“Yummy Thai Food” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Near Wal-Mart in Cedar City
Spring Valley, NY
“Yummy Thai Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed in Cedar City for business. Sweet Basil Thai was a delicious surprise. Enjoyed good service and conversation with the owner. Pad Thai and Tom Kha Gai were both excellent.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Utah
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This wasn't the best Thai I've ever had, but it was good. The chicken pad Thai was our favorite dish. The portions were smaller than I expected and the meat was sparse in each dish, but the flavor was good. Its my daughter's favorite place to eat in Cedar City and I would go there again.

• Visited February 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great unexpected find in Cedar City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were lookingfor some place different to take our daughter for dinner one evening. She goes to school in Cedar and we were tired of the chain restaurants. Sweet Basil Thai had fantastic food, very friendly staff and it was priced right. Definitly get the mango dessert if you go!

Visited October 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Nice Thai lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Passing through cedar city and wanted to try something new this visit. We love Thai food and have it frequently, specifically masaman curry and chicken pad Thai. I thought they were ok comparatively, tasty and light, but not heavy with flavor. (I like it creamier than I found here.) My husband really liked the pad thai. I asked for mild because our kids were eating with us and I'm pregnant. She suggested level 2 of 1-10. Service was great, quick and kid-friendly at 12:30pm on a Tuesday. Pricing is reasonable. Portions are served per person not family style size. Restaurant is small. We would stop again as we are passing through.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
the west
“For something different . . .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Cedar City has a plethora of Mexican restaurants so finding a good Thai restaurant is a bit of a surprise. If you like Chinese you will probably like the Sweet Basil. Thai is different from Chinese but a similar genre. The food is really good with a great variety of sauces to choose from. You can choose how spicy you want it on a scale of 1-10. I like spicy food but a 3-4 here is pretty warm for me. Our server was very helpful with those choices. It is a small place probably not geared for larger groups or families, Also it is a notch pricier than your average Chinese fare, but well worth it,

• Visited November 2012