“Comfortable quality at Best Western” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Cedar City
Certificate of Excellence 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We came to this hotel because we stayed here before and had a good experience and especially because my children remembered the pool and wanted to have a nice swim in a warm indoor environment in the winter time. The windows to the pool room were not only opened, they were removed -missing. The room was so cold and miserable that we couldn't enjoy our swim. We did report our concern to management and they said it had to be that way for proper ventilation. I am not aware of any other indoor swimming pools that required windows to be removed. How about just improving the ventilation/circulation?
Also, breakfast was a joke. The food was ok, but only having one waffle maker in a hotel that hosts hundreds. I had to wait 20 minutes just for my turn to cook a waffle for my child. There was such a line behind me that I dared not cook another one for me.
Also, the morning shower water was frigid. My wife could only put her head in and the rest of the family opted to go without a shower. The manager told us one of the two boilers broke over the night and there was a large group at the hotel consuming the hot water.
I would have expected my stay should have been free, or at least a voucher for another future night so my opinions could be improved on another visit, but nothing. Well, the manager did give me his business card with an apology. He told me to contact him on my next stay and he'd do something for me. But c'mon, how uncomfortable is that for a guest to do, and what exactly would he have done? Quite a frustrating experience.
So, reason enough for not recommending this hotel to someone else?

Room Tip: I had a nice stay at the Abbey in just a block down the street -except their breakfast was too crowd...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BW_TownandCountry, Manager at BEST WESTERN Town & Country Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
First I would like to express my deepest apologizes for your bad experience. As a return customer you know from your previous stay, this is so uncharacteristic of our property. We are happy you enjoyed your first stay enough to come visit us again! We have taken your concerns to heart and will be making some adjustments! We do apologize one of our boilers went down for 45 Minutes and it happened to be when your wife tried to take a shower! We have corrected the problem and this should never happen again! We hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations!
Layton, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed here twice now with a group. In Nov 2012 our high school's swim team stayed here and now in March 2013, I coordinated the booking for our jr high's science olympiad trip. They were great to work with while booking our group. Both times we have had a great stay. The rooms are updated and the beds are comfortable. Both times our groups rooms were situated right near each other. The breakfast was great with many choices. The second time, our family came and our kids used the indoor pool. The hot tub was nice, the main pool was a little cold, but the kids didn't seem to care. The hotel is about one mile from Southern Utah University Campus. It was a very easy drive over there and very convenient. In November, we ate at the Sizzler that shares a parking lot with the South town side where we stayed. Very close and convenient.

Room Tip: The South Town section is near the indoor pool and the North Country section is near the outdoor poo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
BW_TownandCountry, Manager at BEST WESTERN Town & Country Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are so happy you and your groups have enjoyed both of their stays, as we have enjoyed having both groups stay with us! We hope we can help with the accommodations for you and your groups in the future!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here for our second time this past weekend for a snowboarding trip to Brian Head, and we were just as satisfied with this stay as the first one. We reserved one of the King Suites with the whirlpool tub in the living area--what a nice amenity! The girl at the front desk was very pleasant when we checked in and our room was immaculate. All of the staff we encountered during our stay were very pleasant and polite, and we enjoyed the hot breakfast the next morning. This is definitely my favorite place to stay in Cedar City.

Room Tip: The king whirlpool suites are a great choice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BW_TownandCountry, Manager at BEST WESTERN Town & Country Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
First I would like to give my full appreciation to you for your patronage! We hope we can serve you many more times when you visit Cedar City in the future and continue to be your favorite place to stay! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay again in our Whirl Pool Suite and the Full Hot Breakfast! It is so good to hear our guests say their encounters with our staff is a positive experience! Thank you for your review and we can't wait to see you on your next trip!
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

WE had stayed here 10 years ago and I decided to check it out based on Trip Advisor reviews. The rooms were defintely upgraded since we were last here and were really tricked out in the "Town" section of the hotel. My only regret was that I was unaware of the two sides and was not informed when I checked in. The breakfast offerings were good. There were several restaurants close by and within walking distance. I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask about the "Country" side of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
BW_TownandCountry, Manager at BEST WESTERN Town & Country Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We are so happy you came to visit us again! Thank you for the compliments on our renovation as we are a totally different hotel since the last time you visited! We are happy you enjoyed the Town section of the hotel and our amenities! We look forward to your next visit!
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I were in Cedar City for the Shakespearean Festival, and wanted to stay in a b&b but they were all sold out due to last minute booking. We found the Best Western close to the theaters and though it wasn't what we were originally looking for, was perfect for our trip. The rooms are very spacious and nicely kept and the bathrooms are very clean and have good bathroom amenities. Check in and check out was a breeze. The wifi signal isn't all that great, but I found that to be true everywhere as I couldn't get internet or any of my apps to work on my phone anywhere in the city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are so happy that we were the perfect fit for your trip and you were able to enjoy all of the amenities! We recently upgraded our Wifi so you shouldn't have any problems on your return trip! Hope to see you again soon!

Been to BEST WESTERN Town & Country Inn? Share your experiences!