“clean and plain” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Cedar City
Grand Junction, Colorado
“clean and plain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

nice place, absolutely nothing wrong with this motel, its just very simple. the rooms dont really have any art or anything just a little bed. I think it was an old hospital or something because there are hand rails everywhere and it just has that old hospital or nursing home feel. very friendly staff, they were great.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

It was clean, comfortable, and cheap. I had a great stay. I got some great advice from the gentleman at the front desk on a scenic route to Zion. Also visited Bryce while I was staying there. Nice spot to stay, in the middle of the two great National Parks.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Natasha D, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Cedar City, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
Dear Vanessa H.,

Thank you for choosing Motel 6 in Cedar City. I'm glad you found it to be clean, comfortable, and a great stay! It's so nice to be able to take the scenic route and sounds like you enjoyed both the National Parks. Remember to stay with us on your next trip!

All the Best,

Natasha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

Me and my daughter stayed overnight to take a tour of SUU. The front desk manager was very nice and the place was really clean. I have stayed in 5 star hotels and budget motels so for the price there are No complaints from me. Great location and we had a pretty view of the mountains. For $50 bucks I would definitely stay again.

Stayed October 2014
Natasha D, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Cedar City, responded to this review, October 29, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you were happy with the location, cleanliness, and customer service with the value And we hope you and your daughter enjoyed the tour of SUU. Thank you for choosing to stay at Motel 6 in Cedar City! We look forward to seeing you here on your next visit!

All the Best,

Natasha
Stansbury park, Utah, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

I spent three nights here with a high school group for the Shakespeare Competition. The hotel rooms were very small and not very clean. The carpets were filthy and there was black mold by the sink in the bathroom. We had two half pillows on our queen size bed and when we asked for more the hotel manager grudgingly gave us one additional pillow. This one was actually full sized instead of the small square ones on the bed.

The first night we were there the fire alarm went off 5 times between 11:00 p.m. and midnight. We were told someone was smoking somewhere in the hotel. It then went off again at 4:30 a.m. It is a little difficult to believe that whoever was smoking for an entire hour between 11 and midnight then got up at 4 and started smoking again, knowing they would set off the fire alarm. That was just one of the many lies the manager told us.

We woke up in the morning to take showers and found there was no shampoo. I guess when they call this a budget hotel they really mean that. We had a lot of high school girls running around looking for some shampoo. Fortunately, I had a half of a sample bottle of shampoo left from another hotel. The showers were a weird, triangle shape. I don't like to touch the shower curtain in hotels because I don't really think they get cleaned very well. This shower is so tiny that it is impossible not to touch the shower curtain.

Half the keys in our group didn't work and had to be replaced. I think that it is because they are too cheap to replace them. We were staying in the hotel from Thursday through Sunday. On Saturday morning the manager ran out to our bus and asked for all the keys to be returned. He was told that we had reservations until Sunday and he seemed very confused. When we returned later that day, all of our keys had been deactivated. When my husband asked the manager about this, he claimed that our keys didn't work because they had been in our pocket next to our cell phone. Another lie. He did prepare keys for all of the students and had them ready when they returned. I guess he knew that they would all keep their keys in their pocket next to their cell phone and would need a new key.

I really don't know how this hotel has gotten any good reviews. It isn't significantly cheaper than the hotels that have amenities like shampoo, alarm clock, coffee pot, and hair dryer in the room. Most of those hotels offer free breakfasts. I will never stay in this hotel and it has ruined the name of Motel 6 for me.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Maulik V, General Manager at Motel 6 Cedar City, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
Dear Jennifer J,
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule and write us your feedback. Your comments are taken in consideration. We are so sorry for the alarm going off several times. We tried to silent the alarm every time it went off. unfortunately we had smokers who kept the doors open in the hallways and smoked standing next to it. We discovered it was one of the school's staff member. One of your girls also burnt the popcorn in the hallway, that caused the alarm went off one more time.
When we have event like this, we always face problem, and unfortunately even after our staff stay on their foot all the time, we could not handle some mischievous students. At this time we had your staff member and your kids cause the alarm going off several times.
At motel 6, we are well know to offer the best price in the neighborhood. Shampoo and other mentioned amenities are not offered in the price we charge. Please do not expect these at any Motel 6 world wide. That will make you disappointed.
I want to thank you again for choosing us for your lodging needs. We apologize one more time for the inconvenience during your stay.

Maulik V.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

I was on my last leg of my trip when I stopped here. I stayed for one night and it ended up being one of the best hotel stays on my trip. Being very tired when I pulled in, checking in was fast and easy. The manager, Mr. Francisco, was very nice and helpful. The room was very clean and the bed was quite comfortable. I was able to get a good night's sleep after being on the road all day. As requested, a morning wake up call was prompt which allowed me to get back on the road to see my family. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who will be traveling through the area as I do not have one single complaint about it. I also strongly recommend it to those on a budget.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Sam A, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Cedar City, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
Dear 2005Sean,

What a great review! Thank you so much and thank you for choosing to stay with us! We're delighted to hear that your stay with us was one of the best during your trip! It makes us very glad to know that we were able to provide you with a good night's sleep after a tiring day of traveling. We do our best to ensure our valued guests' satisfaction! Thank you very much for your kind recommendation! We hope to see you again soon during your next trip to Cedar City!

Best Regards,
Sam
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2014

I'm not much of a travel, and usually dread staying in a motel/hotel, but this motel 6 provided great service. The staff were professional, and friendly, when answering my family's questions and helping us get a room. The outside of the hotel was well maintained, and the rooms are modern and clean. What I liked about the rooms were that the bed were comfy, I had no problem falling asleep. I didn't feel like I was staying at any old motel because everything was up to date, and it had a homely feeling. If I'm looking for a motel to sleep the night, or multiple nights, in Cedar City, I will not hesitate to book a room here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Maulik V, General Manager at Motel 6 Cedar City, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for sparing time out of your busy schedule and writing us fabulous review. Your feedback and comments are very much appreciated. I will share your review with rest of my staff.
We are so happy to earn 4 stars from you. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Cedar city.

Maulik V.
Fillmore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2014

It's hard to give any place a 5 rating but this Motel 6 did a great job of getting a 4. I have stayed at Motel 6's all over the country when I get on my Harley and hit the road. From New York to Los Angeles. Some are good, some are not so good. This one in Cedar City is not only good, its very good. The rooms are modern, clean and the property is well maintained. The staff is courteous and efficient. This is one of the more pricey Motel 6's but it is worth the money. The General Manager should be proud of the people that staff his motel...Tell them all a thanks for me.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Sam A, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Cedar City, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Hello there, Breakfastforbikers!

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy day to send us in a review! It's reviews like yours that motivate us to continue to provide an excellent customer experience! We are very glad to hear that you found your stay with us to be very good! We are definitely proud of each and every one of our staff members as they work day in and out to provide our guests with the best experience possible.

Again, thank you for your time and your kind words! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Best Regards,
Sam A.

Been to Motel 6 Cedar City? Share your experiences!