“Excellent Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 89 restaurants in Cedar City
Cuisines: American, English, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bards Food & Drink Establishment is a family friendly restaurant with a separate pub located inside. We are located in the Crystal Inn and have multiple banquet rooms to fit your small or large needs.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I came in with a fellow co worker to have a small meal and drinks, our bartender/server was outstanding! She was knowledgeable on her drink making and was quick at it too. She treated us as if we were the only ones there that night (and the pub was nearly full) She was giving amazing service to the other tables as well though, and the food we got was phenomenal! and very quick to get out in front of us, hands down the best place Ive been in Cedar city, I will definitely be back soon, as we told our waitress we will be traveling to Brian head just to make the stop at bards along the way! Any previous negative reviews need to be tossed out the window! because this place has changed a lot since we were here last year, and the changes have only been for the better!!!!!

• Visited January 2014

67% Recommend
“Refreshing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I recently moved to cedar city and have found my favorite place to go and eat. The food is inventive and the staff is amazing!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Jessiofcedar, Manager at Bard's Food & Drink Establishment, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hello,
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to bards food and drink, I would love if you came in and visited again. Just mention to your server that you wrote here on trip advisor and you can come get a Free dessert of your choice with purchase of an entree. Just mention jessi sent you!
Hope to see you real soon!!
Suzhou
“A Pleasant Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My family and I have been driving through Cedar City on our way from California to Colorado for many years. A few weeks ago, we decided to stay at the attached hotel, the Crystal Inn, and were satisfied with it and the restaurant. The service was also excellent and all the staff friendly.

We decided to go back on our return trip, and I'm pleased to say the food is consistently good. We had their homemade clam chowder, a nice salad bar, and a brilliantly presented fish and chips. Good value, good quality, it tasted like real food cooked with care. We will return again, this is our new spot in Cedar City. Thanks!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Beaumont, Texas
“Excellent food,service,and fun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

As an avid traveler, and eating out several times a week we decided to ignore the bad reviews and make our own decision as we have found out in the past, try it first then decide. We were passing threw Cedar city on our way to Zion and decided to stop for the night after checking into our room we went to the restaurant were greeted immediately sat at a table by a nice waitress drinks were ordered and delivered quick. I ordered the prime rib which was cook to perfection, my husband ordered a pasta dish which he loved. The waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful even though she was new. The wine and beer list was quite extensive, the restaurant was a bit busy but food came correctly cooked, in a good time, and was delicious. I will be back on our way back threw. Had fun and enjoyed the hospitality. We suggest try it and make your own decisions before you listen to others.

Nebraska
“Shoulda listened to the others who reviewed this restaurant!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

One of the other reviews of this restaurant written within the past month described an experience very similar to ours. We concluded (however unjustly) that the restaurant experienced a recent turnover in manager/trainers because our waitress (as sweet as she was) was horrible! At the end of the meal, for example, it took her no less than 45 minutes to present our bill - and that is just one example. The food, according to my fellow diners was ok, but the service absolutely ruined the experience. Obviously, the locals know about it because there was only one other table of guests in the restaurant when we were there. I would suggest you stay away from this place. I gave a 2 rating because the food was not really that bad.

• Visited October 2013