“What a wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 94 Restaurants in Cedar City
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A steak and seafood house located 5 miles east of Cedar City on Highway 14. We have a rustic cabin atmospher in a beautiful canyon setting
Las Vegas, NV
“What a wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

My husband and I experienced Milt's Stage Stop just a few days ago. Milt's has a wonderful ambiance- rustic log cabin style nestled in the woods. We were celebrating my husband's birthday and asked for a table in an intimate setting, and that's exactly what we got. Our table was in the back by a picture window. Right outside our window were 4 young deer, eating apples. The food was plentiful and absolutely delicious! Each meal comes with a salad bar and choices of a side. Our steaks (filet mignon and ribeye) were unbelieveably delicious. It was possibly the best filet I've ever eaten. The service was excellent and wait time was short. In addition, I felt that the price was right. I expected that it would have cost much more, based on the quality of the food. It was a memorable experience, one I'll never forget. I recommend this restaurant to everyone looking for a quality, delicious meal in a beautiful atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

St. George, Utah
“Too pricey for the quality of food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

I was excited to try Milt's, as their reputation is as the nicest restaurant in Cedar City. We were actually very disappointed! The food was good, but not excellent, which is what we expected for the price and reputation. Although I realize it is a rustic steakhouse, I felt like I was eating in a cafeteria as I looked over the slim choices on the salad bar and later peeled the wrapper off my pat of butter. And while everything was cooked adequately, the fried shrimp was overly greasy (was it drained?), and the steak just barely undercooked and over seasoned (had I sent it back I feared it would have been overcooked). We actually could have cooked better in our own kitchen (and we are by no means chefs), making the $50 tab seem hard to swallow.

However, the service was good, and the atmosphere was entertaining (I don't know if I've seen a buffalo head that closely before!), and the location was excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Provo, Utah
“Not as good as we previously experienced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

We have attend the Cedar City Shakesperean Festival for the past six years. Milts was always one of our favorite restaurants until this year. First of all we ordered an appetizer which was never delivered (we were not charged) The so called Ribeye steak I ordered was not a Ribeye but some other cut of meat. My wife's prime rib was undercooked and did not seem to be a great quality cut of meat. The entire meal was just average which was a disappointment compared to what we have experienced in the past. I am wondering if Milts is experiencing a budget crunch and has sacrificed some quality in their service? Too bad if that is the case. It is also possible they just were having a bad night??

Santa Clara, Utah
“The food was great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

.We visited Milt's in August. We liked the way the place looked inside. It was kind on like a hunting lodge. I ordered the steak and lobster and man was it good. The only thing bad that happened was that we had to wait for 20 minutes before we were seated even though we had reservations

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Utah
“Romantic, quiet, and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Milts, is up the cedar canyon past their sister restaurant Rusty's. Our meal was fantastic. The place is dark, illuminated by candle light. Best for couples or a small group, definitely not the best place to take children.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere