“Bring Back the Peabody” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
Memphis, Tennessee
“Bring Back the Peabody”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My room was sub par and the service was lacking. I usually avoid Marriott locations and this is another to add to that avoid list. The shower had used toiletry items in it when I arrived and the shower curtain had some weird stain that looked like mold. When I advised the staff thinking they would resolve and comp my room; I was told they would look into it and that was the last I heard. Avoid the trouble and find a local Hilton property.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
John T, Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We are currently in the process of a 17 million dollar renovation which should address some of your concerns. I will pass on your comments to the Management team so that we can correct the deficiencies you experienced.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope that you will give us another try the next time you visit Little Rock. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance.

John Thomas
Director of Rooms
501-399-8002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Hot Springs, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I went on valentines and the room was great, valet was great, everyone was nice, everything was clean. The major problem we had was service. We went to get breakfast and it took 8 minutes for someone to seat us and then no one came to take our order we had to get a manager and even then the service sucked.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and Valet. I am sorry that your experience during breakfast was not as enjoyable. I would be frustrated if I had to wait that long to be seated also. We will be following up with the Staff working that morning and sharing your feedback.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will join us again and experience the 17 million dollar renovation we are undergoing. Please feel free to call upon me personally if I can ever be of assistance.

John Thomas
Director of Rooms
501-399-8002

Duchesne, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We arrived on valentines day, we had gotten the romance package and had booked an executive suite. We arrived a little after 1pm and valet took the car, we walked into the lobby and were greatest by a nice man who walked us to the desk and started our check in process. We received our room keys and we were informed of our package details (6 long stem roses, chocolates, champagne, one night free valet parking ($20 a day), and $50 food and beverage voucher for room service or the pancetta fine dining (not for alcoholic beverages). We headed up to our room. After riding up the marvelous elevator to the 16th floor, we found our room an was surprised that it had only a king bed. I called down to the desk and asked what type of room we were actually in and was informed it was a comfort king room with a skyline view. We had reserved a executive suite, or so I thought. Come to find out the main reservations screwed up and reserved the wrong room. Not to worry though, when I raised my concern the manager quickly moved us into an executive suite, sending a bell hop up to retrieve our bags and bring our keys. He walked us over to our new room and placed our bags in the room then proceeded to fill our ice bucket and asked if we needed anything else and made sure the room was what we were expecting. Once we settled in, I called down to make sure we would be receiving our package gifts in the room or if we would have to go get them, I was told it would be brought up to the room. Around 4pm still no gifts, so we left to head to dinner to miss the crowds. After dinner and a short drive, we came back to our room around 6:30pm and still no gifts. I again called down and the desk apologized, saying they would have someone bring it up shortly. We are sitting here now 7pm and still no gifts. :(
The perks, the couch and chairs are comfy, the bedding is soft and inviting, the bathroom has granite countertops and plush towels, and high end lotion and soaps. All in all we have been pleased with the politeness of the staff and how attentive they are. If tonight changes my mind, I'll be posting another review...

• Stayed February 2014
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This downtown upscale hotel has an airport shuttle saving us the cost of both a rental car and parking. It is convenient to the lively River Market and museums. The shuttle also transports guests to local restaurants. The rooms are spacious, beds comfortable and amenities nice. The service is friendly and efficient. They have a lot of black tie events at the hotel so obviously the locals give it high marks as well. We will definitely be back!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed over a weekend on business. The room was excellent overlooking the river. Enough towels were provided for the two of us. Large HD TV, comfy king size bed, desk and chair, free wireless Internet, lounge chair and foot stool, lots of storage drawers, toiletries were also good. Staff were friendly and attentive.

Panchetta restaurant and Starbucks is all that is available there. In room coffee service did not include napkins. Electric outlets for my bipap machine were not accessible near the either nightstand- I had to pull out the lounge chair in order to locate one. Our room was quite warm and stuffy when upon arrival and we quickly re-adjusted the thermostat.

Conference attendance was downstairs. Food was good quality with an attentive staff.

Prior to pulling up to the hotel, we drove around to scout out parking options. I parked within one block of the hotel on the street with no meters parallel with a streetcar line. Be careful to park within the lines to avoid getting towed.

Room Tip: We greatly enjoyed being high up on the river side.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Canmore, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Excellent location downtown and within walking distance to darn near everything in Little Rock. I'd recommend it to people who are here for the first time as it offers the sense of history and southern charm one would expect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Leland, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I had a great stay here for a convention...excellent group rates. I had an unusual experience. The second night I was there, I was very hungry late at night (had not eaten enough at the catered hors d'oeuvres in the exhibit hall) and could not find a snack vending machine. One bellman quietly took me to the staff area, where I got something out of their machine. He also indicated that there were some desserts leftover from the convention that they would simply have to throw away; they were wrapped and perfectly fresh, so help yourself! I also had a chance to observe the motivational materials they post on the staff whiteboard near the break area, which showed me that they really take customer care seriously. Maybe this is part of the deal, but i was impressed. Oh and the breakfast buffet was excellent also. I'd stay there again..no question about it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Little Rock Marriott? Share your experiences!