Stayed here in part of big road trip, and were exhausted on arrival. Check in was great by the girl looking after us, I was amused by the other check in girl, who seemed to have little understanding of how to talk to a guest. Our lady recognised my husbands priority club status whereas the girl didn't ask the poor chap she was checking in, our girl must have noticed and recognised it.
Still I thought she is probably being trained.
We were given a room on other side of highway so it would be quieter.
It was very small, and the bathroom smelt a little musky.
But seemed ok for our needs of crashing out for one night.
When the covers were pulled down however the bed looked unmade properly, all creased, and the mattress cover wrinkled.
We thought was just bad housekeeping, and were tired, so pulled it neat and went to bed.
The BIG SHOCK was in the morning, my husband found a grubby sock in the bottom of the bed!!! OMG!! So it wasn't just badly made bed, were these dirty sheets? Had someone actually slept here and the beds roughly re made!!
I felt sick!! Disgusted!!
To top off the bill pushed under the door showed a charge for room, although we asked to pay with
So off to desk we went, and spoke to Dawn Gronowski the duty manager.
She quickly addressed the problem of the bill, saying the girl on night shift didn't know how to do a points paid bill.
Ok. Should she not be taught before left unsupervised? Just a thought.
When we showed her the sock and explained she looked mortified and as upset as us and straight away gave us assurance she would deal with it.
We went to breakfast. And have to say the cooked breakfast was turned away by my husband - he said the so called eggs ( they are reconstituted) were so bad even even he wouldn't eat it! I'm the one who can't eat rubbish food, but he said was inedible!
The woman looking after the breakfasts was very unhappy
looking and seemed constantly to be trying to fill up the quickly emptying trays. Still, it had a pancake machine which keeps me amused for seconds!!
Back to desk at checkout and Dawn was true to her word.
She had spoken with priority club and we had the night free, plus points. And had spoken to housekeeping who said the sock must have been caught up in the washing with static.
Hmmmm... So how come it wasn't noticed when putting on the bed? And why was it dirty?
More to the point IF that were true, how come the beds looked unmade.
Dawn was very gracious and apologetic, she gave us extra points on top and was, along with the smiley girl with the shorter fair hair, who checked us in, the only redeeming feature of the hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express, a new hotel located in Cedar City, Utah ,home to the world renowned Utah Shakespearean Festival. Located just off Interstate 15, you will have convenient access to Southern Utah University, Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, Brian Head Ski Resort, and Grand Canyon North Rim which are all just a short scenic drive away from our 100% smoke free property. Guests will enjoy our friendly staff, plush new bedding, luxurious bathroom amenities, and spacious upgraded suites. Experience culture at the Utah Shakespearean and Neil Simon Festivals. You can also feed your hunger for adventure with a wide variety of outdoor recreational activities including hiking, ATV trail riding, mountain biking, fishing, horseback riding, snow and water skiing.Cedar City offers many local services and attractions and we are certain you ll enjoy your stay with us in the Festival City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cedar City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cedar City Hotel Cedar City
- Holiday Inn Cedar City
- Cedar City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Cedar City Utah