We (myself, husband, and adult daughter) stayed 2 nights at the Town & Country Inn. We stay in Cedar City at least 12 nights per year and usually stay at the hotels on the south side of town just off the freeway. However my friend who lives in town has been raving about this newly remodeled Best Western so I decided to give it a try. Although it is a nice place, due to my personal preferences, it just wasn't my cup of tea
Pros: Check in was easy at 12:00 midnight and the desk clerk was friendly and polite. The room was very clean and nicely decorated, although a tad small. The bathroom area was a little small too. However, the beds were very comfortable. The toiletries were of good quality and a hair-dryer, iron/board, and coffee maker were provided. There was a large TV with loads of channels on it, including free movie channels. The free WIFI worked wonderfully and there is a desk and nice chair if you need to do some work. The breakfast in the morning was good and varied (cereal, eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, breads, sweets, juice, coffee, etc.) The hotel is located right downtown next to all the shops and restaurants and it's an easy walk to the Shakespeare Festival and SUU.
Cons: First, we arrived very late and it was very cold and snowing outside. When we got to the room it was FREEZING inside. We turned on the heater (the type on the floor under a window) and it took a few hours to heat up the small room. Next, the heater was extremely LOUD. I was sleeping next to it and I felt like I was sleeping next to a moving car. I didn't sleep well at all either night. This is also an older hotel with outside corridors. It is the type were you open the door and the beds are right there and the bathroom is in the back of the room. Because of this it was really NOISY. The rooms only have a single-paned window and at 6:00 in the morning people started leaving and scraping the snow off their cars and setting alarms off. Kids were having a great time throwing snowballs, etc. I know this wasn't the hotel's fault and I sure the people didn't realize that the noise traveled into the rooms so well. I just personally like the type of hotel rooms with inside corridors where you walk in and the bathroom is right inside the door and you have a little hall to the sleeping area so you are buffered from the noise in the corridor. Also, my daughter was performing in a show so we didn't get to bed until late each night and would have like to sleep in, which unfortunately was impossible.
I hate to give this hotel a bad review because it is clean, well-equipped, has a nice staff, etc. If you don't have a car, it's the perfect place to be in town as you can walk anywhere. But the three of us decided we won't stay here again because of the room layout and the noise issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Town & Country Inn! Many guests at our Cedar City hotel flock to the area for the famous Utah Shakespeare Festival. However, most guests are in the area to explore the stunning vistas, parks and mountains. Zion National Park is filled with hiking and mountain biking trails, while Bryce Canyon National Park is a favorite for nature photographers. Brian Head Ski Resort(R) is the place to be in the winter, and guests at our Cedar City hotel count on the warm, comfortable rooms we offer after a day on the slopes. Cedar City, Utah is a charming town where recreation, hospitality and great dining are in abundance. Even if you're just passing through, you'll be drawn to the simple appeal of the area. Our great location right on Main Street close to the Cedar City Regional Airport makes it easy to get around the area. Room amenities are top quality and we offer a great price for value. We offer a FREE hot breakfast every morning. The large size of the rooms means there's plenty of space to bring your gear, whether it's your mountain bike or snowboard. Our downtown location is amidst shopping and restaurants, but we offer two restaurants on site for your convenience, too. Hiking and cycling are a way of life in this region, and the outdoor entrance to most rooms greatly reduces hassle with luggage and gear. The friendly staff members of our Cedar City hotel are happy to provide advice on everything, from where to eat to licensing for state park requirements. No matter what brings you to town, you deserve to be comfortable and treated like family. We prioritize hospitality here and are committed to making sure you enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Town & Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Town & Country Hotel Cedar City
- Best Western Town And Country Inn
- Best Western Cedar City
- Country Inn Cedar City
- Cedar City Best Western
- Cedar City Country Inn
- BEST WESTERN Town & Country Inn Cedar City, Utah