We came to this hotel because we stayed here before and had a good experience and especially because my children remembered the pool and wanted to have a nice swim in a warm indoor environment in the winter time. The windows to the pool room were not only opened, they were removed -missing. The room was so cold and miserable that we couldn't enjoy our swim. We did report our concern to management and they said it had to be that way for proper ventilation. I am not aware of any other indoor swimming pools that required windows to be removed. How about just improving the ventilation/circulation?
Also, breakfast was a joke. The food was ok, but only having one waffle maker in a hotel that hosts hundreds. I had to wait 20 minutes just for my turn to cook a waffle for my child. There was such a line behind me that I dared not cook another one for me.
Also, the morning shower water was frigid. My wife could only put her head in and the rest of the family opted to go without a shower. The manager told us one of the two boilers broke over the night and there was a large group at the hotel consuming the hot water.
I would have expected my stay should have been free, or at least a voucher for another future night so my opinions could be improved on another visit, but nothing. Well, the manager did give me his business card with an apology. He told me to contact him on my next stay and he'd do something for me. But c'mon, how uncomfortable is that for a guest to do, and what exactly would he have done? Quite a frustrating experience.
So, reason enough for not recommending this hotel to someone else?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Town & Country Inn! Many guests at our Cedar City hotel flock to the area for the famous Utah Shakespeare Festival. However, most guests are in the area to explore the stunning vistas, parks and mountains. Zion National Park is filled with hiking and mountain biking trails, while Bryce Canyon National Park is a favorite for nature photographers. Brian Head Ski Resort(R) is the place to be in the winter, and guests at our Cedar City hotel count on the warm, comfortable rooms we offer after a day on the slopes. Cedar City, Utah is a charming town where recreation, hospitality and great dining are in abundance. Even if you're just passing through, you'll be drawn to the simple appeal of the area. Our great location right on Main Street close to the Cedar City Regional Airport makes it easy to get around the area. Room amenities are top quality and we offer a great price for value. We offer a FREE hot breakfast every morning. The large size of the rooms means there's plenty of space to bring your gear, whether it's your mountain bike or snowboard. Our downtown location is amidst shopping and restaurants, but we offer two restaurants on site for your convenience, too. Hiking and cycling are a way of life in this region, and the outdoor entrance to most rooms greatly reduces hassle with luggage and gear. The friendly staff members of our Cedar City hotel are happy to provide advice on everything, from where to eat to licensing for state park requirements. No matter what brings you to town, you deserve to be comfortable and treated like family. We prioritize hospitality here and are committed to making sure you enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Town & Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Town & Country Hotel Cedar City
- Best Western Town And Country Inn
- Best Western Cedar City
- Country Inn Cedar City
- Cedar City Best Western
- Cedar City Country Inn
- BEST WESTERN Town & Country Inn Cedar City, Utah