“Wasn't my preference” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Cedar City
“Wasn't my preference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

We (myself, husband, and adult daughter) stayed 2 nights at the Town & Country Inn. We stay in Cedar City at least 12 nights per year and usually stay at the hotels on the south side of town just off the freeway. However my friend who lives in town has been raving about this newly remodeled Best Western so I decided to give it a try. Although it is a nice place, due to my personal preferences, it just wasn't my cup of tea

Pros: Check in was easy at 12:00 midnight and the desk clerk was friendly and polite. The room was very clean and nicely decorated, although a tad small. The bathroom area was a little small too. However, the beds were very comfortable. The toiletries were of good quality and a hair-dryer, iron/board, and coffee maker were provided. There was a large TV with loads of channels on it, including free movie channels. The free WIFI worked wonderfully and there is a desk and nice chair if you need to do some work. The breakfast in the morning was good and varied (cereal, eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, breads, sweets, juice, coffee, etc.) The hotel is located right downtown next to all the shops and restaurants and it's an easy walk to the Shakespeare Festival and SUU.

Cons: First, we arrived very late and it was very cold and snowing outside. When we got to the room it was FREEZING inside. We turned on the heater (the type on the floor under a window) and it took a few hours to heat up the small room. Next, the heater was extremely LOUD. I was sleeping next to it and I felt like I was sleeping next to a moving car. I didn't sleep well at all either night. This is also an older hotel with outside corridors. It is the type were you open the door and the beds are right there and the bathroom is in the back of the room. Because of this it was really NOISY. The rooms only have a single-paned window and at 6:00 in the morning people started leaving and scraping the snow off their cars and setting alarms off. Kids were having a great time throwing snowballs, etc. I know this wasn't the hotel's fault and I sure the people didn't realize that the noise traveled into the rooms so well. I just personally like the type of hotel rooms with inside corridors where you walk in and the bathroom is right inside the door and you have a little hall to the sleeping area so you are buffered from the noise in the corridor. Also, my daughter was performing in a show so we didn't get to bed until late each night and would have like to sleep in, which unfortunately was impossible.

I hate to give this hotel a bad review because it is clean, well-equipped, has a nice staff, etc. If you don't have a car, it's the perfect place to be in town as you can walk anywhere. But the three of us decided we won't stay here again because of the room layout and the noise issue.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
BW_TownandCountry, Manager at BEST WESTERN Town & Country Inn, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Thank you for your kind, honest review. It is so refreshing to hear that our renovation has paid off and our customers are enjoying their rooms and the amenities now offered. We would like to sincerely apologize for the heater not functioning properly. Engineering has been notified and the problem will be fixed. We hope you will give us another chance to earn back your loyalty!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I travel often for business by car and stay in many Best Western hotels as well as other chain hotels.
Of all the Best Western Hotels, I like this one the best for quality and value.
I enjoy the hotel so much I look forward to staying. I plan to make a point to stay here for pleasure this coming summer.
I Highly recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay enough to book again! We appreciate the business our patrons bring us. It is very kind of you to say that we are "the best for quality and value" of the Best Westerns you have stayed at! We look forward to seeing you in the Summer!
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I was driving around Cedar City looking for a motel. I passed this motel, but it looked expensive. Finally I drove in. Surprise, with my senior discount it was very modest in cost. I like outside doors and one floor. No stinky hallways and my vehicle is directly outside my door. But here there is a clever porch and vine so the outside doors do not look bleak.
Clean crisp sheets, not the usual limp soulless sheets of questionable character. Room smelled great, bedding was arranged perfectly and even a mint on the pillow. Lots of chairs and real READING LAMPS!! Everything was clean and perfect. I have stayed at hotels costing $200-300 per night and they were not as well appointed as this one. If you are near Cedar City do yourself a favor and stay here.

Room Tip: My room was on the south side of the main street and it was excellent and quiet
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Wow thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and the amenities it offers. "I have stayed at hotels costing $200-300 per night and they were not as well appointed as this one." Thank you for such an impressive comment. We hope you come back and see us soon!
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We book this hotel over the internet. Great rooms for the price we paid! Very clean, updated comfortable beds. Staff was very helpful. Great location, good breakfast
I would use this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your great review! We appreciate the wonderful words you have to say about our hotel. We are so happy it fit your needs and look forward to seeing you next time!
Moab
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Comfortable and updated rooms, the hotel was very clean and well kept. The front desk staff were helpful upon check-in. The breakfast was good, I will return the next time I visit Cedar City.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and the rooms were perfect for your needs. We appreciate the wonderful things you have to say about our hotel. We look forward to seeing your in the future!
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I pulled in late with two sleeping kids in the car. They gave us a room with an outside entrance we could park right in front of. Perfect. The beds were comfortable and everything was clean. Breakfast was great. They had omlettes, sausage, and waffles in addition to the usual continental breakfast stuff you'd expect.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review! We are so happy we could fulfill your needs as you were traveling with your young family. “Good value, helpful staff, and great breakfast”, what a wonderful thing to say about our hotel! We hope we get the chance to serve you and your family again!
Cocoa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

This hotel is OK...We would not stay here again. After hiking all day for the past week we were looking forward to the indoor hottub only to be told that our building does not have one and we would have to go across the street. We are from Florida and going across the street in 50 degree weather is not reasonable....They didnt seem to care about doing anything to change the sitution. Very Very slow checkin the rooms really need to be cleaned better. If staying here ask what building you will be in the main one or across the street....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
BW_TownandCountry, Manager at BEST WESTERN Town & Country Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Thank you for your review. The Town and Country Inn is the largest luxury hotel in Cedar City, Utah, with this size comes the wonderful opportunity to accommodate guests of all scopes visiting the town. The Town portion of our hotel is our Elite building where you will enjoy elegant and modern décor, with the majority of our extras/amenities. This is due to the concept of "Elite". Our Country portion of our hotel is for our more rate sensitive guests who are looking for a great room at a fantastic price. We hope this helps!

Been to BEST WESTERN Town & Country Inn? Share your experiences!