“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Little Rock
Memphis, Tennessee
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Comfortable rooms, good air condition, great river view. Needs foam pillows. Great breakfast buffet. Service was excellent. Wonderful room service. Wine prices too high. La Crema at $20 per glass? Otherwise a nice experience.

Room Tip: Ask for river view on 19th floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BillFontes, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, Memphisbelle2013, and a BIG Thank You for staying with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we hope you come stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

When we first booked this vacation , the hotel was The Peabody , which was famous for the Peabody Ducks. No one let us know that Marriott bought the hotel and the ducks were no longer there. Big disappointment. The room was nice & comfortable , the manager tried to sell us on how nice the flatscreen tv was since there weren't any ducks. We went to the RIverfest Music Festival which was great .

Room Tip: Since the hotel was recently renovated , I would guess that most rooms are good. You should ask for...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kimodo23, We are excited to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and was able to take advantage of our local attractions. So sorry that we no longer have the ducks but we are glad that you still enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you come stay with us again in the future.
Landstuhl, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Peabody in Little Rock, Arkansas, and I would stay again in a heartbeat. This is one of my favorite places to stay in the country. I travel frequently, and I love this hotel. It is the standard by which I judge other hotels. This hotel has a fabulous (albeit expensive) breakfast buffet, it has live music sometimes on the outdoor bar, it has a DUCK PARADE, and it has beautiful views of the Arkansas River. I have stayed in other hotels in Little Rock but this one is my favorite. The service has always been wonderful, the rooms were clean, and it is just such a beautiful property. The gym was very nice, as well. I once went to this hotel as a part of a 200+ group of military personnel in town on an exercise, and a substantial number of us were able to work out in the morning, without needing to wait for any of the equipment. If that's not a good test of a gym's quality, I don't know what is.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the river.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sarah G. Thank you for your feedback. We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we hope you come stay with us again in the future.
Squamish, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Whenever possible I stay in smaller, character hotels but not an option this time. This Marriott is old enough to have some character, nobody will ever build a lobby/atrium like this again ever. Staff were very friendly and helpful, A/C can be turned down in the room, the Friday night jazz was fantastic, riverview outstanding. Close to the riverfront trail for a morning walk, close to the business that we were doing downtown. Thanks,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BillFontes, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Rob, Thank you for choosing us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to take advantage of all that downtown Little Rock has to offer. We hope you choose our hotel to stay at in the future!
Republic, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed here in June for a conference I was attending. Check in took nearly an hour because they lost our reservation and couldn't find the credit card information we had used to reserve the room with. Once that was resolved we asked the woman working the front desk for restaurant recommendations and she didn't have any because "she doesn't live in this area". The hotel is old and needs major updating. The entire place has a strong foul odor. The fitness room was out of towels every morning and the bathrooms by the meeting rooms were not maintained, they were always out of soap and toilet paper. The worst part was one night I ordered a martini at the bar and it cost $8. Two nights later it was $17 because of the 32.5% sales tax and the martini itself costing more. I had no idea tax was this high and feel like guests should be made aware of this when ordering. I will not return to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Travelerjen01, Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate your response it is critical to improving our guest's experience. We do apologize that your experience was not up to par and we will work hard to improve the service by our associates. You're feedback is a gift to help us improve our standards.
cattjer812
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a large event held by an organization I am a part of. It is very convenient to stay here if you need to go to the convention center, as it is downstairs. Room service forgot to replenish the coffee, but as soon as I asked housekeeping it was resolved and they left extra. The restaurant is very overpriced- go to the river market or local restaurants instead. All in all, a clean room in a great location.

• Stayed July 2013
BillFontes, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We are very pleased to hear you had a good stay. We are glad you were able to get coffee replensihed in your room. We hope you enjoyed Little Rock and all it has to offer and hope you choose our hotel to stay at in the future!
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed here recently over the Independence Day holiday and a terrible initial impression when I called for a shuttle from the airport. I was told by T. Davis it would be there in several minutes. After 30 minutes without seeing a shuttle I called and was told by the same person it should be there and she would check with the driver. She said that I could take a cab and "maybe" I would be reimbursed. I waited another 15 minutes, a friend who was already at the hotel asked at the desk what was going on to no avail. Finally another shuttle driver from another hotel asked me if I needed a ride because he had come around several times and saw me sitting there. When I arrived at the hotel, no one asked how I got there or about reimbursing me. The hotel building is very nice with a nice lobby. It is connected to the convention center and located in the riverfront area with a park and walking trail. The gym area is small but adequate. There is no spa. I had a room on the concierge level. My room had a great view but the rug was dirty, the chair was worn, the couch was torn and the wall paper was peeling. The first day that the cleaning service came they did not replenish all the supplies in the coffee maker, the next day they took the hotel robe that I left on the bed and did not leave any cups. I called and made the desk aware that the robe was taken ( I did not want to be charged) and I had no cups. I was told not to worry about the robe, they would send another robe (which I did not ask for or need) and cups. They sent cups but no robe. I went to the desk and the man at the desk assured me I should not worry about the robe and he would send "2" robes to the room. They were never sent. On the third day I noted they had not replaced the wash cloths. I called down and asked for wash cloths and they never came. When I got back to my room there were four extra bath towels on my bed. I finally got a wash cloth from a friend in another room. I finally put a '"do not disturb" sign on my room so the cleaning people would not come in. I asked someone at the desk if they had a concierge and she referred me to the lounge on the upper floor. I let her know I was speaking of the person who helps arrange trips etc and she stared back at me with a dazed look. The concierge lounge was very nice and the staff was very nice and extremely gracious. Unfortunately they closed the lounge for the last two days I was there without any notification, alternative for breakfast or discount on my bill. I went to breakfast in the hotel restaurant which was a fiasco. When we were seated we were told that our waiter would be with us shortly. The waiter never came. Our orders were taken by a woman who appeared to the be the hostess. She came by rarely and we waited a very long time for things that were not on the buffet. When I asked for the check that took at least 15 minutes and was not correct. I signed and waited for her to come back but she did not so I left it on the table. I was later told that they had given several staff the day off for the holiday bc they did not expect a lot of people. ? Now I have a charge on my bill which I cannot identify. I wonder if this is for the robe. I have called but the billing staff is not available right now and I will have to call back. Overall my trip went well but the overall hotel service was not on the list of high points.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 01 side have a great view of the river and bridges.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
BillFontes, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback trvldiva54. We appreciate your response because it is critical to improving our guest's experience. We do apologize that your experience was not up to par and we will work hard to improve the service by our associates. You're feedback is a gift to help us improve our standards.

Been to Little Rock Marriott? Share your experiences!