, there was only one king-bed room remaining. The worker asked if I would accept a handicapped accessible room and I said "Sure!" Because of that, the room and bathroom were especially spacious. The bathroom, though, needed some work. The shower curtain didn't touch the floor and water went all over the bathroom floor, even though the curtain was from wall to wall. The shower area was a walk-in shower, since it was for disabled guests, but the hotel either needs to lower the shower curtain in these rooms or find longer curtains. Also, there was no fan in the bathroom. I think all bathrooms should have lights and fans.
I was surprised that there was no pool. In my opinion, this was an upscale hotel and I was just shocked that there wasn't a pool of some sort. Everyone, leave the swimsuits at home :(
I also couldn't find a piece of paper in the room that listed the channels. After you turned on the TV, a guide appeared...but I think it would have been nice if there was a sheet of paper that listed the channels next to the remote control.
I do think the parking price is steep at $20 a day, especially when the parking isn't even in a garage. If you do drive to the hotel, like I did, be sure to give the hotel plenty of time to get your car. I gave them an hour's notice and it worked perfectly for me.
I do think the rooms need a fridge. Is that part of the remodeling? Just an FYI, there isn't a grocery store near the hotel but it's not the Marriott's fault.
There are plenty of positives for this hotel, too. The location is absolutely fabulous. You can walk to so many museums, restaurants and attractions. Once you park the car, you won't need it again until you leave. I found the staff to be extremely friendly and the hotel really clean. You can also get a free local paper, if you like. Just go to the front desk and you will receive a free copy of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. I didn't use it, but I read that there is a complimentary shuttle to the airport.
I will certainly stay at this hotel again but it would be great if some things were changed before my next visit. I read that the hotel is undergoing a major renovation and I look forward to seeing the results.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Little Rock Hotel Little Rock
- The Peabody Little Rock Hotel
- Peabody Hotel Little Rock
- Peabody Little Rock
- Peabody Little Rock Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Encounter a renowned Little Rock hotel combining the epitome of luxury and convenience at the Little Rock Marriott, an Arkansas landmark as the state's only full-service Marriott. Located downtown and in the heart of the River Market District, our hotel in Little Rock provides the perfect place to stay during your visit to 'The Natural State.' With deluxe amenities and stylish décor, the Little Rock Marriott offers excellent service and accommodations for both business and leisure travelers alike. Premier among Little Rock hotels, the 418-room Marriott offers a fully equipped fitness center, a Italian restaurant, lounge and attached Cigar bar. With 260,000 square feet of versatile event space, this Little Rock luxury hotel creates a distinguished setting for lucrative business engagements, cherished social gatherings, and elegant wedding receptions. Depart from the ordinary and discover all that this luxury hotel has to offer while planning your Little Rock business travel or vacation stay today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Little Rock Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.